Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Discussion Thread for CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.x KitKat)

OP koala990

26th November 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #3831  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Phone
For me, setting I/O scheduler to deadline reduced a little bit the wake-up delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkad

The delay is a bug in this ROM & changing the governor will not help. There's nothing you can do. Try disabling the lookups in Dialer settings.. It will reduce it a little bit.

The disappearance of apps that have moved to the SD card seems like a bug in Trebuchet & hence not a bug specific to our devices I think. Try an alternative launcher like Nova.

26th November 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #3832  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 60

117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt2x

For me, setting I/O scheduler to deadline reduced a little bit the wake-up delay.

Didn't make a difference for me..

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.VR06

Thanks for the reply. But it still takes around 5 secs for the screen to wake up during incoming call. I turned off all lookups.

We'll have to wait till Psyke83 fixes the kernel bug that prevents the screen from waking up. When the display is off, you can still answer by sliding as the touchscreen will become active before the display.
26th November 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #3833  

15 posts
Phone
Hi,

OK, i'll try.

I have observed that when something (for me, Xabber) is running in the background, waking up is very difficult for the phone.

In addition, if i raise the minimal CPU freq to the maximum, waking up is much faster... But it lowers the battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkad

Didn't make a difference for me..

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

We'll have to wait till Psyke83 fixes the kernel bug that prevents the screen from waking up. When the display is off, you can still answer by sliding as the touchscreen will become active before the display.

26th November 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #3834  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhero

I downgraded my device from CM11-11-22-2014 to CM9.2(first time to install on my device), CM9.2 is 2x faster than CM11. I can't use this as a daily rom because of the audio routing bug. We need developers to port audio libs from cm11, I tried putting the driver to CM9.2 but no luck. We're very happy to see Stable CM9.2 and CM11 on Galaxy Y. Stable ANDROID 4 on galaxy y. :-p
BTW, the latest nightly CM11 is very good. Screen wake is still not yet perfect. INCallui delay is less but it is still not perfect, sometimes the device's screen is not waking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega17

@psyke83
Appreciate your work cm11 is great!....but my question is, why not make cm9 daily useable as it is way faster then cm 11?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I dont understand both of you. Why do you still want CM9 while our device were able to get the CM11? CM11 could be smoother than CM9. Come on guys. Its still in development phase. Stay calm and eat banana.
26th November 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #3835  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 37

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgpiyi

I dont understand both of you. Why do you still want CM9 while our device were able to get the CM11? CM11 could be smoother than CM9. Come on guys. Its still in development phase. Stay calm and eat banana.

Agreed!
Yesterday, 11:39 AM   |  #3836  
Thanks Meter: 11

42 posts
Deadline scheduler will be the default io scheduler and purgeable assets will be enabled by default.

Source : AndroidARMv6 Gerrit Code Review
Today, 01:54 AM   |  #3837  

2 posts
Question Need help.
This is my first time modding my phone GT-S5360.

I've used this guide to install it, and it was a success. (sorry can't use links yet - How To Install Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11) For Galaxy Y GT-S5360)

1 - CWM Recovery 6.0.5.3 totoro
2 - Kernel Bangprovn#1
3 - CM11 20141122 NIGHTLY totoro (failed to install, it says status 7 in installation / so i used what's on the link in the video itself)
4 - CM11 20140621 unofficial totoro (successfully installed)
5 - Flashed gapps.

I like it, it was fast and a cool interface.

Sadly, there seems to be a lot of problems, these are what I encountered so far;

1. The Icons on Status Bar (they overlapped when i open the Bluetooth).
2. Problem on replacing wallpapers on Theme and Lock Screen (Unfortunately, com.android.wallpapercropper has stopped).
3. Can't access the gallery (Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped).
4. Can't receive incoming call (a bit important to me), but i can receive text messages.
5. Sometimes, Setting App also crashes.
6. No camera app.

I guess that's it for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to update my CM version, and tried this one.

1. Updated on CM Updater in Settings > About phone > CyanogenMod updates, and choose the All Versions > CM11 20141122 NIGHTLY totoro, still installation failed by that Status 7.

2. I downloaded the latest stable release CM11 - RC12 - GT-S5360 - totoro.

Now, my question;

1. Is it safe to apply that update manually, by CWM?
2. If so, what would be the step by step procedure?
3. If not, what version would work on my phone, and can you provide me the link?

Thanks in advance.

Note:
Didn't read all the comments here, but I hope someone can help me on my problem.
I'm a newbie on this modding thing at android, so I can't understand some things. So please bear with me.
Today, 03:02 AM   |  #3838  
Thanks Meter: 18

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfall

This is my first time modding my phone GT-S5360.

I've used this guide to install it, and it was a success. (sorry can't use links yet - How To Install Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11) For Galaxy Y GT-S5360)

1 - CWM Recovery 6.0.5.3 totoro
2 - Kernel Bangprovn#1
3 - CM11 20141122 NIGHTLY totoro (failed to install, it says status 7 in installation / so i used what's on the link in the video itself)
4 - CM11 20140621 unofficial totoro (successfully installed)
5 - Flashed gapps.

I like it, it was fast and a cool interface.

Sadly, there seems to be a lot of problems, these are what I encountered so far;

1. The Icons on Status Bar (they overlapped when i open the Bluetooth).
2. Problem on replacing wallpapers on Theme and Lock Screen (Unfortunately, com.android.wallpapercropper has stopped).
3. Can't access the gallery (Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped).
4. Can't receive incoming call (a bit important to me), but i can receive text messages.
5. Sometimes, Setting App also crashes.
6. No camera app.

I guess that's it for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to update my CM version, and tried this one.

1. Updated on CM Updater in Settings > About phone > CyanogenMod updates, and choose the All Versions > CM11 20141122 NIGHTLY totoro, still installation failed by that Status 7.

2. I downloaded the latest stable release CM11 - RC12 - GT-S5360 - totoro.

Now, my question;

1. Is it safe to apply that update manually, by CWM?
2. If so, what would be the step by step procedure?
3. If not, what version would work on my phone, and can you provide me the link?

Thanks in advance.

Note:
Didn't read all the comments here, but I hope someone can help me on my problem.
I'm a newbie on this modding thing at android, so I can't understand some things. So please bear with me.

Hey, why did you use Bngprovn#1 kernel, its recovery doesn't support yaffs file system. Now, you experienced errors. You didn't follow the dev's instructions. ONLY USE RECOVERY PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER, AND DON'T FOLLOW ALL STUPID INSTRUCTIONS MADE BY USERS THEMSELVES.

From your question
#1: YES
#2: I don't know why you are not reading the first post of this thread. Or the Dev thread. Correct procedures are there.
#3: All versions should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Azhero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 05:10 AM   |  #3839  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhero

Hey, why did you use Bngprovn#1 kernel, its recovery doesn't support yaffs file system. Now, you experienced errors. You didn't follow the dev's instructions. ONLY USE RECOVERY PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER, AND DON'T FOLLOW ALL STUPID INSTRUCTIONS MADE BY USERS THEMSELVES.

From your question
#1: YES
#2: I don't know why you are not reading the first post of this thread. Or the Dev thread. Correct procedures are there.
#3: All versions should work.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I'm just new so I tried the easier instructions that I can understand.

How about this kernel - Percy@CM#2?

I'll try sorting out this problem for now, hopefully I won't do any harm to my phone.
Today, 05:27 AM   |  #3840  
Gandhinagar - INDIA
Thanks Meter: 489

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfall

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I'm just new so I tried the easier instructions that I can understand.

How about this kernel - Percy@CM#2?

I'll try sorting out this problem for now, hopefully I won't do any harm to my phone.

You should ONLY follow instructions given on this thread (main development thread)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2766229

Steps shown on that thread are simplest and easiest to understand. Performing any other steps like: installing any 3rd party kernel will only get you failures.

Remember: Try to be on the latest build (Nightly build) so that you get benefit of all the latest bugfixes. RC builds are not recommended to use because they are updated after a long time (about a month) and they are no better than nightly builds (besides the fact that they are put in stable folder).
Last edited by Bhargav97; Today at 05:33 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 11, totoro
Previous Thread Next Thread