Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] unlocked att htc m8 cannot send/receive mms

OP www1177a

15th September 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 16

207 posts
I have Tmobile service also, does LTE work on the ATT M8 with tmobile sim?

Does it have all the bands to run without any problems?
15th September 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #12  
Flag Coral Springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 126

692 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parth6512

I have Tmobile service also, does LTE work on the ATT M8 with tmobile sim?

Does it have all the bands to run without any problems?

Yes, it gets LTE once you setup the APNs correctly!
16th October 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Hi I used ES file manager but I can't locate the folder u referenced I was at / but the only data folder is empty
16th October 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,291

7,536 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madentaiwn

Hi I used ES file manager but I can't locate the folder u referenced I was at / but the only data folder is empty

Are you rooted? Because you need to be to view or modify those files.

Also, in ES File Manager settings, you need to toggle "Root Explorer" to ON. Although, even with it OFF I believe you should still be able to view the files (just can't modify them). So I think your main problem is no root.
25th October 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Well, I finally fixed my problem with not being able to send or receive MMS.

I have a AT&T M8 that recently switched over to T-Mobile. I decided to root, s-off, and changed over the developer edition ROM. I was even able to get OTA update after it was done.

I am ecstatic and exhausted after the process but seeing that I was able to get ride of that annoy AT&T boot up music was all worth it.

Now my follow up question is this. I now have a rooted phone with S-off. Should I worry more about security in the future? I typically only download from the Play store but I believe that there are a lot of junk out there as well. Should I lock my bootloader since I won't be doing anything like this the future?

All feedbacks are appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to madentaiwn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Please check your inbox. Thanks.

Quote:

I have a AT&T M8 that recently switched over to T-Mobile. I decided to root, s-off, and changed over the developer edition ROM. I was even able to get OTA update after it was done.

I am ecstatic and exhausted after the process but seeing that I was able to get ride of that annoy AT&T boot up music was all worth it.

Now my follow up question is this. I now have a rooted phone with S-off. Should I worry more about security in the future? I typically only download from the Play store but I believe that there are a lot of junk out there as well. Should I lock my bootloader since I won't be doing anything like this the future?

19th November 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #17  

2 posts
Extremely Curious to know how you solved the problem!
Hi,

I have an unlocked ATT M8 as you do. I'm in canada trying to get the darn mms working on the rogers canada network. No luck. Ive pondered de branding my phone and loading a WWE version on the cell, but I dont entirely know what I'm doing with that. Would you mind providing some direction, even if pointing me to relevant online posts that you used to learn how to do it correctly?

Appreciate any support.

Cole

PS. CONGRATS on getting mms running!

Quote:

19th November 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor

7,536 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardstark

Hi,

I have an unlocked ATT M8 as you do. I'm in canada trying to get the darn mms working on the rogers canada network. No luck. Ive pondered de branding my phone and loading a WWE version on the cell, but I dont entirely know what I'm doing with that. Would you mind providing some direction, even if pointing me to relevant online posts that you used to learn how to do it correctly?

That person stated how they solved it. He flashed the Dev Ed ROM, which I believe natively supports both the AT&T and T-Mobile network. But this won't help you (Rogers).

Did you try the proper Rogers APN and still having MMS issues?
21st November 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #19  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

That person stated how they solved it. He flashed the Dev Ed ROM, which I believe natively supports both the AT&T and T-Mobile network. But this won't help you (Rogers).

Did you try the proper Rogers APN and still having MMS issues?

Thanks for the response. I have tried all the rogers apn settings, had a friend with an actual rogers m8 screen shot the settings with no success. Attempted adding mms specific apn settings as recommended by tier 2 rogers support. Again, no luck.

At this point I believe my only options are to try CM or see if there is a ruu toolkit that will work for rogers. To be honest, aside from one click root, im out of my depth.
24th November 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #20  
Recognized Contributor

7,536 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardstark

Thanks for the response. I have tried all the rogers apn settings, had a friend with an actual rogers m8 screen shot the settings with no success. Attempted adding mms specific apn settings as recommended by tier 2 rogers support. Again, no luck.

At this point I believe my only options are to try CM or see if there is a ruu toolkit that will work for rogers. To be honest, aside from one click root, im out of my depth.

I'd still keep trying with the APNs. Make sure with the carrier which APN is associated with your account, as there may be several. AT&T for instance has some 3 or 4 different APNs.

Rogers doesn't have any RUUs for this phone, as far as I am aware I don't see how CM will help, unless the ROM specifically supports Rogers and will have the proper Rogers APN pre-configured (or other things like build.prop). You may have better luck trying to find the stock Rogers ROM, or have another member here upload it for you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread