Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][FIRMWARE][RECOVERY][STOCK] Sense 5, Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.4

OP Captain_Throwback

9th November 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #1821  
Thanks Meter: 134

189 posts
The new recovery is fantastic! I waited to flash it because I wanted to see if others had issues. I once flashed a version of twrp that wouldn't restore my backups, so I've been slow to flash ever since.

I have no idea how you do what you do, but I'm very appreciative!
The Following User Says Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #1822  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
Thanks for the updates Capt
The Following User Says Thank You to Wildclip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1823  
Flag SRQ, FL
Thanks Meter: 14

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Any additional feedback?

From anyone?

Without feedback, there's no reason for me to keep updating this. I assume since the latest versions all work well enough, I should just leave it at that.

I'll upload my last version with the exFAT module and working f2fs and let it die there, I think. It's been a good run.

P.S. I also added NTFS support.

I just installed this today. Thanks for keeping this phone going for us. I'm hoping this solves some stability issues I've been having. It's not unusual for me to get reboots and/or a loss of wifi password. Fingers crossed, and I'll report back. Thanks again.
15th November 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #1824  
OP Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 10,677

11,800 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itek

I just installed this today. Thanks for keeping this phone going for us. I'm hoping this solves some stability issues I've been having. It's not unusual for me to get reboots and/or a loss of wifi password. Fingers crossed, and I'll report back. Thanks again.

I'm not sure what those issues have to do with recovery?
15th November 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1825  
Flag SRQ, FL
Thanks Meter: 14

58 posts
More
Wink
Quote:

Me neither, but the theming looks nice.
<edit>
Not surprisingly, the issue remains. Maybe (probably?) my ROM. I'm not sure tbh. It's been an issue since I switched to the new partition. But the theme and Aroma FM are nice. As always, danke.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote:

btw, it must be awesome always talking to people who think they know wtf they are talking about
Last edited by itek; 15th November 2014 at 06:36 PM.
20th November 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #1826  
Flag Western, WA
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Quote:

Don't know if anyone's still even using this device, but I updated to the latest TWRP (2.8.1.0).
This version has some major changes in it on the device side, but in the end, it should actually be more stable (theoretically):
- Removed exfat-fuse support and now use texfat module from stock ROM for exFAT support
- Added new splash screen thanks @PŁnchUp for his work! This goes well with @z31s1g's Materialised theme!
Yeah, I know, that's just one change, but believe me, it's a big deal, lol. I was considering trying to add f2fs support, but there's no need for that on this now legacy device.
So, please try this build out and let me know if there any issues. This was a bit of patchwork to get it to support the stock module, but it seems to work (though I haven't really done anything with it myself).
TWRP_Recovery_2.8.1.0_Jewel_NPL_CPTB.img
It's an image file, so standard "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Recovery_2.8.1.0_Jewel_NPL_CPTB.img" will handle it .

Flashed and seems to be running without any noticeable issues and I agree that the new splash goes well with the themes
The Following User Says Thank You to RP-88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1827  
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
Quote:

Don't know if anyone's still even using this device, but I updated to the latest TWRP (2.8.1.0).

This version has some major changes in it on the device side, but in the end, it should actually be more stable (theoretically):
- Removed exfat-fuse support and now use texfat module from stock ROM for exFAT support
- Added new splash screen thanks @PŁnchUp for his work! This goes well with @z31s1g's Materialised theme!

Yeah, I know, that's just one change, but believe me, it's a big deal, lol. I was considering trying to add f2fs support, but there's no need for that on this now legacy device.

So, please try this build out and let me know if there any issues. This was a bit of patchwork to get it to support the stock module, but it seems to work (though I haven't really done anything with it myself).

TWRP_Recovery_2.8.1.0_Jewel_NPL_CPTB.img

It's an image file, so standard "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Recovery_2.8.1.0_Jewel_NPL_CPTB.img" will handle it .

Count me in on the "still rocking this phone" crowd. The recovery flashed with no problems.
Yesterday, 02:42 PM   |  #1828  
Thanks Meter: 9

90 posts
I've been following this thread for a long time, and finally did the 4.13.651.4 update. Thanks to Captain_Throwback for the hard work. The recovery works fine and the ROM is working great!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread