Originally Posted by Godfall
This is my first time modding my phone GT-S5360.
I've used this guide to install it, and it was a success. (sorry can't use links yet - How To Install Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11) For Galaxy Y GT-S5360)
1 - CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168 totoro
2 - Kernel Bangprovn#1
3 - CM11 20141122 NIGHTLY totoro (failed to install, it says status 7 in installation / so i used what's on the link in the video itself)
4 - CM11 20140621 unofficial totoro (successfully installed)
5 - Flashed gapps.
I like it, it was fast and a cool interface.
Sadly, there seems to be a lot of problems, these are what I encountered so far;
1. The Icons on Status Bar (they overlapped when i open the Bluetooth).
2. Problem on replacing wallpapers on Theme and Lock Screen (Unfortunately, com.android.wallpapercropper has stopped).
3. Can't access the gallery (Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped).
4. Can't receive incoming call (a bit important to me), but i can receive text messages.
5. Sometimes, Setting App also crashes.
6. No camera app.
I guess that's it for now.
I want to update my CM version, and tried this one.
1. Updated on CM Updater in Settings > About phone > CyanogenMod updates, and choose the All Versions > CM11 20141122 NIGHTLY totoro, still installation failed by that Status 7.
2. I downloaded the latest stable release CM11 - RC12 - GT-S5360 - totoro.
Now, my question;
1. Is it safe to apply that update manually, by CWM?
2. If so, what would be the step by step procedure?
3. If not, what version would work on my phone, and can you provide me the link?
Thanks in advance.
Didn't read all the comments here, but I hope someone can help me on my problem.
I'm a newbie on this modding thing at android, so I can't understand some things. So please bear with me.
Hey, why did you use Bngprovn#1 kernel, its recovery doesn't support yaffs file system. Now, you experienced errors. You didn't follow the dev's instructions. ONLY USE RECOVERY PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER, AND DON'T FOLLOW ALL STUPID INSTRUCTIONS MADE BY USERS THEMSELVES.
From your question
#2: I don't know why you are not reading the first post of this thread. Or the Dev thread. Correct procedures are there.
#3: All versions should work.