Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[FIX] Are You Stuck on a Boot Loop to Recovery and cant find a fix?

OP vegasdavek

17th January 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #11  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 37

107 posts
If you are on a T-mobile based rom, the way to 'freeze' the update is different than the others.

T-mobile roms use 'Google Services Framework' for the update, and obviously you can't freeze that app.

So, what you do is d/l a program called 'Autorun Manager'. Then inside that program, scroll down to 'Google Services Framework' and disable 1 receiver.

The one you want to disable is called 'com.google.gsf.update.SytemUpdateService$Receiver ' Just disable that (by unchecking it) and then reboot. You will not receive a notification to update ever again.

Also, go into the folder /cache and delete the FOTA d/l. You will need R/W permissions in the root directory to do this. So use whichever file manager you prefer for that.

The FOTA d/l is easy to spot, it's a 150mb approximately zip file with a bunch of chars and should be the only file in that directory. There are a few folders as well, but, ignore them and just delete the 1 file.
24th February 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

20 posts
More
I'm in the same situation - reverted back to stock rooted with twrp recovery and now boot back to recovery. I haven's used adb much, but do know how to open the cmd window in the adb directory on my computer and it appears I'm connected to my d800. However, when I run the adb devices command I see the device code and recovery listed. When I type the first line of the code in the first post, adb shell, I get ~ # ←[6n and can't type in any additional commands.

Am I missing a step - or just not understanding the process??

UPDATE - Nevermind - I just typed in the command dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota using TWRP's Terminal Command and the phone booted right up to Clean Rom.

Thanks vegasdavek for your repost on this fix!
Last edited by jkeats20; 24th February 2014 at 02:25 PM.
25th November 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #13  
Bombai
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasdavek

So like many, I took a stupid OTA on one of the roms (CleanROM) and got stuck in recovery boot loop...

original post of this thread in hopes of saving someone else a lot of time trying to find that extra line of code burried in the other thread.

Thanks, found this now, only after I already fixed my issue, but this is useful. Perhaps you should also update it to reflect it can be done with the Terminal in TWRP..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread