Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to unlock Samsung S5 scl23 au? help me!

OP mr khanh

19th June 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
19th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I bought a blacklisted phone, now what??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr khanh

Me too XDA members.

I purchased my S5 from a man through a craigslist ad. He stated the phone was on the AT&T network, while I am on TMobile.
I knew I would need to have the phone unlocked and he assured me that my carrier could assist me. He went on to remind me of the commercials you hear about on the radio... "Bring your cell phone over to our network and we'll switch you for free". I had, in fact, heard these very commercials and made the purchase of $300.

NOT TRUE!!

TMobile informed me that the phone had been reported as stolen when I called them as I was leaving this buy.

What can I do??

I have researched some online solutions for this and there are several sites which claim to do a carrier unlock on the phone (isn't this for phones NOT on a blacklist though?)
There are other sites which offer IMEI repair. Is it possible to Root a phone, change the IMEI number to another number which is not blacklisted?

Any suggestions..? I would prefer a solution that I can navigate myself, a newbie in all regards to mobile software. If the solution requires a seasoned mobile techy-type, who would y'all recommend I enlist for the job?

Thanks so much,

Christy Lynn
26th November 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
what is the problem..........??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread