[DEV][KERNEL][2.6.35.7] ThunderKernel 2.2 [UPDATE 10/07/2014]

How much stars do you give to thunderkernel?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Alucard1989pl

May 16, 2010
This kernel has big problems to support EXT4 on 2nd SDcard partition(sd-ext). CWM has problem with sd-ext after "wipe data/factory reset". After this operation sd-ext can't be mounted :(. When i formatting sd card to fat32 and ext4 in CWM everything works fine. Can you in near future solve this issue?.

asishtheprince

Jan 14, 2014
Purulia
I've found a weird thing...when I installed it on cm7 with the cm7 version or on stock with stock version...It happens.... at the time of 3G running in the phone if a phone call arrives and I receive it...after talking for 2-3 secs phone rebbota automatically....Is there any solution?

Lopicl.00

Sep 25, 2012
Androidland
Guys it has been so much time, busy with school and i also need a pc to compile this kernel.
Maybe i'll buy a new pc or maybe not. But if i buy it, i will for sure finish this work.

Merry Christmas and happy new year ;)

Reactions: nguyenanhvan2493

Martiz

May 5, 2013
Genoa
i Installed it. what difference does it make? New to custom kernels.

if you download the application No frillls cpu control you can change the governor and the I/O scheduler, so you can control factors like speed, fluidity and battery duration.
I personally suggest that you put smartassv2 as governor and noop as I/O scheduler

Benholder90

Oct 24, 2014
London
if you download the application No frillls cpu control you can change the governor and the I/O scheduler, so you can control factors like speed, fluidity and battery duration.
I personally suggest that you put smartassv2 as governor and noop as I/O scheduler

The no frills app was there before but its not there now? When i installed this rom it came with superuser and this no frills app. It roots phone automatically?

Martiz

May 5, 2013
Genoa
The no frills app was there before but its not there now? When i installed this rom it came with superuser and this no frills app. It roots phone automatically?

it depends on which rom you chose to install. Cyanogenmod builds usually come already rooted, but some stock roms don't. read in the rom's thread to get more informations.
U can install no frills cpu from google play if absent.

da213

May 3, 2014
falshing this kernel in TouchWiz-Resurrection ROM IMEI lost

Tried to flash this kernel in the samsung galaxy s5830i where TouchWiz-Resurrection ROM installed every time I have flashed this kernel IMEI disappears. ROM developer says it should work as well. Very unsuccessful to make it work in TouchWiz-Resurrection ROM. If anyone knows how to make it work can you please share you experience with us would be brilliant. Galaxy toolbox did not restore IMEI unfortunately.

Last edited:

EigentlichPeng

Jul 12, 2015
?

whats the difference between thunderkenel 2.2 and rafeal baugis ??

no iptables on thunderkernel ....arrggghhhh XD...can anybody add this and compill ??
i dont know how it works ......

Last edited:

userisro

Feb 21, 2015
AndroidLand
Realme GT Neo 3
Hello, nice work Lopicl.00 in making this kernel...
I'm a noob and complete newbie to custom kernels, so could anyone please tell me how to check if the kernel has been installed successfully?
I followed all the instructions properly, and the phone booted normally... btw, i'm using rooted stock rom...
P.S. I checked 'About Phone' in 'Settings' but it said that Kernel version is
HTML:
matteo@7529 #1

Ulumia

Dec 21, 2021
Samara,Russia
HTC Desire
HTC Desire C
I installed the CM7 version of Thunder Kernel 2.2 on CM9 and got a brick

Hello, nice work Lopicl.00 in making this kernel...
I'm a noob and complete newbie to custom kernels, so could anyone please tell me how to check if the kernel has been installed successfully?
I followed all the instructions properly, and the phone booted normally... btw, i'm using rooted stock rom...
P.S. I checked 'About Phone' in 'Settings' but it said that Kernel version is
HTML:
matteo@7529 #1
Yes you installed the kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is my first, freshly compiled kernel. Because this is my FIRST one, don't start flaming...
    I am still learning about kernels and this is the result. ;)

NEW VERSION 2.2 STABLE IS OUT!
    NOW INSTALLED WITH AROMA: now you don't need anymore to download 3 different zips. All the three version come in one zip!
    2.2 is the most stable version ever!

NOTE: You can use CM7 version on the CM9, it works ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREFACE:
    This kernel is under the GPL license.
    You can use this kernel on any rom. Don't ask for permissions! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES:
    - Stock version -
    - CM7 version with BT, wifi and offline charging fixed -
    - CyanMobile X version with same CM7 fixes and other specific functions -
    - CWM inbuilt fully working (REALLY) -
    - Auto install root binary at boot (only binary, not the app!) -
    - Busybox support (in /sbin/busybox) -
    - EXT4 support! -
    - Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) support! -
    - Frandom generating support (inbuilt, not module) -
    - Droidwall support -
    - OpenVPN support -
    - 6 frequencies (156, 312, 468, 624, 728, 832) and deep sleep -
    - Swap -
    - Ramzswap -
    - Init.d support fully working -
    - 16 Governors -
    performance
    smartassV2
    savagedzen
    scary
    ondemandx
    lazy
    lagfree
    interactive
    conservative
    lionheart
    bcm21553
    powersave
    ondemand
    interactiveX
    brazilianwax
    smoothass
    - 5 I/O Schedulers -
    noop
    deadline
    cfq
    sio
    vr
    - Modded voltage -
    156 MHz > 1,18
    312 MHz > 1,22
    468 MHz > 1,24
    624 MHz > 1,26
    728 MHz > 1,28
    832 MHz > 1,34

BUGS:
    - SIM contacts reading -​

XDA DevDB Information
    ThunderKernel for Cooperve, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i

Contributors
    Lopicl.00
    Kernel Special Features: Kernel with special features that give more speed and stability to the phone. Better memory and cpu management. Frandom, EXT4, battery saving, CWM and other things... ;)

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-10

Created 2013-11-17
    Last Updated 2014-07-12
    Guys, good news! I know how to fix bugs!

Also i added some functions on kernel!
    - CM7/CM9 compatible
    - Corrected undervolt
    - EXT4 ramdisk
    - More stability and performance
    - Antutu Benchmark score up to 1700

Also this kernel will fix cm7 bugs! Wifi and bluetooth!

Inviato dalla mia tavoletta di cioccolato che fa anche il caffè tramite microchip di Tapatalk 4 installato... :p
    Ok, so i will release a new version, but that would be perfect without bugs and with cm7 fixed. That will be finally a RC1 version.
    Oh, an update: i added 104 mhz and removed 156 mhz.

Inviato dalla mia tavoletta di cioccolato che fa anche il caffè tramite microchip di Tapatalk 4 installato... :p

HOW TO FLASH:
    1) Copy downloaded zip to sdcard
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Go to CWM
    4) Install zip from sd > Choose zip from sdcard > select "thunderkernel_AROMA.zip" > Yes
    5) Follow aroma instructions
    6) Reboot the phone
    7) No need to wipe! ;)

DOWNLOADS:
    LATEST --> 2.2
    -DOWNLOAD LATEST ZIP-

-GO TO FOLDER TO BROWSE ALL OLD VERSIONS-

SOURCE:
    FOR REMAINING UPDATED CHECK MY GITHUB
    Kernel Source > https://github.com/Lopicl/android_kernel_cooperve_thunder
    Ramdisks > https://github.com/Lopicl/thunderkernel_ramdisks

;)
    Too much school. I formatted my pc and installed windows 8 + ubuntu 12.10... In weekends i can do something...

Sent from my chocolate bar that also makes coffee using Tapatalk 4 integrated microchip :p