Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

OP CarbonDev

17th November 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #241  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 40
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I have a lot of adjustments in the ROM; including your OC'd kernel. On the weekend, I'll do a backup and run a clean flash and test if it still happens, and let you know.

Did the flash, and tried a few calls to voicemail, and was NOT able to repeat the issue. Sorry, must be some app or mod I made to the ROM.

I was actually previously 1 build behind the latest, so in the end, after restoring my previous state, I did another dirty flash. and just did a quick test, and I was able to hang up with my headphones on. Its possible that a call recorder app I had installed (which defaulted to recording every cal) may of been related / a cause. I tripped over the dest directory and then realized it had been automatically recording every call. I have now also turned that off. Sorry for any trouble, from now, I'll wait until I can duplicate any issue on a clean flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #242  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645
 
11,402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Did the flash, and tried a few calls to voicemail, and was NOT able to repeat the issue. Sorry, must be some app or mod I made to the ROM.

I was actually previously 1 build behind the latest, so in the end, after restoring my previous state, I did another dirty flash. and just did a quick test, and I was able to hang up with my headphones on. Its possible that a call recorder app I had installed (which defaulted to recording every cal) may of been related / a cause. I tripped over the dest directory and then realized it had been automatically recording every call. I have now also turned that off. Sorry for any trouble, from now, I'll wait until I can duplicate any issue on a clean flash.

Call recording got merged into Carbon a while ago I thought?

Like native call recording...
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #243  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 40
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Call recording got merged into Carbon a while ago I thought?

Like native call recording...

Maybe, but these recorded calls were specifically within this 3rd party app.
17th November 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #244  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645
 
11,402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Maybe, but these recorded calls were specifically within this 3rd party app.

I'm just letting you know there's no need to install a third party app (especially if it's causing issues!)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #245  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
wifi tethering is not working as well... :/
19th November 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #246  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645
 
11,402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baiggee2

wifi tethering is not working as well... :/

Works great here.

Have you done a full wipe? Which nightly are you on? Have you tried other nightlies? What happens? Any logs?!?

You need to give me more to work with if you expect help.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #247  
Senior Member
Flag sialkot
Thanks Meter: 67
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
anyhope for lollipop being made on jbbl devices ? @arrrghhh
20th November 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #248  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645
 
11,402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_man

anyhope for lollipop being made on jbbl devices ? @arrrghhh

Hopefully. We'll see.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #249  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
yeah thanx for guiding, the latest nightly resolves the issue
26th November 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #250  
Dr. Mario's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Ah, yesss... Stock Kit Kat was choke full of bugs, glad I jumped the ship. WiFi problem is from the bootloader itself as the problems are the same on both stock and custom OS. Now... Let's see how it turns out.
Last edited by Dr. Mario; 26th November 2014 at 09:18 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes