Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][4.4.4][F2FS/EXT4] AutoDroid 1.2

OP michiil

19th November 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #811  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
unlocked and rooted successfully last night and installed this rom thismorning

got an OTA update to install 5.0 so have downloaded and then reset my nexus as prompted, but on restart it just takes me into twrp

if I restart it the update doenst install

how can I install the update in recovery?
20th November 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #812  
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
More
Guys,
To provide internet access, rather than using my phone as a wifi hotspot i am thinking of using a 4g wifi modem or usb dongle.
Would a usb dongle work by just connecting via usb in host mode?
What are your thoughts on usb dongle vs wifi modem?
22nd November 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #813  

16 posts
Hi,

I had USB-ROM installed but wanted to try out AutoDroid.. The instructions on the install isn't working for me. I have TWRP 2.8.1.0 installed and know how to convert to FSF2 via Advanced Wipe. If I follow the instructions exactly on the very first post under "How to convert to ALL-F2FS:" my N7 get stuck and don't boot past the Google logo ( I have tried on both grouper and tilapia).

I then found some post where they installed a F2FS version of SlimKat first - of which I installed the ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678142 This install of SlimKat with F2FS worked. I then wiped everything and then installed AutoDroid and AutoDroid worked (on both grouper and tilapia).

But then I found that OTG wasn't charging (on either grouper or tilapia). I have two cables and they both work on USB-ROM so I am pretty confident it isn't the cables. I looked at the kernel and it said that LegoKernel was installed on the AutoDroid ROM. I looked back at the SlimKat ROM and it was the same LegoKernel. I was suspecting that the LegoKernel that was installed didn't support OTG but couldn't find any posts to verify either way. In the first post it says AutoDroid ROM uses Kangaroo Kernel, and so I also didn't know why LegoKernel was installed when I had the AutoDroid ROM installed, but just suspected it was somehow leftover from the SlimKat ROM install. I couldn't find where to get the Kangaroo Kernel either to try to install that.

So then I went back to factory image to restart it all over again and tried AutoDroid again with F2FS using the instructions in the first post and the same thing - stuck at Google logo. I am now guessing that the Kangaroo Kernel that is in the AutoDroid ROM isn't F2FS compatible and that's why I'm getting stuck at the Google logo ?

So then, I wiped everything again and converted back to EXT4. I then installed AutoDroid with EXT4. Now it boots past the Google logo, so now I am pretty sure it is because Kangaroo Kernel doesn't like F2FS since it boots past the Google logo. But now it is stuck in boot loop at the SlimKat logo (on AutoDroid ROM). I've tried wiping dalvik and cache again and still stuck at logo for like 20 minutes.

I've been at this for like 3 days now and frustrated. Am I supposed to have Kangaroo Kernel? Am I supposed to be on F2FS?

Any suggestions? What am I missing here?
Yesterday, 12:24 AM   |  #814  
Thanks Meter: 14

107 posts
I can't help you with detailed steps, but I changed to F2FS first, then flashed autodroid (tilapia) and all is working (OTG charge/fast charge/firm sleep/etc.).
Yes the guide in first post didn't work for me too, but can't remember exactly what guide I followed..
Yesterday, 12:39 AM   |  #815  

16 posts
So I just did this:

1. Format, Wiped everything.
2. Kept partitions as ext4
3. installed Slimkat for tilapia - slim-tilapia-4.4.4.build.8.0-official-6949.zip (which my understanding is not a f2fs build).
4. booted it fine. i checked the kernel version there. (forgot to write it down)
5. recovery, wipe everything (didn't do a format).
6. installed autodroid and gapps.
7. boots up

BUT the kernel looks to be the same as the one on Slimkat (non-Autodroid). On my autodroid install it says 3.1.10-Slim-4.4.2-KK-beta.1.6+autobuild@slimbuild #1. So I'm still not see Kangaroo Kernel, or am I not supposed to?

Edit: so then I did this:
1. Convert to F2FS.
2. Flashed an older SlimKat 4.4 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678142 as maybe this had a different kernel. This flash worked under F2FS and had 3.1.10-Slim-4.4.2-KK-beta.1.6+ andrea@andrea-Aspire-V3-571G #91
3. I then wiped system, data, cache and flashed AutoDroid 1.2 using F2Fs.
4. Boots up ok and now I have the correct ROM but the same kernel as in #2 above. I noticed that it does say KK there. Does this mean Kangaroo Kernel?

Edit #2: Kernel isn't installing properly for sure.

I went back to factory stock KTU84P.
Left it on ext4.
Installed AutoDroid-1.2 on ext4.
Actually booted up fine, surprisingly.
Kernel shows factory stock kernel - 3.1.10-g1e42d16 android-build@vpbs1.mtv.corp.google.com #1 Thur Mar 13
Last edited by 1dirtypanda; Yesterday at 06:10 AM.
Yesterday, 04:48 PM   |  #816  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 12

90 posts
More
Hi all, I want to connect my N7 to my car's usb port and play music via Google Play Music, is that possible to do without flashing this ROM? I'm assuming that with this ROM it definitely works
Today, 10:54 AM   |  #817  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Storage
I am running Autodroid from past 3-4 week .It work fine .Sometime randomly any of my USB devices will not be recognized by tab. If restart the tab all devices get detected and works. This problem keeps on coming on then. As my tab final installation in car.
Is any update reverse cam app. Because wake-up time and video refresh rate is slow.
My setup is Nexus 7(Grouper)
Easy cap UTV-007
UCA222
8 Flash (USB Disk)
Power supply 5vdc 3.4A
Thank all for help out
Today, 03:35 PM   |  #818  
Flag Sherman
Thanks Meter: 11

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaya4207

Hi all, I want to connect my N7 to my car's usb port and play music via Google Play Music, is that possible to do without flashing this ROM? I'm assuming that with this ROM it definitely works

Negative. A car usb port is unlikely to work. Will probably work for an iPhone though. You need to connect the tablet another way, like Bluetooth, or using an rca to phono plug/headphones cord if your car has an Aux input of some sort.

As far as I have seen, the dev has upgraded, and doesn't use the n7 in his car anymore. Seems unlikely we'll see an update for this rom unless we can convince the dev with donations, or one of us learns to build roms. (looking for a teacher btw if anyone wants to help)
Last edited by unknownprotocols; Today at 03:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unknownprotocols For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 04:00 PM   |  #819  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownprotocols

Negative. A car usb port is unlikely to work. Will probably work for an iPhone though. You need to connect the tablet another way, like Bluetooth, or using an rca to phono plug/headphones cord if your car has an Aux input of some sort.

As far as I have seen, the dev has upgraded, and doesn't use the n7 in his car anymore. Seems unlikely we'll see an update for this rom unless we can convince the dev with donations, or one of us learns to build roms. (looking for a teacher btw if anyone wants to help)

to play from google music this is correct. But if you have the media just stored on the tablet, it depends on what the car is because their infotainment will be set up differently. In some brands, if you set your device to MTP, you can plug in the device, source to USB and can browse the folders as if it were a flash drive
Last edited by ryanjv; Today at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo'd google music for good music
Today, 04:12 PM   |  #820  
Flag Sherman
Thanks Meter: 11

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjv

to play from good music this is correct. But if you have the media just stored on the tablet, it depends on what the car is because their infotainment will be set up differently. In some brands, if you set your device to MTP, you can plug in the device, source to USB and can browse the folders as if it were a flash drive

True. I didn't really think about mtp capable cars. Most I have seen have been iPhone capable, but not mtp. I use Spotify and Google music all access, so the digital rights management makes mtp moot for me anyway.

What type of vehicle is it?

Is your music a subscription service like Spotify or Google all access? Or are you just using Google music to play files you downloaded elsewhere?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread