I have not ordered it yet though.
10th November 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xOnerOs

found this in amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-Google-Ne...sung+SP3496A8H

I have not ordered it yet though.

Yikes, 10 to 11% negative feedback month after month. Obviously not USA based either. And look at these comments:

"I ordered a NEW battery, and received a previously used battery in a box marked "new." The battery they sent was obviously used, as it had fingerprints and old tape on it. Very disappointing discovery - returned the item."

"Bad battery. Only charging 50%.not original."

"your "new" battery ha now been installed in my laptop for a bit over 2 weeks. first 2 weeks, i had 4+ hours of battery life with your new battery. no battery no longer charges. i have less then 10 minutes of battery life. was this a new battery that you sold me? what can we do? thx"

"Item was used and in poor condition not new as described."

"Seller shipped used battery as new."
23rd November 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 2

81 posts
has anyone had better luck finding a battery replacement?
23rd November 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #34  

10 posts
Quote:

Nope. The one sent to me from China on AliExpress was a used, dead pull... just like other people reporting.

I finally gave up and was able to swap the battery with one at work that we have wall-mounted and doesn't need battery. The only option left appears to be to send to Samsung, pay the bigger $, wait weeks, and have it completely wiped.
23rd November 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #35  
South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 11

152 posts
Quote:

The battery i bought off ebay (link is somewhere earlier in this thread) works like a charm. I installed it a few weeks ago and have had zero complaints except for how long shipping took. Its been through a handful of charge cycles and i must say I'm pleased with the product. If you can't find any other alternatives, I suggest taking alook. I actually posted this response on my resurrected nexus 10 running Lollipop lol
Yesterday, 07:47 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelearth

The battery i bought off ebay (link is somewhere earlier in this thread) works like a charm. I installed it a few weeks ago and have had zero complaints except for how long shipping took. Its been through a handful of charge cycles and i must say I'm pleased with the product. If you can't find any other alternatives, I suggest taking alook. I actually posted this response on my resurrected nexus 10 running Lollipop lol

Looks like that vendor has sold out now, and you got lucky. I ordered one from aliexpress that was pretty much DOA. It had power when I received it, but after it charged down, it refuses to take a charge now, going immediately to 100% charged and then dies when you unplug it.

Based on your experience, I did an ebay search for the part number SP3496A8H and ordered 2 from the vendor 2010daydream for $51.70 including shipping. Wish me luck!

Item link (add www dot ebay dot com to the front)

/itm/201221845839
Today, 02:30 AM   |  #37  

10 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi

I finally gave up and was able to swap the battery with one at work that we have wall-mounted and doesn't need battery. The only option left appears to be to send to Samsung, pay the bigger $, wait weeks, and have it completely wiped.

Well, looks like I jumped out of one problem and into another. Although the battery is working great, it is now ALWAYS at 100%. It appears to be permanently stuck at 100%. Even after the Lollipop upgrade, same thing. I have left it off the charger now for days without charging and it still shows 100% and when I look at stats it says "Battery usage data is isn't available". Still hasn't run out of power yet.

When I Google search that phrase, NOTHING comes up! I widened the search and still could find nothing. I installed GSam battery monitor and it shows the same thing. What is going on? Did I somehow install the battery wrong or it has a bad contact for some sensor? Is the calibration hosed somehow?

I suppose the plan is now to just to keep it off the charger until it finally dies and see if that snaps the monitoring back to working again? Has anyone else experienced this when swapping a battery????

I had one reply on another forum that someone else experienced the same thing and has just been using it this way for 11 months

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread