Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][4.0+] Nova Launcher

OP kevin@TeslaCoil

Yesterday, 12:45 PM   |  #14621  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7

93 posts
Since 5.0 my gesture shortcut to open quick settings don't work. Only opens notification panel and forces me to swipe twice to get to the quick settings. The built in two-finger swipe works though.
Is this known/a bug/interesting/rubbish?
Yesterday, 05:38 PM   |  #14622  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 383

596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinken

Since 5.0 my gesture shortcut to open quick settings don't work. Only opens notification panel and forces me to swipe twice to get to the quick settings. The built in two-finger swipe works though.
Is this known/a bug/interesting/rubbish?

It's a Lollipop feature that you've to swipe down twice to access the quick settings...
Most probably Lollipop is overriding the Nova gesture you've assigned...
Interesting though.. Post in the Nova beta community so that Kevin notices this anomaly...

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesabitch

I have it set at 115%, if it's set to 100% it looks fine, like it should. 130%, the label isn't even there.

On my N5, I have it set to 130% and it's looks like it should, nothing cut off.

Higher resolution of the N9 throwing things out of whack?

Yup, that along with the odd aspect ratio seems to have compounded the problem...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hniu

Bug report: since upgrading to lollipop (Running Nova prime on Nexus 5) , my navigation and notification bars are showing in grey instead of black. In order to bring them back to black, I go to Look&Feel settings and toggle "Transparent notification" option on and back off. That cures the problem for a few hours, until the bars become grey again. Developers - please help!

Reinstall recommended....
Anyways a factory reset is always recommended after an OTA... I though know the inconveniences...

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassaaam

Hi, I have a request. Can you please somehow add a virtual navigation bar in Nova Launcher as an option in settings for non kitkat and lollipop devices. I know there are some navigation bar enabler applications in the play store but most of them are useless since they show navigation bar above the dock icons, which is frustrating. So if somehow you can add an option to add customisable navigation bar keys for "just" the homescreen and app drawer of Nova launcher that will be pretty cool and I'm sure that will give your app an edge over other launchers.

And in your recent beta roll out, you've tried imitating the look of lollipop, so until you introduce a Nav Bar for non kitkat devices, the look will still look fake. Please consider adding a toggle for a customisable Navigation Bar at the bottom. Thanks.

A navigation bar feature is too much to ask from any android launcher...
Today, 01:47 AM   |  #14623  
Flag Falls Church,VA
Thanks Meter: 105

332 posts
Donate to Me
Anyone trys to backup the preferences with the nova launcherlr's own backup feature? Both backup to the device and the external sdcard do not work. Both options cause the FC. Personally I don't really care, the launcher backup/restore is a feature that I live without. Since I do all my ballyhoo and restore with the TB. But it looks like K has put some effort into the feature, because I notice the menu is different than before. So I hope the issue will be addressed soon.BTW, my device is LG-E980 running CM11 nightly.
Last edited by hawkwind212; Today at 01:49 AM.
Today, 01:49 AM   |  #14624  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 87

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwind212

Has anyone tried the backup function inn the nova setting menu? Both backup to the device and the external sdcard do not work. Both options cause the FC. Personally I don't really care, the launcher backup/restore is a feature that I live without. Since I do all my ballyhoo and restore with the TB. But it looks like K has put some effort into the feature, because I notice the menu is different than before. So I hope the issue will be addressed soon.BTW, my device is LG-E980 running CM11 nightly.

I use it all the time. Never had a problem with it.
Today, 01:51 AM   |  #14625  
Flag Falls Church,VA
Thanks Meter: 105

332 posts
Donate to Me
Good for you, I must be the anomaly then.
Edit: After a few more trys, the backup feature is working. It take a little bit longer than I expected, but it's working fine.
Last edited by hawkwind212; Today at 01:56 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics, launcher, nova, nova launcher, nova-launcher
Previous Thread Next Thread