Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Unbrick Service] Bricked Phone? Need Help? Look Here.

OP Matt

17th November 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #161  
Thanks Meter: 404

1,128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethutsman

Sorry, I have tried to install the RUU through the install menu, it just said failed. Ive tried to sideboot and my computer gives me an error saying "cannot read" i successfully pushed it to /data/media/0/ as a zip file. and yes I did have it in the ADB folder. I dont have an SD card reader, I used an old android instead. Is that more helpful? I apologize, I should have been more descriptive.

If you managed to push the ROM.zip to /data/media/0/ then you should be good to go. Just go to "Install zip" in TWRP go to directory where ROM is and select it and swipe to install. You can then do a nandroid backup once the device is running the custom ROM if you so prefer.

Just for general info though. If it was a custom ROM you pushed, make sure it's one that is for your devices current firmware and not a newer ROM on older firmware else you WILL have issues with Radio(No bluetooth, wifi, data, gps etc).
17th November 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #162  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,295

7,549 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethutsman

Sorry, I have tried to install the RUU through the install menu

What RUU? You are short on giving details again, making it difficult to help.
18th November 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #163  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Help please
I first made my htc one m8 a GPE then I flashed skydragon rom to give it android 5.0, my phone never booted up so I went in to recovery and all my back ups were gone..... PLEASE help I cant boot my phone oranything...
19th November 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #164  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 343

1,008 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hidden OP

I first made my htc one m8 a GPE then I flashed skydragon rom to give it android 5.0, my phone never booted up so I went in to recovery and all my back ups were gone..... PLEASE help I cant boot my phone oranything...

Did you update your firmware first? Because , if not LOL. Always read the OP.
20th November 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #165  

4 posts
HTC One M8 rooted stuck on endless loop after downloading Multirom
My phone is an HTC One M8 running Android Revolution HD and TWRP Recovery. I recently downloaded Multirom thinking that I could hold multiple roms just by downloading the app. The app told me to reboot into Recovery mode to finish installation, and I rebooted into recovery. The only roms that were available to boot in was Internal so I just chose that. Turns out Internal will always get me stuck into the htcONE boot screen even after 1 day of waiting. If I try to go into bootloader mode and go into factory reset, it brings me back to the MultiROM menu everytime. I cannot even access the phone from the computer to edit the files. Please help, thanks!
21st November 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #166  

1 posts
Verizon HTC One M8 Black Screen Brick
Hello,
I was trying to fix my clockworkmod recovery with a command i found: "echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0"

Now my phone's screen just stays black.

I managed to get into RUU without seeing the screen but when I tried to install a stock version of my phone it gave me "FAILED (remote: 41 model id check fail)"

I would appreciate any help to get it un-bricked.

Thanks!
25th November 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #167  

6 posts
No Firmware left on HTC One M8
Hey Matt, I was running on Viper 2.5.0 Sense 4.4.3 Firmware 2.22.401.5 CID HTC_038. I wanted to upgrade the firmware of my phone from 2.22.401.5 to 3.28.401.9. I followed a thread on XDA of @Sneakyghost FUU Firmware and flashing. I followed all the steps except for making my phone S-OFF. The FUU tool showed the error I have attached. Now I got no firmware on my phone. Even tried flashing update of 2.22.401.5 back, but no use. How to I flash a firmware on my phone? or How do I turn my phone S-OFF as I cannot connect my phone to the PC? Phone stuck on silver Htc logo screen when connected without any progress bar. And security fail RUU when disconnected. Please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141125_018.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	3033508  
25th November 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #168  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 343

1,008 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner00

Hey Matt, I was running on Viper 2.5.0 Sense 4.4.3 Firmware 2.22.401.5 CID HTC_038. I wanted to upgrade the firmware of my phone from 2.22.401.5 to 3.28.401.9. I followed a thread on XDA of @Sneakyghost FUU Firmware and flashing. I followed all the steps except for making my phone S-OFF. The FUU tool showed the error I have attached. Now I got no firmware on my phone. Even tried flashing update of 2.22.401.5 back, but no use. How to I flash a firmware on my phone? or How do I turn my phone S-OFF as I cannot connect my phone to the PC? Phone stuck on silver Htc logo screen when connected without any progress bar. And security fail RUU when disconnected. Please help.

Since all M8’s can have S-Off, (and ONLY if you get S-Off!) we can also update the Firmware without the need of HTC’s OTA’ or RUU, yet the stock update way will still remain the safest way. Stick to that if you don’t have reason to come here and choose this.

Copied and pasted from the very first sentences in the OP on @Sneakyghost's firmware thread.
The best advice I can give you here is to learn to follow instructions.
Last edited by xunholyx; 26th November 2014 at 12:41 AM.
26th November 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #169  

13 posts
More
Bricked M8 after GPe install
Matt,

I followed the GPe tutorial at XDA to the letter without any speedbumps along the way, but my M8 appears to be bricked after install. Unable to boot into bootloader or recovery. Stuck at HTC splash screen. Unable to reboot via pressing power button for any length of time. Will gladly pay for your assistance sir.

Thanks.
Today, 06:12 AM   |  #170  

1 posts
HELP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt

Introducing the ...

Matt Unbrick Service!

If you have a problem with your HTC One (M8), and just don't know what to do, don't despair! I can help.

With over 3 years experience with Android phones, we exist solely to help you enjoy your phone, and prevent you from experiencing the inconvenient HTC return process, which can take several weeks.

Services I offer:

Rooting
Unrooting
Unlocking Bootloaders
S-off
Updating Firmwares
Flashing RUUs
Fixing unbootable phones!

Service is free, however donations are welcome and appreciated

How it works!

To request a repair, simply post here on the thread.

I will then get back to you as soon as possible and we can then arrange a TeamViewer session or I can write up a guide for your situation, for you to follow independently.

People I have helped:

• Eswog
  • Crazhy
  • nolinuxnoparty
  • mattoffshore
  • dayze0
  • bteljuice
  • Amrut223
  • bamidrol
  • ringrover
  • ElunChen
  • slicetherice
  • darktyroll
  • IT4ALii3EN
  • malavan
  • ProxiStyx
  • natzakaria
  • sly101s
  • smaug8821
  • dlnas
  • sardor
  • SoftHd
  • dh2311
  • royoshukrun
  • mathrania
  • adichandra
  • sfjeep

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be able to help

My htc one m8 is soft bricked. It's stuck in the boot loop. Idk what to do please help me asap.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread