Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[CLONE] HDC Galaxy S5 G900F 1:1 MTK6592 OctaCore 1.7GHz

OP s7yler

9th November 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #141  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Wink Future updates ?
Will there be updates for this rom?
Lollipop will be cool
10th November 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #142  
Junior Member
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Determining true model of SM-G900F S5 Clone
I have what I believe is a clone of an SM-G900F, how can I go about getting the true information about the model number/specs of the phone? The information listed under device info corresponds to the genuine model...

A second question I have is are there any AOSP ROMs that are compatible with these HDC MTK clones?

Thanks in advance.
17th November 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #143  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
399 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Anyone else flash the pre-rooted firmware listed on the OP and have their device stick on a black screen at boot? Anyone manage to resolve this issue?

Here's my phone about screen.... took that before I messed with it, but it just points to the real s5 firmware


Managed to get mine back going with this firmware...

http://www.needrom.com/download/hdc-galaxys-s5-g900f/

I then tried the OP firmware again, my phone turned on, had all sounds and vibration when you touched the screen., but the screen remained black.

Only issue I have with the recovery firmware that i have running is some of the folders labeled in the launcher aren't in English. Is there any way to change that? Changing the default system language and rebooting didn't change them...




Hell, the firmware isn't in English outside the os even recovery isn't in English.
Last edited by kwalsh24; 17th November 2014 at 08:23 AM.
18th November 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #144  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
399 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Alright sourced out another firmware, all is working but one thing, the camera. Its stuck on the front facing camera and has no option to revert to the back, anyone know now to fix this ?
18th November 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #145  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Hi, i bought a clone galaxy s5 for the fun of itnot sure if its HDC most likely with octa CPU, i got the one with real 2gb ram - 16gb ram - real 1080p IPS screen , and real fingerprint.

i was very surprised how good the screen is and also how good the fingerprint works , the included battery is crap, which is sorted with a genuine battery

only issue GPS doesnt seem to find sat, is there any custom roms for it ? i see needroms site but not sure which one to use ?

Thanks
25th November 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #146  
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 1
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
root without pc
just sharing, root your phone with Root Master, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672150

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscool

Hi, i bought a clone galaxy s5 for the fun of itnot sure if its HDC most likely with octa CPU, i got the one with real 2gb ram - 16gb ram - real 1080p IPS screen , and real fingerprint.

i was very surprised how good the screen is and also how good the fingerprint works , the included battery is crap, which is sorted with a genuine battery

only issue GPS doesnt seem to find sat, is there any custom roms for it ? i see needroms site but not sure which one to use ?

Thanks

sorry, i'm afraid that every HDC phone have bad gps. i recently used the gt-i9600 model and sm-g9006v hdc, but all of them have the same issue.
Last edited by deovicchristian; 25th November 2014 at 03:23 AM.
25th November 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #147  
s7yler's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 245
 
575 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by deovicchristian

just sharing, root your phone with Root Master, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672150

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
sorry, i'm afraid that every HDC phone have bad gps. i recently used the gt-i9600 model and sm-g9006v hdc, but all of them have the same issue.

Root Master is the same as iRoot (former vRoot) or? same website it seems.
Why not use newest iRoot? Root Master seems to be an very old version.
26th November 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #148  
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 1
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7yler

Root Master is the same as iRoot (former vRoot) or? same website it seems.
Why not use newest iRoot? Root Master seems to be an very old version.

i dont really know about that, what i know is that Root Master can root SM-G9006V because I've done it
Today, 11:28 AM   |  #149  
singhpps's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Will this work with Canvas A350 knight as the hardware is same..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clone, g900f, galaxy, galaxy s5, hdc s5
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes