Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014

INCORRECT USE OF THESE FILES WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
PLEASE ENSURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG

Here you can find stock firmware for both thor and apollo devices which are safestrap flashable.

Please note the following:
- These updates do NOT flash a new kernel or recovery - only a new /system image
- Before flashing ensure you know which stock base/kernel/safestrap you have installed and choose the appropriate version for that stock base/kernel.
- Do NOT use these images to downgrade or upgrade your base firmware.

I will be uploading them as and when I have time.

Thor Images:
- 13.3.1.0 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.2
- 13.3.2.6 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.5

*** THESE ONES DO NOT HAVE ROOT OR BLOCK UPDATES ***
- 13.4.5.2 <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

Apollo Images:
- 14.3.1.0 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.2
- 14.3.2.6 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.5

- 14.3.2.8 <- Flashable on Safestrap v3.7.5
- 14.4.5.2 <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

If you want to re-enable over the air updates then do the following:
- Skip this if you are using the 4.5.2 files - As stated above this does not apply so be careful.
- rename /system/etc/security/otacert.old to otacert.zip
- rename /system/app/com.amazon.dcp.old to com.amazon.dcp.apk

Last edited:

carlwong_kf

Dec 29, 2007
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi All,

Here you can find stock firmware for both thor and apollo devices which are safestrap flashable.

- These updates do NOT flash a new kernel or recovery - only a new /system image
- Before flashing ensure you know which stock base/kernel/safestrap you have installed and choose the appropriate version for that stock base/kernel.

Thor Images:

Apollo Images:

Excellent! I am able to revert back to this stock firmware after nearly bricking my device. Thank you!!

_Alex_

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 21, 2005
San Jose, CA
Since I"m heavily tied into the Amazon ecosystem and have other Kindle devices, installing HDX Nexus 2.01 didn't work for me.

However, thanks to @ggow, using the same upgrade guide, Iwas able to get my 3.1.0 to 3.2.6, allowing my fire hdx devices to finally be able to do screen sharing with my fire TVs! I did have to restore /data, enable xposed + hdxposed, re-install kindlefree + Google play store APKs & stucks wallpaper fix to be back at 100%...

Last edited:

ehuebl

Oct 11, 2010
I goofed - flashed the apollo zip over my already properly up(down)graded stock. Now of course I get a blank screen when trying to boot the stock - not that I do it that often of course. I can still get into safestrap and boot the nexus 2.01 rom with no issues so am okay for now. Would I need something like a rooted 14.3.2.6 to fix this?

Turkishflavor

Apr 12, 2011
aren't these roms very old? Is there any way to get the latest AMAZON STOCK apps AND keep root? I really like the FIRE OS (way more than stock Android) but I also want all apps etc.

PacoBell

Sep 12, 2006
Since I"m heavily tied into the Amazon ecosystem and have other Kindle devices, installing HDX Nexus 2.01 didn't work for me.

However, thanks to @ggow, using the same upgrade guide, Iwas able to get my 3.1.0 to 3.2.6, allowing my fire hdx devices to finally be able to do screen sharing with my fire TVs! I did have to restore /data, enable xposed + hdxposed, re-install kindlefree + Google play store APKs & stucks wallpaper fix to be back at 100%...

Was screen sharing to Fire TV not available on 13.3.2.3.2? Furthermore, what exactly does 13.3.2.6 offer that's new/improved? Does anyone have the changelog for this?

Turkishflavor

Apr 12, 2011
OK, so the LATEST FIRE OS Version that is rootable is "13.3.2.6" for the THOR device, is that correct? Or is there any other way to root a newer OS Version?´

Oh, and how can I flash this update? My device is rooted, but I have a very old OS Version on my kindle hdx.

ehuebl

Oct 11, 2010
Hey guys.. I screwed up.

I have a fire hdx Apollo that had been properly up(down)graded and running fine with 2.01. For some reason (and my lack of understanding the correct versions of things) I thought it would be a good idea to install the Apollo update on my stock rom. This of course has now caused boot loops on my stock boot but not my 2.01 boot.

Would love to be able to restore the stock as I do use some of the fire's capabilities from time to time. Sadly I did not do a backup before the update (kicks self furiously).

I DO have a backup from before the upgrade/downgrade so maybe I could restore that then push through the upgrade steps again or something. I'm worried that I will bork my safestrap or do something worse based on my proclivity for damage and chaos.

E.

NextDroid

Dec 25, 2013
Hey @ggow,

Thanks for your hard work. Could you possibly make an image for 13.3.2.4 (Thor)? It would be nice to have along with Nexus HDX 2.0.2.

Last edited:

Demonoid111

Jan 19, 2014
Looks like we're going to need it with the new bootloader bypass!

:)

Just to clarify because someone asked, users of the HDX Nexus ROM would need it to downgrade to a firmware that the unlock works on.

Last edited:

aquaphun

Jun 27, 2010
recreated the error with the Symlink. Crossposting from the TWRP Thor thread
Wiped system manually
The error log is:
Code:
Wiping system...
Symlinking...
symlink: some symlinks failed
[COLOR="Red"]E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/TWRP13.3.1.0.zip'[/COLOR]
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/TWRP13.3.1.0.zip'
Updating partition details

Interesting... Getting the same error when I try to flash the original HDX 13.3.2.3 firmware, after I renamed it from .bin to .zip

Last edited:

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi @ggow !

I made a flashable zip of the 4.5.2 update for Thor which is compatible with the signing exploit (bootloader/fw flashing removed and modified bootimage with happened dt) as there was some demand.
I'm not sure i should again create a thread for this rom(s) as we may be easily lost. Maybe all our "stock/modified stocks" roms should be in the same thread. What do you think about this ? Here is the link in case : http://android.mydedibox.fr/hdx/update-kindle-13.4.5.2_user_452004120-twrp.zip

Note that i only renamed "otacert.zip" to "otacert.old" on this rom as the "dcp" apk name has changed and i don't remember how i fixed that ... so ota updates may still be enabled isnt it ?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

recreated the error with the Symlink. Crossposting from the TWRP Thor thread
Wiped system manually
The error log is:
Code:
Wiping system...
Symlinking...
symlink: some symlinks failed
[COLOR="Red"]E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/TWRP13.3.1.0.zip'[/COLOR]
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/TWRP13.3.1.0.zip'
Updating partition details

Interesting... Getting the same error when I try to flash the original HDX 13.3.2.3 firmware, after I renamed it from .bin to .zip

I don't know if it's the problem but the appolo recovery is based on an older kernel (3.1.0?) which doesn't have full selinux support. This prevented some zip to be properly flashed (at least on thor) until i use the 4.5.2 kernel sources. Unfortunately we will have to wait for @ggow to receive his new device, in the hope of an exploitable one :) (but this may be a different problem)

Edit : oups, you are on thor so it's not the problem !

Reactions: bmccoy11

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Hi @ggow !

I made a flashable zip of the 4.5.2 update for Thor which is compatible with the signing exploit (bootloader/fw flashing removed and modified bootimage with happened dt) as there was some demand.
I'm not sure i should again create a thread for this rom(s) as we may be easily lost. Maybe all our "stock/modified stocks" roms should be in the same thread. What do you think about this ? Here is the link in case : http://android.mydedibox.fr/hdx/update-kindle-13.4.5.2_user_452004120-twrp.zip

Note that i only renamed "otacert.zip" to "otacert.old" on this rom as the "dcp" apk name has changed and i don't remember how i fixed that ... so ota updates may still be enabled isnt it ?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I don't know if it's the problem but the appolo recovery is based on an older kernel (3.1.0?) which doesn't have full selinux support. This prevented some zip to be properly flashed (at least on thor) until i use the 4.5.2 kernel sources. Unfortunately we will have to wait for @ggow to receive his new device, in the hope of an exploitable one :) (but this may be a different problem)

Edit : oups, you are on thor so it's not the problem !

Hi @Cpasjuste,

Yes that's fine, I'll put your 4.5.2 image up on the same thread - no point replicating things :)

On 4.5.2 I wasn't sure which services needed to be disabled to prevent OTA. I'll add a note for this file to warn people to be careful when using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INCORRECT USE OF THESE FILES WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    PLEASE ENSURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG

- Do NOT use these images to downgrade or upgrade your base firmware.

Thor Images:
    - 13.3.1.0 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.2
    - 13.3.2.6 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.5

- 13.4.5.2 <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

Apollo Images:
    - 14.3.1.0 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.2
    - 14.3.2.6 <- Flashable on Safestrap 3.7.5

- 14.3.2.8 <- Flashable on Safestrap v3.7.5
    - 14.4.5.2 <- Flashable on Safestrap v4.0.1

- Skip this if you are using the 4.5.2 files - As stated above this does not apply so be careful.
    @jimyv
    @Davey126

I have updated the OP with a Safestrap Flashable 14.3.2.8
    ggow, i flashed ss_update-kindle-13.4.5.2_user_452004120.zip and it seems it has the /system/etc/security/otacert.zip.orig file. Do you think this is intentional ?

When updating, its 100% then it says update failed and restarts again the download process.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Ok, definitely this was the issue.

Rooted, renamed to .zip, unrooted. Let it OTA and now successfully updated to 4.5.5.

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app
    Can you make a 13.3.2.1 Stock Image? Just incase if i loose my TWRP backup(s) I can restore.
    Seriously? You expect someone here to create and post a stock image to just cover your behind?

There are tons of links to 13.3.x.x images (<13.3.2.4) in the forums. If you trash your system you can start with one of those and roll up. Better idea is to copy your backups to another media and store them somewhere safe. Cloud is a better idea.
    Hey @ggow, would it be possible for you to release a rooted 14.3.2.6?

Hi _Alex_,
    Sorry about the long wait, I have posted a zip for 14.3.2.6. See OP.