Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Super sensitive screen?!

OP dec1153

27th May 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 13

273 posts
More
does the lg g pad 8.3 have the special super sensitive technology. I noticed it works with gloves and any metal objects. Also i dont even have to touch my screen and the tablet already recognises my touch. This is amazing, how come lg do not promote this

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

264 posts
More
The lg g pad doesn't. It's the s4 that has the air view technology.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
29th May 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153

does the lg g pad 8.3 have the special super sensitive technology. I noticed it works with gloves and any metal objects. Also i dont even have to touch my screen and the tablet already recognises my touch. This is amazing, how come lg do not promote this

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I can confirm this. Sometimes my fingers are 1mm away from the screen and the Gpad already senses that as a touch. Sometimes my earphones'cords can make the screen react too.
29th May 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 104

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietanh198

I can confirm this. Sometimes my fingers are 1mm away from the screen and the Gpad already senses that as a touch. Sometimes my earphones'cords can make the screen react too.

I can confirm that my touch screen on the g-pad is definitely the most sensitive of the devices I own (kindle fire, kindle fire hd, g-pad, gs3). It does seem that it is detecting a touch before I touch the screen sometimes although I can not say that I have done any sort of testing of this.
30th May 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 13

273 posts
More
Yes this is true. I tried it with my gloves on and the screen still works (normal gloves) and sometimes my headphone cable and charger cable can interact with the screen too. Metal pens also seem to work....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th November 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 18

101 posts
More
Sorry to revive the topic but I also feel that my g pag screen is too sensitive and I ***HATE*** this. It captures too many unintended touches.
Is there a patch or kernel setting to adjust this? Please help.
27th November 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakull

Sorry to revive the topic but I also feel that my g pag screen is too sensitive and I ***HATE*** this. It captures too many unintended touches.
Is there a patch or kernel setting to adjust this? Please help.

If you are rooted, use root explorer and browse to /system/usr/idc/ and edit the touch_dev.idc file. Look for the line that says touch.pressure.scale and change from 0.004 to 0.01 then reboot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SexualChocolate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #8  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 18

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate

If you are rooted, use root explorer and browse to /system/usr/idc/ and edit the touch_dev.idc file. Look for the line that says touch.pressure.scale and change from 0.004 to 0.01 then reboot

Thanks a lot man! Will try it when I get home.
28th November 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Thanks Meter: 52

140 posts
More
Yeah it's intended to be that sensitive for our own convenience! Gloves, metal tip of pens, knives, keys!
I almost always use it with the blunt edge of the 'knife' of my pocket multitool to avoid having grease on my screen!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread