OP hisham2630

12th July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #21  
Flag Youngstown, OH.
Thanks Meter: 30

295 posts
Donate to Me
More
issues with vroot
I dont think vroot is working but its hard to tell what part of the process isnt working. I followed the directions perfectly. But when i do the vroot part my phone doesn't reboot at all, I figured it said 2 more or less so i just went ahead with it. But then i get some issue with it not being able to disable knox. Tried again and it just seems to freeze up at the vroot part again. I have my phone on debugging. I plug it in allow debugging, and press root. it starts. I get the request to install the app which i allow, and nothing happens. I also installed the drivers. Just flash the nc5 tar file. not sure what is wrong.
12th July 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #22  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,524

3,498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumfromohio

I dont think vroot is working but its hard to tell what part of the process isnt working. I followed the directions perfectly. But when i do the vroot part my phone doesn't reboot at all, I figured it said 2 more or less so i just went ahead with it. But then i get some issue with it not being able to disable knox. Tried again and it just seems to freeze up at the vroot part again. I have my phone on debugging. I plug it in allow debugging, and press root. it starts. I get the request to install the app which i allow, and nothing happens. I also installed the drivers. Just flash the nc5 tar file. not sure what is wrong.

Don't use vroot it installs chineseSU. The method this guy posted is unnecessary. Just use towel root
12th July 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member
Flag sana'a
Thanks Meter: 6

24 posts
use towel root v3 only...and you are done.
vroot used only for those have issues with towel root.
The Following User Says Thank You to hisham2630 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #24  
Forum Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 7,329

6,218 posts
More
First off, You guys need to understand something, VROOT HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN TO BE A SAFE ROOT METHOD. That being said, there are proven methods out, by trusted sources, to root. Chainfire and geohot have both released methods to root, pick the one for your device and enjoy.
Last edited by Stryke_the_Orc; 13th July 2014 at 06:58 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Verizon i545 & towel root
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham2630

for this methode you should only use super su.this is the only one that work fine on verizon kitkat.

I just tried towelroot on verizion i-545 and it says it it not allowed. "this action is never allowed." So, found you link downloaded software, and can't tell anything from all the chinese characters. I like the idea, but with the installer in chinese, it is impossible to know what is happening. Do you have one with some english Titles? Thanks, cc
27th November 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #26  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 117

211 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham2630

why are you angry like that.
i didn't refuse to use samsung factory images...i have used them many times to recover from soft brick...i have bricked my phone about 5 times..
this happen because play sytem files or build.prop file.
not matter for me if i used factory images from china or japan....iam not japaness or chiness.
my image was clean but only towel root dosen't work for me so i use the two programs...ok
vroot has been updated to work with kitkat if you have the latest version of it...but on some device may not work properly but it can push su file into /system/xbin....thank you.

Dude... pushing SU to /system/xbin is rooting, if you have SU in that location, you have root! And I just tested VRoot for kicks. It was unable to push the SU file on NC5.

It is quite possible towelroot V1 or V2 doesn't work on NC5. But V3 works on all NC5 phones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread