Google Music can't delete albums?

OP slyr114

16th January 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 59

385 posts
More
How do I go about deleting albums from my Google Play Music account using the mobile app? I can delete individual songs but not albums or artists. On the full website I can delete songs, albums, and artists but not on mobile, only songs. I thought Google updated the app a while ago to include the delete function but I seem to be completely missing it?
16th January 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I have the same issue. I have 6 albums with a few songs each that I can get rid of. I tried deleting the album and it shows back up after about 10 minutes. I tried deleting the songs and they show back up. They are not in the directory that I sync with.

When I try to play any of these songs I get "Couldn't play song. Skipped adead.
16th January 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 59

385 posts
More
That is not really my issue, my issue is that i do not even have the option in any of the over flow menus to delete albums or artists, only when i use the overflow button on the songs.
24th November 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyr114

That is not really my issue, my issue is that i do not even have the option in any of the over flow menus to delete albums or artists, only when i use the overflow button on the songs.

Just delete google play music app's cache, clear media storage app's data and finally restart the device.
First launch after this will give you an empty library, just wait a few minutes and you'll get everything reloaded again, but now without the deleted songs/albums.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread