Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Tool] WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor | CRYPT7 | NON-ROOT

OP TripCode

6th November 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Location hi, i have completed all the instructions given by you... But as soon as i connect m
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaNet

I have find my way! Re-installed Java, manually clicked on java.exe stored in Java folder in Program files (or Program files (x86) ) I've clicked on Javacpl as well and enabled all options, not sure if this is necessary though.
I've then rerun the program without Java check (the Java check one is bugging now) and was able to do the back up.
Thanks!!
Best regards,
Melanie

Hi Buddies,
i have completed all the instructions given by you... But as soon as i connect my samsung note 3 a message pops up like .unable to connect
press any key to continue..
you have also mentioned that you need to verify the finger print if you are using USB DEBUGGING for the 1st time
please let me know how to verify finger print.

Regards
Zuber
18th November 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 57

158 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuberbaluch

Hi Buddies,
i have completed all the instructions given by you... But as soon as i connect my samsung note 3 a message pops up like .unable to connect
press any key to continue..
you have also mentioned that you need to verify the finger print if you are using USB DEBUGGING for the 1st time
please let me know how to verify finger print.

Regards
Zuber

Hy are you working on crypt8 ? I didnt test that new format i found crypt8 in the newest whatsapp I hope we dont get problems
18th November 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 149

311 posts
More
This will not working anymore if WhatsApp really already use encryption (same as on TextSecure). Sad and good news, but we better wait for an audit.
https://whispersystems.org/blog/whatsapp/
18th November 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF-KOCH

This will not working anymore if WhatsApp really already use encryption (same as on TextSecure). Sad and good news, but we better wait for an audit.
https://whispersystems.org/blog/whatsapp/

i think its not about message backups, its live streaming encryption to prevent man in the middle attacks. even so if its impossible to read those backups how whatsapp going to restore them back
The Following User Says Thank You to sercankd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 149

311 posts
More
The source is open, it's same as TextSecure which also can't restore them, Wa use for each messages new keys which are stored on the server same as the public key. I think the server checks for you id/key and msg id. In whatsapp+ there is an backup button and the folders with the db, WhisperSystem said there are coming more changes, maybe we get an option or more details how this exactly works, bur until there is no whitepaper or audit I don't belive anything here. It's facebook, do not believe the hype.
21st November 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Donate to Me
Yes, you're right that it won't impact the db store file as the Textsecure is more about the realtime transmission. But WhatsApp has also upgraded the db version to Crypt8 which is currently Tri-Crypt is not capable to understand, that's why the script failed for the new version of WhatsApp. Let's wait to get the next update to Tri-Crypt which can handle Crypt8.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Abinash Bishoyi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #77  

1 posts
Unhappy Full backup step
i have installed all the requirement ( java, adb and the zip file ) , launched the bat file as administrator, connected my phone whose usb debugging enabled and it still freezes on " daemon started successfully", the "full backup" doesn't appear.
any help please ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3027149  
22nd November 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #78  

1 posts
Same issue as above - won't go past * deamon started successfully *
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyoks

i have installed all the requirement ( java, adb and the zip file ) , launched the bat file as administrator, connected my phone whose usb debugging enabled and it still freezes on " daemon started successfully", the "full backup" doesn't appear.
any help please ?

I am having the same issue as above. I have Java installed, USB debugging is checked, phone is connected to PC. But the extractor gets stuck at * deamon started successfully *

Please help.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	3028195
22nd November 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #79  

1 posts
2nd time getting error
i dont know y but the 2nd time i get error and the file doesnt get extracted.using android 5 on nexus 5. any tips where i went wrong ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	82
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	3028351  
Yesterday, 08:11 AM   |  #80  

1 posts
getting error..please help.
I am getting error while extracting key. Attached plz find the screen cap of error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

SUMMARY:

The purpose of this script is to provide a method for WhatsApp users to extract their cipher key on NON-ROOTED Android devices. The cipher key is required to decrypt WhatsApp CRYPT6 and CRYPT7 backup files. This script works by hooking into the USB backup feature on Android 4.0 or higher. It will NOT work with earlier Android versions or on devices where this feature has been deliberately disabled by the manufacturer. The cipher key can be used with WhatCrypt, both on the Website (online decryption / exportation) and with the Android App (offline decryption / recryption). Other apps and websites may also support WhatsApp cipher keys. It should be noted that WhatsApp cipher keys can roll (update) periodically. If this happens then you will need to repeat the instructions contained within this file in order to extract the latest cipher key. This script will also extract the latest UNENCRYPTED WhatsApp Message Database (msgstore.db) and Contacts Database (wa.db).

In addition to the above. A copy of the cipher key will also be pushed to the WhatsApp Database directory on the device itself and contained within a file called ".nomedia". The reason for this is to allow Android Developers a unified method in which they can offer their app users WhatsApp Decryption for those willing to run this script.

PREREQUISITES:

1. O/S: Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
  2. Java - If not installed: Download Java
  3. ADB (Android Debug Bridge) Drivers - If not installed: ADB Installer
  4. USB Debugging* must be enabled on the target device. Settings -> Developer Options -> (Debugging) USB debugging
  5. Android device with Android 4.0 or higher
*= If you cannot find Developer Options then please go to: Settings -> About phone/device and tap the Build number multiple times until you're finally declared a developer.

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Extract "WhatsAppKeyExtract.zip" on your computer maintaining the directory structure.
  2. Browse to the extracted folder and click on "WhatsAppKeyExtract.bat".
  3. Connect your device via USB**, unlock your screen and wait for "Full backup" to appear.
  4. Leave the password field blank and tap on "Back up my data".
  5. The "extracted" folder will now contain your "whatsapp.key", "msgstore.db" and "wa.db".

** = If you have never used USB Debugging before, you may also need to verify the fingerprint.

CHANGELOG:

1.1 - Removed Java check, due to some users reporting that they're getting stuck in an install loop.
1.0 - Initial release.

GITHUB FORK / *NIX VARIANT:

Not my hub, but many thanks to Abinash Bishoyi who has created an unofficial fork on GitHub. He has added a *nix variant "sh" script and made some modifications for users who have experienced problems with ADB on Android 4.4.3. He has also added support for Android L. Kudos to him.

Link: https://github.com/AbinashBishoyi/Wh...y-DB-Extractor

COMPATIBLE APPS:
  1. WhatCrypt Tool 1.3+
  2. WhatsApp Tri-Crypt 1.2+

The apps listed above have been confirmed working with WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor. I.E. They will either look for and use the static cipher key that this tool will copy to: "sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/.nomedia" as an alternative decrypt/recrypt method, or will allow you to manually set the path to the key file. If you wish your app to be added to this list, then please let me know and I will add your app (pending verification / confirmation).

AUTHOR: TripCode
THANKS: dragomerlin for Android Backup Extractor, Snoop05 for ADB Installer and Abinash Bishoyi for GitHub fork.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	key extractor error.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	3036077  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt, crypt5, crypt6, crypt7, whatsapp
Previous Thread Next Thread