Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Must cycle Airplane mode between texts

OP mdphoenix

24th October 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Ok, this worked for a good 5 hours for me and then it kept reverting back to the wrong SMSC code. I've done further research into this and this is a wide spread issue across different phone models with CM based ROMs (which are really a good percentage of the AOSP ROMs out there). No rhyme or reason why this happens on random phones but nonetheless. If you're really wanting to use an AOSP ROM I've read on another forum that a Google Play Edition ROM will work. I'm downloading one for the DNA now and will report back on my findings.
24th October 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
I like it! At least we see some updates on this. I seem to be locked out of my smsc also. I can't get it to stick. I think you are on to something here... And just when I gave up...
24th October 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #143  

8 posts
No luck

I used santod's tiKtaK Google Edition Deluxe ROM. I may try the Google Edition Stock ROM he made to see if that has any different results. I wish there was a way someone could make a fix that would make those settings stick but I've had no luck in finding anything yet
25th October 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #144  

39 posts
I have not been able to sit in front of my computer but is it possible to use AT+CSCA commands in terminal? I might be out dated, but I think CDMA will take this type of command to set the smsc address. I don't know... I'll have to find some time to research.
25th October 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #145  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohanTech

I have not been able to sit in front of my computer but is it possible to use AT+CSCA commands in terminal? I might be out dated, but I think CDMA will take this type of command to set the smsc address. I don't know... I'll have to find some time to research.

I know nothing about using terminal. I'm kinda stupid when it comes to that. If you could tell me the commands I would run I could give it a shot.
25th October 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #146  

39 posts
I am too... In more ways then just terminal... I could be way off just a shot in the dark. Might not make a difference... lol
27th October 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #147  

39 posts
My wife's iPhone smsc number is the same number that mine gets defaulted to. I have a feeling that this number is reset upon boot up from Verizon. Even if it is forced to change Verizon will update it automatically through the network. My wife has no issues with SMS. This default number must be correct... Any other ideas?? :s

I'm running SlimKat. I've just been using messager (Facebook) through data. Works OK since most have this anyway.
28th October 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #148  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohanTech

My wife's iPhone smsc number is the same number that mine gets defaulted to. I have a feeling that this number is reset upon boot up from Verizon. Even if it is forced to change Verizon will update it automatically through the network. My wife has no issues with SMS. This default number must be correct... Any other ideas?? :s

I'm running SlimKat. I've just been using messager (Facebook) through data. Works OK since most have this anyway.

Yeah i was kind of perplexed when i looked up the smsc number on my stepmoms iphone yesterday to find it was the same one. Its just weird thst when that "updated" smsc number sticks for a bit i have no issues texting. Ive tried to find a 3rd party sms app that offers changing the code but none seem to anymore. The old gosms offered it but when i downloaded an old apk of it it made my phone go bonkers. I will continue to fight this though lol
27th November 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #149  

3 posts
Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue? I've tried flashing the stock rom several times then flashing to a custom rom (currently using cm12) since I can send texts on stock sense, but after flashing a new rom I lose sms capabilities. According to my phone, I have full signal and can make and receive calls and I can receive texts, but I can only send one text after rebooting my phone or cycling airplane mode. This issue only occurs on custom roms, so I was wondering if there were any settings (aside from smsc updates which doesn't seem to fix the problem for me) that I could change...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
airplane, cycle, sms, text
Previous Thread Next Thread