FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Android L Priview

23rd November 2014, 01:01 PM |#21  
LastStandingDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

Aha! Are you using an unmodified tree?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yes unmodified device tree

issue lies here;

PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=golfu BUILD_ID=KTU84Q BUILD_FINGERPRINT=htc_europe/htc_golfu/golfu:4.4.4/KTU84Q/87995:user/release-keys
PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="1.35.401.1 CL62541 release-keys"
Last edited by LastStandingDroid; 23rd November 2014 at 01:05 PM.
 
 
23rd November 2014, 01:30 PM |#22  
Quasar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

yes unmodified device tree

issue lies here;

PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=golfu BUILD_ID=KTU84Q BUILD_FINGERPRINT=htc_europe/htc_golfu/golfu:4.4.4/KTU84Q/87995:user/release-keys
PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="1.35.401.1 CL62541 release-keys"

No point even trying to build using an unmodified tree. You need to make a sh*tload of changes for L. If you are interested in getting L working for this device, PM me. I can guide you to the kind of changes required. I myself have absolutely no time after college. So I can't provide much support.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd November 2014, 01:31 PM |#23  
LastStandingDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,654
 
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

No point even trying to build using an unmodified tree. You need to make a sh*tload of changes for L. If you are interested in getting L working for this device, PM me. I can guide you to the kind of changes required. I myself have absolutely no time after college. So I can't provide much support.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sure you can go ahead and throw me a pm

well only thing that doesn't "build" is bluetooth so that is excluded
Last edited by LastStandingDroid; 23rd November 2014 at 01:37 PM.
23rd November 2014, 01:40 PM |#24  
Quasar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

sure you can go ahead and throw me a pm

well only thing that doesn't "build" is bluetooth so that is excluded

The build won't boot without the the changes. And even if, for some strange reason, it does, then most of the stuff will be broken.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd November 2014, 01:44 PM |#25  
LastStandingDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

The build won't boot without the the changes. And even if, for some strange reason, it does, then most of the stuff will be broken.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

well you can go ahead and throw me a pm
23rd November 2014, 01:50 PM |#26  
Quasar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

well you can go ahead and throw me a pm

Check your PMs. There's a horrifying list of commits waiting.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th November 2014, 04:23 PM |#27  
LastStandingDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

Check your PMs. There's a horrifying list of commits waiting.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

if you ask me there's not much to change, the changes you sent me was just removal of GPE edition

also it was told that you can use latest cm11 kernel/boot.img to bootup L
Last edited by LastStandingDroid; 24th November 2014 at 04:25 PM.
24th November 2014, 04:28 PM |#28  
Quasar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

if you ask me there's not much to change, the changes you sent me was just removal of GPE edition

also it was told that you can use latest cm11 kernel/boot.img to bootup L

For kernels, yup. Kernels are nearly universal barring a few changes. Also, the audio drivers have to be updated as far as I know.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th November 2014, 04:33 PM |#29  
LastStandingDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,654
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

For kernels, yup. Kernels are nearly universal barring a few changes. Also, the audio drivers have to be updated as far as I know.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

afaik i built audio drivers not sure if it'll work though also added awesomeplayer to build.prop
24th November 2014, 04:43 PM |#30  
Quasar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStandingDroid

afaik i built audio drivers not sure if it'll work though also added awesomeplayer to build.prop

Hmm.... Currently my friend has my device and my PC is out for another day or two. I can test and help out after that.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes