No registration required

Galaxy S5 SM-G9008V Owners' Thread

OP Cocytan

20th October 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #41  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 34

115 posts
More
@Yooperjusty : there is a pretty good ROM cooked by Lidroid (he has several other ROMs on XDA but for some reason didn't publish this one).

I am using his ROM that runs on his own custom kernel and the battery life is quite much improved, also the installer is based on Aroma so you can pretty much decide which apps are installed and such. It is a semi "universal" ROM for S5 so you need to pay attention and select your model while flashing in Aroma, is pretty straightforward anyway.

If you want to give it a go just do a full nandroid backup in recovery and then flash this, if you don't like it then go and restore your backup.

Lidroid ROM for SM-G900F/G900L/G900I/G9006V/G9008V V1.2 - 1.7GB

RELEASE NOTES (Translated with Google...)
Quote:

ROM features:
2014-08-05, Lidroid ROM for SM-G900F / G900L / G900I / G9006V / G9008V V1.2 features:
Repair status bar transparency problem. ?
Brush choose whether to change the recent increase in the key task for the menu key options.
Repair holster under date of the Lunar problems. ?
[System]
**** Level of granularity to control the force Zhuo theme support, coupled with a strong management background theme, through the "themed" program can easily browse local and online topics, download, install, choose when to install themes theme section Custom Installation . (Due to changes in the larger S5, currently existing theme library many theme effects not perfect, post requires adaptation S5)
**** Allow for any custom application software DPI, where you can enjoy some applications more content to show in the large-screen phone, this feature through the "Extended Settings" -> "More" -> "Applications DPI settings."
**** Power menu choose Restart "to reboot the system," "reboot to recovery", "Restart to ODIN Brush mode."
**** Increase the power menu screenshot function.
**** Lock screen to increase the Lunar displayed.
**** Smart holster increase lunar display.

[Multitasking]
**** Samsung crack multitasking sidebar supports all programs installed.

[Status Bar]
**** Original research and respected force suffered Samsung user Zhuo pull-down switch, based on the number of switches adaptive layout, with more beautiful display of results. Users can choose the drop-down switch or power Zhuo Samsung official pull-down switch, of course, can not be displayed.
**** Upper left corner of the status bar to hide the HOME key to increase the top right corner to increase the hidden power button, through the "Extended Settings" switch.
**** The status bar to increase the speed display, the display format of "per second speed downlink / uplink speed per second", through the "Extended Settings" switch is enabled by default display.
**** Increase the status bar displays the week, through the "Extended Settings" switch is enabled by default.
**** Dropdown increase CPU usage display, through the "Extended Settings" switch is enabled by default.
**** Notification shall be revised to remove the left and right slide slide shield, while a long press to provide shielding the drop-down menu bar.
**** Dropdown notification list can be modified to decline in disposable clear all notifications.
**** The status bar notification by the "notice" Guardian Management, individually shielded notify each installation applications.
**** Increase in the drop-down bar date calendar display.
**** Dropdown increase a key clean-up memory function.

[Contact and Call]
**** Dialers modified to permanent memory, to avoid being killed processes of other applications, quickly and easily open the dialer and contacts program.
**** T9 dialpad Pinyin retrieval support.
**** Call records increase support force Zhuo attribution, attribution to support the display operators.
**** Increased support come and go electric attribution, attribution to support the operator display and special service.
**** Modify audio file naming convention, the file name format "contact name / phone -IN / OUT- Date - Time .amr".
**** Whether the search to the phone after the pop-up window prompts signals that can be modified through the "Extended Settings" -> "More" is set, no longer see the annoying SIM toolkit suggests.
**** Provide automatic IP dialing function, through the "Extended Settings" -> "attribution" switches and settings.

[Information]
**** Information on changes in procedures for the permanent memory, to avoid being killed in other applications process information quickly and easily open the program.
**** Information list increased to show ownership, attribution support operator display and special service.
**** Increase SMS backup and recovery features in the list can be saved to the sdcard through the right-click menu SMS, SMS in the settings before you restore a backup before.
**** Increased SMS scheduling, can regularly send text messages.
**** Bulk SMS Bulk SMS can be simultaneously adjusted to 1,000 people.
**** Ban text messaging is automatically converted to MMS.
**** Hourly only allowed to send 100 SMS messages amended to 1000.
**** Increase the split view switch settings.
**** Breakthrough limit the size of MMS and MMS icon size size.
**** Switch is set to add bright screen when you receive a text message.

[Other]
**** Under lock screen mode, press the HOME key to switch power Zhuo flashlights, through the "Extended Settings" switch.
**** The camera switches to increase the shutter sound, open select third gear icon penultimate TAB configured to switch after the camera shutter sound settings.
**** Browser increase exit the menu.
**** With powerful force Zhuo File Manager provides file classification management, support ftp, Network Neighborhood (samba), dlna, support zip / rar compressed files directly open operation (easy to extract the part of the file), provides root management.
**** Providing a streamlined system of a key application uninstall tool, this tool as a power plug Zhuo file, open the file to use force Zhuo.
**** Provide a key to the lock screen, you can quickly lock the screen, click on the upper left corner of the status bar can be quickly lock screen.

Last edited by bubbl3; 20th October 2014 at 07:16 AM.
20th October 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #42  
Flag Shanghai

115 posts
More
There is also IUNIOS in closed beta for the G9008V, hope it leaks -> http://en.iunios.com/index.html
21st October 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Awesome! I will try that rom! And, sorry to keep asking questions, but I have run into problems with the gapps. When I first install the .zip file and re-start , connect the vpn, Gmail and Google play work. However, once I go about the day, connect vpn again, start up Gmail or Google play, both show no connection. If I keep re-installing gapps, they will work on a first time basis and then no connection. Facebook works such too, and Google Chrome will open Gmail. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?
21st October 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #44  
Flag Shanghai

115 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperjusty

Awesome! I will try that rom! And, sorry to keep asking questions, but I have run into problems with the gapps. When I first install the .zip file and re-start , connect the vpn, Gmail and Google play work. However, once I go about the day, connect vpn again, start up Gmail or Google play, both show no connection. If I keep re-installing gapps, they will work on a first time basis and then no connection. Facebook works such too, and Google Chrome will open Gmail. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?

It looks more like a VPN issue than an app issue.
5th November 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #45  

7 posts
I have another question to you guys about our Asian variant. I'm quite saddened that none of the popular roms out there make a version for our g9008v. I have searched days, only finding a patched miui rom, which I'm confused what that means, and the one bubbl3 pointed out. So, is there really only literally 2 roms? Also, are any of you experienced in xposed framework, init'd scripts and build prop mods on our g9008v model?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
12th November 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #46  

8 posts
More
Unhappy 3G not working
good morning to all

I have G9008V and flashed succefully thn lindroid rom and everything is working fine, fine??

The only issue I have is with the 3G connectivity. I'm using this phone in Greece and the apn settings are fine but I cannot access internet.
Is there any compatibility issues with the hardware or I have to flash something different???
24th November 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #47  
Flag Shanghai

115 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhaz

good morning to all

I have G9008V and flashed succefully thn lindroid rom and everything is working fine, fine??

The only issue I have is with the 3G connectivity. I'm using this phone in Greece and the apn settings are fine but I cannot access internet.
Is there any compatibility issues with the hardware or I have to flash something different???

Yes, it is a TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE phone, you will never have 3G or 4G in you country.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread