Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No sound from top speaker when receiving calls

OP nontryer

6th January 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 16

56 posts
More
The other day i noticed really weird problem/bug when receiving incoming call.
When proximity/light/whatever sensors are covered (i.e phone sitting on desk with screen facing the desk) while receiving call, i get no ringtone sound from top speaker, bottom one is working fine.

I tried to disable beats audio, unchecking "quiet ring on pickup" and "pocket mode" in sound settings, i disabled some apps which might cause such behavior like Viber etc.

Oh, and i did factory reset few days ago, so this should not be the problem. Maybe it was present before factory reset, but i didn't really noticed because i changed my ringtone and it's really really noticeable with it.

Otherwise, i don't have any problems with speakers besides this one.. when i watch youtube, play games or listen to music everything is working as it should.

I'm 100% stock, unrooted - for now, running latest OTA (3.62.401.1).

What could be the problem? Anyone else with same issue?
6th January 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka

56 posts
More
Anyone?
8th January 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag BrasoV
Thanks Meter: 211

1,753 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe your ringtone is mono, not stereo

Sent from HTC One 802w Dual Sim with my hand...
8th January 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka

56 posts
More
Nope, i tried multiple ringtones and same problem occurs.
29th January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka

56 posts
More
Ok, one last bump.. this "problem" occurs even with latest OTA update (4.4.2), can anyone test it and report if it's normal or not?
I tried CM 11 and OmniRom and there was no such problem..
24th November 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I confirm this issue on desire 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by nontryer

The other day i noticed really weird problem/bug when receiving incoming call.
When proximity/light/whatever sensors are covered (i.e phone sitting on desk with screen facing the desk) while receiving call, i get no ringtone sound from top speaker, bottom one is working fine.

I tried to disable beats audio, unchecking "quiet ring on pickup" and "pocket mode" in sound settings, i disabled some apps which might cause such behavior like Viber etc.

Oh, and i did factory reset few days ago, so this should not be the problem. Maybe it was present before factory reset, but i didn't really noticed because i changed my ringtone and it's really really noticeable with it.

Otherwise, i don't have any problems with speakers besides this one.. when i watch youtube, play games or listen to music everything is working as it should.

I'm 100% stock, unrooted - for now, running latest OTA (3.62.401.1).

What could be the problem? Anyone else with same issue?

I am facing the same issue on my recently purchased HTC desire 820. The only difference is that the top speaker never plays the rringtone during an incoming call. However i can get hear from both the speakers when i receive the call and start the speaker phone.

Did you find any workaround to this? I can hardly know if i am getting a call when i am outdoors because of this problem.
24th November 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirodkar8

I am facing the same issue on my recently purchased HTC desire 820. The only difference is that the top speaker never plays the rringtone during an incoming call. However i can get hear from both the speakers when i receive the call and start the speaker phone.

Did you find any workaround to this? I can hardly know if i am getting a call when i am outdoors because of this problem.

No, sadly i didn't solve this issue.. i have One M8 now and it also has this same problem, so i guess it's "broken" by design across all HTC phones with boomsound speakers.

Only thing that solved it for me was custom rom (AOSP based, i'm not sure about Sense based), so it's pretty clear that it's software feature, issue or whatever they call it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread