List of (KK) AOSP/Mako Based ROMs and Kernels for Gee (Updated 04-06-2014)

Search This thread

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Mito for vanir/commotio I do actually take feature requests from other developers, people that have supported us for a while, contributors, and donators. I got tired of people feeling like they deserve my time and treating me like it, then by the time I finished the request I would see them posting about another ROM. Everyone like this can DIAF lol

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Mito for vanir/commotio I do actually take feature requests from other developers, people that have supported us for a while, contributors, and donators. I got tired of people feeling like they deserve my time and treating me like it, then by the time I finished the request I would see them posting about another ROM. Everyone like this can DIAF lol

I understand that mate. Anyways for VANIR/COMMOTIO ROMs, I really love the way they are optimized for gee. Especially now, very very smooth and the features got more and more better. The request I made already have a solution as XUtilities Module for Xposed Framework did the job. So I am 101% a-okay with VANIR and COMMOTIO on my 2 LGOG's! :good::laugh::D

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Liquid is one of the most updated ROMS that I know :eek:

If you see the OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL builds, they are updated once in a while. Which is good. But most ROMs I use are updated Nightly (like VANIR and COMMOTIO), Weekly or when a new update is available (MAHDI, DU and CM11_REMIX). LS got stuck on an old build last time, but got updated on 0330.

k5t4j5

Nov 23, 2013
F£O®¦D@
If you see the OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL builds, they are updated once in a while. Which is good. But most ROMs I use are updated Nightly (like VANIR and COMMOTIO), Weekly or when a new update is available (MAHDI, DU and CM11_REMIX). LS got stuck on an old build last time, but got updated on 0330.

A lot of roms aren't updated with nightlies because there isn't much changed. Most dev's and teams will release, then wait and gather all the new features, bug fixes, ect and then release again. Some like Dirty Unicorns, will release test builds between official builds for obviously testing. Reason I bring this up is because many people look at CyanogenMod for example, with a steady nightly, and wonder why every rom isn't like that. If you read the changelog you'll see on many occasions, nothing really changed. Tiny tweaks, exc that didn't necessarily call for an update, they are a big team though with plenty time to do so. Just a little insight for any who wonder why your favorite rom is a week old, some of us like to release everything at once which creates less work, and less room for error.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
A lot of roms aren't updated with nightlies because there isn't much changed. Most dev's and teams will release, then wait and gather all the new features, bug fixes, ect and then release again. Some like Dirty Unicorns, will release test builds between official builds for obviously testing. Reason I bring this up is because many people look at CyanogenMod for example, with a steady nightly, and wonder why every rom isn't like that. If you read the changelog you'll see on many occasions, nothing really changed. Tiny tweaks, exc that didn't necessarily call for an update, they are a big team though with plenty time to do so. Just a little insight for any who wonder why your favorite rom is a week old, some of us like to release everything at once which creates less work, and less room for error.

Thanks for the info man! I do understand that is how it works. As I, being a Symbian dev before, do release updates on a semi-monthly basis.

SpaceMonkeyK9

Aug 10, 2014
Link to MoD kernels please

The links to mod kernels(Glitchmod, Miragemod)are not working. Can someone give me a working link ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! First, give credits to the devs, porters(is it the right term?) and contributors. I just feel the need to make a thread of AOSP/Mako KitKat ROMs that I have tested and used/currently using ROMs that are really smooth, 98 - 100% stable, snappy and feature rich.

Gee builds are both flashable on geerhc(E975) and geespr units.

[ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] DIRTY UNICORNS - GEE {V6.0} _4/04/14 :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682757

Good stuff: Feature Packed, Very Great Smoothness, Well Supported by Dev.

Not so good stuff: Well it all depends on your preference!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] MAHDI-ROM 4.4.2 for LG Optimus G:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616501

Good stuff: Feature Packed, Great Smoothness, Well supported and updated!

Not so good stuff: Well it will depend on your preference.

ON THE GO MODE ADDED!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OFFICIAL]VANIR & COMMOTIO for GEE [LINARO][O3][GCC-4.8]:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2601475

Good stuff: Feature Packed, Very Great Smoothness, Very Well Supported, Daily Updates,

Not so good stuff: Of course will depend on your preference and the fact that the devs don't accept feature suggestions. :)

ON THE GO MODE ADDED!

[ROM] [4.4.2] CM11-REMIX [gee] [ver_2.8.7][2nd Apr 2014]:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660997

Good stuff: Feature Packed, Great Smoothness, Well Supported by Dev.

Not so good stuff: Preference again. And no Version Info on app installation (Version Info is useful when updating an app manually through file managers).

[ROM][OFFICIAL]Dokdo Project 4.4.2 for GEE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648838

Good stuff: Feature Packed, Great Smoothness

Not so good stuff: I say it is not well updated, but it is well maintained.

[ROM][Gee-International&Sprint][OMNIROM][4.4.2][Last updated: 04-04-14]:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2619491

Good stuff: Got unique features. Great Smoothness. Well Supported.

Not so good stuff: Not so many features like on other ROMs I used.

[ROM] UNOFFICIAL 4.4.x Liquid Smooth v3.0 [LS970] & [GEE] 3/30/2014 :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2373267

Good Stuff: As the name says, it's liquid smooth.

Not so good stuff: Depends on your preference.

[ROM][OFFICIAL] AnimeROM 4.4.2 for GEE/B :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699069

Check it out. New ROM for gee.

[4.4.2]Lego Rom for GEE 3/22/14 :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2697157

Another ROM for gee.

All of these ROMs are tested by me. And so far all works well. Well, depending on your preference that is.

Also, my modded kernels support my ROMs and slim, which isn't by me.

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk
    If you plan to update this soon, wait on Dirty Unicorns, 7.1 is coming in a day or two :cool:

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app