Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 3.30.65x.2 | Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 10.31.14

OP O.M.J

26th November 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1111  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 104

529 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J

the latest RUU cannot be flashed by renaming to firmware.zip....it's an exe u run from the pc

to reboot, hold vol up & power

OK so I should use the full firmware and then rename that to firmware.zip and follow the instrunctions for updating via fastboot?

Also, I'm guessing that after this I will need to unlock my bootloader via htc dev and reroot to flash a ROM?
26th November 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #1112  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hastings, MN
Thanks Meter: 7,868

2,625 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwarriorsf

OK so I should use the full firmware and then rename that to firmware.zip and follow the instrunctions for updating via fastboot?

Also, I'm guessing that after this I will need to unlock my bootloader via htc dev and reroot to flash a ROM?

yes, rename the full firmware, fastboot flash, unlock via htcdev, flash TWRP, flash ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to O.M.J For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1113  
Flag kalamazoo, MI
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
More
Is it possible that after flashing the newest firmware that you can get service issues? I am using the latest venom rom and used the firmware link for the non hk edition. Since then I have had issues with making calls and data issues. The sprint store did something to try and help but to no avail. It was something like ## and then some numbers and my phone rebooted.

Edit - I shouldn't say it was ever since. I have been having issues for a few months. Like never having 4g where I used to and so on. I just figured the newest firmware would fix it. Any other info you may need feel free to ask.
Last edited by Phrostbite; 26th November 2014 at 08:06 PM.
Yesterday, 07:02 AM   |  #1114  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 104

529 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J

yes, rename the full firmware, fastboot flash, unlock via htcdev, flash TWRP, flash ROM

I tried to follow the instructions for updating via fastboot but I got: (bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)
So I checked to make sure my bootloader was locked and it does say: RELOCKED
Anybody have any ideas?
I'm S-On on a Mac trying to update firmware and get back to a ROM...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread