[ROM] [5.1.1] [29/05/2015] - OmniRom 5.1 HOMEMADE

Search This thread

cubflyer

Dec 18, 2013
Hi,

i try @Chainfire SuperSU 2.16 and 2.27 , no trouble to flash and use on our I9100 running 5.0 .

Granted :), even for now this say nothing.

And for dualbooters, its easy now to switch on our kitkat 2nd rom and make some test son OMNI 5.0 1rst rom, just swap kernel with dorimanx and retrieve your dualbooted 2nd rom and make your change in 1rst rom prtition mounted ;).
(never forget you will not boot on Lollipop on 1rst rom with dori kernel anymore for now) .

thanks.

old CWMmanager.apk can be use in /data/app/ and then we can have 'reboot recovery' options ;) too.

So first I swap kitkat to second rom and then I install OMNI 5.0 on first rom and then flash dori again, right? Which Dori Version do you use?
Thanks.

jeffreyvh

Jan 18, 2013
I gues he used v10 just look at the download page and download an kitkat compatible one ;)

If u can not figure it out reply then we will help you!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

cubflyer

Dec 18, 2013
I gues he used v10 just look at the download page and download an kitkat compatible one ;)

If u can not figure it out reply then we will help you!

Thanks!
But is the order by doing it right? I want to avoid getting a broken recovery and have to flash a .tar kernel via odin.

jeffreyvh

Jan 18, 2013
You cant get broken if you are using the latest build of omnirom 5.0 and with an kitkat compatable dori kernel!

Okay I will teach you...

1. Download the latest build of omnirom5.0
2.download a kitkat compatable dori and an kitkat rom with gapps if you want them
3. Place all zip files on your internal sdcard
4. Boot in recovery and flash that dori kernel
5. Go in recovery to Advanced> reboot recovery
6. Now you will see the new recovery, now install the omnirom
7. Now go in recovery to dual boot options and select wipe 2nd rom data/cache
8 Now go in recovery to dual boot options and select wipe 2nd rom dalvik cache
9. Install the kitkat rom and gapps from dualboot options> install 2nd rom from internal sdcard
Reboot system for enjoying lollipop
10. If you want kitkat just swap first and second rom in dual boot options

I hope I informed you good now...
Let us know it :)

Phenomzye

Jan 17, 2013
Santiago
osu.ppy.sh

You haven't followed the 5.0 project from its beginning, right? look at the huge difference between i9100G and i9100, our problem is called EXYNOS PROCESSOR and they also have not-working stuff, take a read maybe? Camera was working on our first booting ROM and they still don't have it. What has been done until now has been amazing, just keep waiting, god

suresh86

Apr 6, 2012
Toronto
Didnt boot

Hello guys, great work over here, but i flashed the latest build with CWM (Kitkat) version, wiped cache, dalvik, factory reset, but it got stuck in boot logo, anything i missed? Later i flashed with TWRP too, didnt boot too. My phone model is I9100T(though thats not the problem). BTW i am on stock JB.

Reactions: hasifbbk

tietto12719

Sep 30, 2013
You haven't followed the 5.0 project from its beginning, right? look at the huge difference between i9100G and i9100, our problem is called EXYNOS PROCESSOR and they also have not-working stuff, take a read maybe? Camera was working on our first booting ROM and they still don't have it. What has been done until now has been amazing, just keep waiting, god

Sorry i didn't know that the i9100g haven't the exynos processor... Sorry

If our work aint enough for you, you can still do it YOURSELF.

No no no no i don't say that. I love your work i follow the tread every day.
Thanks for all guys please sorry

Reactions: marjune23

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Gapps still doesn't work since the system partition is still small. We will have to wait for a micro or nano package to come out. Dorimanx StanTRC recovery install took a while to install. Rom doesn't work under secondary ROM. Using Dorimanx Kernel 10.44 v005

Last edited:

Troubadour666

Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661
Last edited:

CrazyKarl12

Nov 3, 2013
Hi @gsstudios

for test i have add these GAPPS gapps-lp-20141117-minimal-edition-gps738-480dpi-signed.zip in OMNI 5.0 rom ZIP (25/11)

i upload fast here, if you want try.
thanks

GAPPS-omni-5.0-20141125-i9100-HOMEMADE.zip - 203.00 MB

EDIT :
or try another test with these GAPPS i pushed too : gapps-L-minimal-signed-11-23-14.zip

GAPPS2-omni-5.0-20141125-i9100-HOMEMADE.zip - 238.08 MB
Mate can you replace aosp messaging with google messenger? And also change the aosp launcher to google now launcher. Thanks paymad :)

Troubadour666

Aug 3, 2012
43.7031 - 7.2661

WildfireDEV

May 1, 2013
WiFi is now fixed. I will upload the build if I have time.
All credit goes to @asimov

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416994204370.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416994204370.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 11,085

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OmniRom 5.1.1 Homemade​

Not working
    • Charging animation off boot device
    • Videos playback
    • Some others...

Github device
    Drive
    Mega

Instructions :
    First install :
    • Wipe cache, dalvik, system, data
    • Flash omni-5.1.1-XXXXXXXX-HOMEMADE.zip
    • Flash gapps (optional)
    • Wipe cache, dalvik
    • Reboot device

Update :
    • Flash omni-5.1.1-XXXXXXXX-HOMEMADE.zip
    • Wipe cache, dalvik
    • Reboot device

Credits to OmniRom team.​

[ROM] [5.1.1] [29/05/2015] - OmniRom 5.1.1 HOMEMADE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    asimovi, OmniRom Team
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [5.1.1] [26/04/2015] - OmniRom 5.1 HOMEMADE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    asimovi, herna, OmniRom Team
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-11-21
    Last Updated 2015-05-29
    ok guy some good news now
    have fixed
    graphic glitch
    mobile data now show the icon on signal
    home boutton
    mount sdcard
    gps
    root
    some other issue

ok just some times and i wil upload the new build
    sorry for my bad english lol
    Shame on you

sorry i have a problem on my laptop lost all mi files

You still have the guts to show up here? How dare you trick hundreds of users, steal the work of others without giving credit to them, and do false promises? Do you think development and open source means out of respect? Shame on you buggaty, and for anyone who doesn't know what is going on, buggaty didn't fix the internal SD card, nor did he fix the home button. He just stole the works of others without giving these people the right credit. For of all, buggaty didn't mention that he was using asimovi's build of 26th of November, making us think he compiled his build from source. I have attached screenshots from my laptop showing the build properties (using the build.prop) which explicitly shows that he is just using asimovi's ROM without stating that. Second, how the hell do you have the courage to say you fixed the internal storage? What are you? An animal with no brain or mind? The fix for internal SD card is courtesy of XDA Junior Member @joonasilva who posted the fix in the Q&A Thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57132805&postcount=22, and buggaty didn't mention that he used this fix, making us think that he was the ultimate developer who fixes everything. Third, the partial fix of the home button is also thanks to XDA Junior Member @Flayer151 who posted the fix here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57119614&postcount=17, and again, did buggaty give these guys credit? NO. Why did you do that? To tell everyone that you are genius and super smart? To get "thanks" and become popular? To show the desperate i9100 users that you are their only hope, instead of showing them that thousands of users out there are working to support this device and encourage them to do the same? Shame on you buggaty, these users have the right to know the truth of what you did, I hope you learn from this to not steal the work of others, and to teach users to respect others instead of behaving like you. You are not an enemy to anyone now, instead, everyone here respects you just like they respect each other as well. You did good in testing the fixes and pushing them into /system/bin and /system/usr/keylayouts in the ROM.zip, but taking credit for fixes you haven't done and making it look like your original work is low and dirty, and telling everyone again that you have "fixed graphical glitches and mobile data" without providing source or patches, that is even more low... If you're doing it for the thanks, I can flood you with useless thanks, but why would I thank you if you haven't done anything good to anyone? Never do this again, if you want to share the work of others, give them credit, look at @Troubadour666 for example, he posts ROM.zip which include Gapps and other .apks, but at least he mentions it, he gives credit to the right people, and he has helped thousands because of that, that's why he is a Recognized Contributor and he lives up to it everyday, and every "thanks" he got was earned not given like that, so learn some respect.
    @asimovi, sorry for bashing your thread just like that, sir, je suis tres desole, mais je tiens également à vous remercier pour votre travail incroyable, monsieur! Il n'y a pas le code source pour le correctif de stockage interne, but the only fix for the internal SD card was posted by @joonasilva as I mentioned earlier here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57132805&postcount=22, so I suggest to ask him for any sources instead. Merci encore pour votre travail vraiment merveilleux, Dieu vous bénisse. Have a nice day/night everyone, I hope we all learnt a lesson we can make use of, and thanks for everyone who contributed in making this ROM better. Stay safe bros!
    WiFi is now fixed. I will upload the build if I have time.
    All credit goes to @asimov
    ok now i have fixed sdcard internal and external
    fixed home boutton
    i wil upload the build