Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][4.3+] AcDisplay | v2.4.7 | 25.08.2014

OP AChep

24th November 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #1801  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I've installed it on my OPO, I absolutely love the app, so congratulations to the developer are in order, keep up with the good work in the upcoming updates.

I have a question, I'm currently using only the active mode, to be honest, I'm afraid to turn on the lockscreen also on because I'm thinking that my battery will take a hit with it on, so I'm interested if anyone is using these two functions together and their thoughts on the overall battery life.

It's a shame that AMOLED screens have an advantage over ours.
Last edited by nemacx; 24th November 2014 at 08:05 PM.
24th November 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #1802  
Thanks Meter: 17

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemacx

I've installed it on my OPO, I absolutely love the app, so congratulations to the developer are in order, keep up with the good work in the upcoming updates.

I have a question, I'm currently using only the active mode, to be honest, I'm afraid to turn on the lockscreen also on because I'm thinking that my battery will take a hit with it on, so I'm interested if anyone is using these two functions together and their thoughts on the overall battery life.

It's a shame that AMOLED screens have an advantage over ours.

No hit on my g2 or s3 before that, or noticible one anyway. Try it and see what difference you get

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
24th November 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #1803  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming3r

No hit on my g2 or s3 before that, or noticible one anyway. Try it and see what difference you get

Thank you, will do. How's the active display working with the lockscreen mode, does it fail to wake up from time to time?
25th November 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #1804  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 66

95 posts
More
EDIT: You may ignore this post asI found out that AcDisplay is only related with this behaviour but is still happening in my phone, less frequent since uninstalled AcDisplay.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Hello AChep. Congratulations for this amazingly beautiful and useful (a hard combo to achieve in Android) app.

I just emailed you something I would say is a bug in AcDisplay. Every time AcDisplay is set as a lockscreen and I receive a notification it is somehow setting cpu scaling minimum value to the highest value possible. This, as you can imagine, results in a huge battery drain as it's similar to use a performance governor 24 hrs a day since android goes to lockscreen. I don't know how to help more with this problem. My phone is a Huawei Y530, Android 4.3. I could find the source of the problem checking constantly the values in cpu frequencies with cat command. I don't know how to automate this or what kind of log could be useful here. Since I uninstalled AcDisplay the problem is gone, I could reinstall it and help to fix the issue if you want me to.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
EDIT: You may ignore this post asI found out that AcDisplay is only related with this behaviour but is still happening in my phone, less frequent since uninstalled AcDisplay.
Last edited by CENTSOARER; 25th November 2014 at 08:55 PM.
25th November 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #1805  
Thanks Meter: 17

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemacx

Thank you, will do. How's the active display working with the lockscreen mode, does it fail to wake up from time to time?

It works well and is reliable when picking up from it being face down on a table or out of pocket.

Compare this to ambient display in l, and I could not stand using lollipop as it didn't have proximity sensor detection and would turn on whenever it wanted.

Yesterday, 11:03 AM   |  #1806  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 189

1,351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlam

Just updated to 5.0. This is probably a setting or issue in Lollipop but I can't seem to figure it out so thought I'd ask here.

The notifications in the AcDisplay lockscreen seem to not be grouping notifications. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

Yes, needs work on 5.0. In addition to the issue you stated, unlocking the AcDisplay Lockscreen brings you to the system lockscreen rather than bringing you to your homescreen.

If it can be straighten out, I'm pretty sure I would prefer acdisplay's Lockscreen to the new 5.0 lockscreen with notifications. Its way to busy for me.
Yesterday, 01:02 PM   |  #1807  
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
Did you disable the system lockscreen?
Yesterday, 01:05 PM   |  #1808  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming3r

It works well and is reliable when picking up from it being face down on a table or out of pocket.

Compare this to ambient display in l, and I could not stand using lollipop as it didn't have proximity sensor detection and would turn on whenever it wanted.

Well this is completely true, the app uses little to none of the overall battery life, even with the lockscreen and active mode on. Overjoyed!
Yesterday, 01:42 PM   |  #1809  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 189

1,351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlam

Did you disable the system lockscreen?

Actually no, I hadn't. Because on kitkat I had it set on swipe and it didn't affect anything. So on your suggestion I just turned it off. That does in fact make it work correctly, thanks.

Thst said, I also tried pin. Unlike kitkit when you set pin it now takes you first to acdisplay, then swipe to a clock, then swipe to the pin entry, then to start screen. With kitkat it didn't first take you to the clock after the AcDisplay lockscreen, but rather straight to pin entry.

I only use a pin when traveling so it isn't too big a deal but would be good if you could, like with kitkat, go straight from the AcDisplay lockscreen to pin entry.
Yesterday, 02:27 PM   |  #1810  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Nice and useful!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acdisplay, achep, active display, android, artem chepurnoy, notifications, open source
Previous Thread Next Thread