Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Screen keeps turning off

OP Frexxia

7th November 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #31  
Junior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Thumbs down Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.2 4g turning off
Hi everyone. Just bought mine yesterday 2nd hand. I have the same f._.king problem. I followed your suggestions: Taking of the protection with the magnet case did not change anything. Did a reset:nothing. Used it for almost half a day everything was ok. But last night , the screen started flickering and did not pay too much attention thinking it was a battery problem.
Today, it started swithing off itself . once, twice and a third time. then flickering again. It will not restart if I don't plug it in. (electricity). I am taking it back tomorrow for a refund. Still has 6 months warantee.
Good points : over saturated (beurk) colours but 2k pixels make a difference when watching HD videos. Screen spliting into 3 ok into 4 not that practical.
I wanted the biggest mobile phone and eventually tablet and I am really deceived . Probably end up with a Sony xperia Z 2 4g tablet which is only 10 inch.
So DONT BUY IT. DO NOT BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PRO 12.2 4g) It seems that I am not alone and I haven't found any solution to this problem for the past 6 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_1107_2312_14.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	3004412  
8th November 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 201
 
870 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman

Hi everyone. Just bought mine yesterday 2nd hand. I have the same f._.king problem. I followed your suggestions: Taking of the protection with the magnet case did not change anything. Did a reset:nothing. Used it for almost half a day everything was ok. But last night , the screen started flickering and did not pay too much attention thinking it was a battery problem.
Today, it started swithing off itself . once, twice and a third time. then flickering again. It will not restart if I don't plug it in. (electricity). I am taking it back tomorrow for a refund. Still has 6 months warantee.
Good points : over saturated (beurk) colours but 2k pixels make a difference when watching HD videos. Screen spliting into 3 ok into 4 not that practical.
I wanted the biggest mobile phone and eventually tablet and I am really deceived . Probably end up with a Sony xperia Z 2 4g tablet which is only 10 inch.
So DONT BUY IT. DO NOT BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PRO 12.2 4g) It seems that I am not alone and I haven't found any solution to this problem for the past 6 hours.

Sorry things didn't work out for you. Sounds like a hardware issue. While you're certainly not alone there also is certainly a market for the device (absolutely love mine). Understand that you feel the need to warn others though and can appreciate that. . .
8th November 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman

Hi everyone. Just bought mine yesterday 2nd hand. I have the same f._.king problem. I followed your suggestions: Taking of the protection with the magnet case did not change anything. Did a reset:nothing. Used it for almost half a day everything was ok. But last night , the screen started flickering and did not pay too much attention thinking it was a battery problem.
Today, it started swithing off itself . once, twice and a third time. then flickering again. It will not restart if I don't plug it in. (electricity). I am taking it back tomorrow for a refund. Still has 6 months warantee.
Good points : over saturated (beurk) colours but 2k pixels make a difference when watching HD videos. Screen spliting into 3 ok into 4 not that practical.
I wanted the biggest mobile phone and eventually tablet and I am really deceived . Probably end up with a Sony xperia Z 2 4g tablet which is only 10 inch.
So DONT BUY IT. DO NOT BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PRO 12.2 4g) It seems that I am not alone and I haven't found any solution to this problem for the past 6 hours.

How you got that. I haven't got ANY problems on my LTE model (SM-P905). Not even a single reboot by itself. No rainbow colors on screen. No nothing that it shouldn't do. Works just as it should. Rooted, kinda debloated + lots of Xposed modules.
8th November 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #34  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
4,171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman

Hi everyone. Just bought mine yesterday 2nd hand. I have the same f._.king problem. I followed your suggestions: Taking of the protection with the magnet case did not change anything. Did a reset:nothing. Used it for almost half a day everything was ok. But last night , the screen started flickering and did not pay too much attention thinking it was a battery problem.
Today, it started swithing off itself . once, twice and a third time. then flickering again. It will not restart if I don't plug it in. (electricity). I am taking it back tomorrow for a refund. Still has 6 months warantee.
Good points : over saturated (beurk) colours but 2k pixels make a difference when watching HD videos. Screen spliting into 3 ok into 4 not that practical.
I wanted the biggest mobile phone and eventually tablet and I am really deceived . Probably end up with a Sony xperia Z 2 4g tablet which is only 10 inch.
So DONT BUY IT. DO NOT BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE PRO 12.2 4g) It seems that I am not alone and I haven't found any solution to this problem for the past 6 hours.

All the reboot issues are only found on the P900 and P907A (AT&T) . It does not affect the P905 LTE.

What you have here is a defect battery. Send it in.

If you knew how many times a day I deal with smartphone and tablet users of all brands with a defect battery, you'd know this is a fairly normal thing. Lithium-ion batteries break. Randomly. On their own. It happens. Often. It's just a quirk of the technological age, you can't prevent it.

Has nothing to do with the specific tablet or brand.

Also, you mention oversaturated. It's an LCD screen, not AMOLED. It's known for being far less oversaturated than Samsung's phones. You do know you could change the coloir settings under Settings>Display? To a setting that turned it into natural colours...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ShadowLea; 8th November 2014 at 01:35 PM.
9th November 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #35  
Junior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Samsung galaxy note produit 12.2 4G
I am sure you have much experience than I do but what I bought was a P905 for a specifique reason.: It has a sim card slot which I need because I am always on the road and I do not always have a wifi connection next to me. I drive all day so i need my 4g connection all day. AS i wrote, it is globally agood tablet and I insist, I find the colours vibrant too vibrant for me. It is a matter of persanal taste. Vibant colours a good for certains things. My kids and I watched the "Lapins cretins" on the tablet it was cool. Watching Avatar was also cool but watching a regular a video from youtube was not fine for me. So it is personal experience not a generality.
I use an S4 for my job and a Sony experia SP personally and I have had phablets before the were called phablet( viewsonic old and new), and ipad 1 and 2 and I have never come across this problem of my giant phones shutting of on its own with battery at 100%. I was just sharing my personal experience. I am now writing from a Sony Z2 Tablet , the phone works well, the colours suit me better but I miss the 12 inch size and the split screen possibility. Maybe its possible, I don't know. Anyway thanks for your response. I added a picture of the samsung and the end of my 1st post. You may be a specialist but write that it does not occur to P905, It did to mine. I got a refund and bought what I am using now. And I ready to but one if thee batterie problem is fixed but not before. CQFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

All the reboot issues are only found on the P900 and P907A (AT&T) . It does not affect the P905 LTE.

What you have here is a defect battery. Send it in.

If you knew how many times a day I deal with smartphone and tablet users of all brands with a defect battery, you'd know this is a fairly normal thing. Lithium-ion batteries break. Randomly. On their own. It happens. Often. It's just a quirk of the technological age, you can't prevent it.

Has nothing to do with the specific tablet or brand.

Also, you mention oversaturated. It's an LCD screen, not AMOLED. It's known for being far less oversaturated than Samsung's phones. You do know you could change the coloir settings under Settings>Display? To a setting that turned it into natural colours...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

9th November 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #36  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
4,171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman

I am sure you have much experience than I do but what I bought was a P905 for a specifique reason.: It has a sim card slot which I need because I am always on the road and I do not always have a wifi connection next to me. I drive all day so i need my 4g connection all day. AS i wrote, it is globally agood tablet and I insist, I find the colours vibrant too vibrant for me. It is a matter of persanal taste. Vibant colours a good for certains things. My kids and I watched the "Lapins cretins" on the tablet it was cool. Watching Avatar was also cool but watching a regular a video from youtube was not fine for me. So it is personal experience not a generality.
I use an S4 for my job and a Sony experia SP personally and I have had phablets before the were called phablet( viewsonic old and new), and ipad 1 and 2 and I have never come across this problem of my giant phones shutting of on its own with battery at 100%. I was just sharing my personal experience. I am now writing from a Sony Z2 Tablet , the phone works well, the colours suit me better but I miss the 12 inch size and the split screen possibility. Maybe its possible, I don't know. Anyway thanks for your response. I added a picture of the samsung and the end of my 1st post. You may be a specialist but write that it does not occur to P905, It did to mine. I got a refund and bought what I am using now. And I ready to but one if thee batterie problem is fixed but not before. CQFD

I wasn't saying that it didn't shut down. I also didn't say you didn't have a p905. Please read a bit more thorougly.

I merely stated that you were relating it to the wrong issue.

A broken battery causes shutdowns, reboots, percentage jumps, freezes, crashes and drain. All together and seperately. This is what was affecting your unit. It happens to every device range, regardless of size. Mine have also never done it , but we encounter enough people every day that do.

The reboot issue you spoke of was related to a different piece of hardware/software.

As for the colours, I said there were settings that allowed you to choose the vibrancy of the colours. I did not say you had to like the colours or accept them.

Others will probably start making 12/13" tablets soon enough, just give it time

Oh, and if you've rooted your Z2, you can use Xposed with XMultiWindow to add the multiwindow functionality.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
9th November 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #37  
Junior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Samsung galaxy note produit 12.2 4G
To ShadowLea: Thanks for the explanation. I'll wait till i get used to it. I am not very good when it comes to Rooting. On my old viewsonics it worked, on my ex Lg it did not. On my xperia Sp, it did not. Thanks for the tip ill wait for Android L then I will try to root. Thanks
24th November 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
FIXED
Just fold up a piece of paper a few times. Pull off the case. You will see a square near the hole for the camera. This is the magnet that is turning the tablet off. Tape the paper over the square. This creates enough distance from the tablet so the magnet isn't detected. Easy 30 second fix.
Cheers!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes