[ROM][CM11][Kitkat -4.4.4][PORT][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 For Magnus A117 v0.19

Search This thread

shakeelsaraf

Mar 28, 2012
Goa
i tried multiple download managers and browsers used my phone other devices etc etc.....can u download the file at the moment?
is it possible for u to pm me an alternate link if u have one?......

navtab

Mar 29, 2013
Delhi
I don't know why but I not able to see any download link in the first post. I tried different browser but still not able to to see link. Pls help.

navtab

Mar 29, 2013
Delhi
i tried multiple download managers and browsers used my phone other devices etc etc.....can u download the file at the moment?
is it possible for u to pm me an alternate link if u have one?......

Download it through Opera mini. U can not download through browser or chrome.

One question for gapps which should be downloaded. I have attached screenshot.
Second thing. We have to download other things for gps lock and dual sim? Or it is already included in rom?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-30-08-31-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-30-08-31-18.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Siddk007

Nov 15, 2012
Bengaluru
Google Pixel 6a
I don't know why but I not able to see any download link in the first post. I tried different browser but still not able to to see link. Pls help.

Download from here:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B0tD0WBS5JtMcWZ4SlRkY3FQcTA&export=download

Sent from my Micromax A117 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Download it through Opera mini. U can not download through browser or chrome.

One question for gapps which should be downloaded. I have attached screenshot.
Second thing. We have to download other things for gps lock and dual sim? Or it is already included in rom?
Thanks in advance

If u use only playstore and gmail, then it is already included in rom. If u want all google apps, flash the first one in pic

Last edited:
Reactions: navtab

navtab

Mar 29, 2013
Delhi
Thanks
Pls solve my second query too about dual sim n gps fix update patch.
Sorry for my silly question but what are the other gapps?

shakeelsaraf

Mar 28, 2012
Goa
Can someone please mirror the rom and give me an alternate download link??
I badly want to download tis awesome rom but i cant....please help me :(:confused::(

shakeelsaraf

Mar 28, 2012
Goa
Have you tried OPERA MINI?? Even i was able to download via this only.

yes.....
for me what happens is it says the file is on unknown size and calculates the size of the file and downloads 262 mb and after that says unknown error occured...i request please someone mirror the file and pm me the link(dont post the link here as op might not like mirroring)
please help me i want this rom badly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Canvas Magnus A117 has finally arrived.

Say thanks to @chrmhoffmann for compiling the first ever CM11 for MT6589.

ORIGINAL THREAD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2676086

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors.

What works:

- SIM1 for phone calls (incoming/outgoing) and SMS, data (2g, 3g)
    - SIM2 is a WIP
    - Audio (microphone - now also outside phone calls, loudspeaker, headphones)
    - Sensors
    - Wifi (not wifi direct)
    - GPS (no A-GPS yet nor EPO assist files, so the fix can take a bit)
    - hw composer
    - camera for taking pictures (not video)
    - wifi and usb tethering
    - battery usage stats (expect the usage for Display to be very unprecise)
    - candy crush, facebook and twitter

What doesn't work, known bugs:

- 2nd sim card 3G switch
    - camera for "movies" does not work
    - (hw) video en/decoding not enabled
    - FM radio not available
    - A-GPS does not work, GPS works though but slowish
    - rest of MTK specifics (what?)

- ... you tell me

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Refer end of post

Change logs :
    Changelog CM11 0.19:
    - sync with CM
    - enable CWM to install from cmupdater
    Changelog CM11 0.18
    - sync with CM
    - remove MTK audio policy and use default
    - increase BT a2dp MTU (does it help?)

Changelog CM11 0.11
    - Sync with CM (very close to M8)
    - expose all internal storage location for mass storage USB
    - USB OTG for external USB location

Custom kernel with lots of governors and schedulers included

Changelog CM11 0.10
    - Sync with CM (very close to M8)
    - Update blobs from latest Wiko OTA

Changelog CM11 0.9
    - Torch (flashlight) enabled
    - updated to latest CM (i.e. 4.4.4 as of June 28th)

OLDER VERSIONS :

INSTRUCTIONS:

Place the zip files in sdcard.
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data/factory reset.
    Wipe dalvik Cache.
    Install cm11.zip and followed by gapps.
    Reboot!

SOME FAQ's

How to enable DualSim: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50955391&postcount=2

How to swap memories : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52785849&postcount=249

Steps for GPS LOCK http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53538738&postcount=530

Refer post #4 for more detailed FAQ's

CREDITS:
    @chrmhoffmann For bringing the first ever CM11 for an MT6589 device. (THANK HIM IN HIS ORIGINAL THREAD).
    OmniROM project @XpLoDWilD @Dr-Shadow @pawitp @dhacker29

@kashifmin for his support and guidance at all times :cowboy:

@Xenon1978 for his support & @Siddhesh for his tireless support at all times.

Thanks to many unknown people whom i don't know but helped me in this project by testing whenever asked since i don't own this device :)

Sources:

Kernel: https://github.com/sandymanu/A117_MT6589_kernel
    Device: https://github.com/chrmhoffmann/android_kernel_wiko_stairway
    Android: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/topic:mt6589,n,z - more to come

Last but not least HIT Thanks if i helped you ! Hitting thanks doesn't cost you but encourages me to work more !

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][CM11][Kitkat -4.4.4][PORT][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 For Magnus A117 v0.19, ROM for the Micromax Canvas Magnus A117

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.19
    Beta Release Date: 2014-06-20

Created 2014-06-22
    Last Updated 2014-10-07
    Change logs

Change logs :

Custom kernel with various governors and included in v0.11 ROM itself.

New governors added in kernel

• Intellidemand
    • Sakuractive
    • zzmoove
    • Pegasusq
    • Smartassv2

First go to Settings -> About phone and tap Build number 5 times.

Now Governors can be set from Settings-> Performance->Processor-> CPU Governors

Explanation on Governors :

Intellidemand:

Intellidemand aka Intelligent Ondemand from Faux is yet another governor that's based on ondemand. Unlike what some users believe, this governor is not the replacement for OC Daemon (Having different governors for sleep and awake). The original intellidemand behaves differently according to GPU usage. When GPU is really busy (gaming, maps, benchmarking, etc) intellidemand behaves like ondemand. When GPU is 'idling' (or moderately busy), intellidemand limits max frequency to a step depending on frequencies available in your device/kernel for saving battery. This is called browsing mode. We can see some 'traces' of interactive governor here. Frequency scale-up decision is made based on idling time of CPU. Lower idling time (<20%) causes CPU to scale-up from current frequency. Frequency scale-down happens at steps=5% of max frequency. (This parameter is tunable only in conservative, among the popular governors)
    To sum up, this is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling, and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such. Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Sakuractive:

This driver mimics the frequency scaling behavior in "on demand" but with several key differences. First is that frequency transitions use the CPUFreq table directly, instead of incrementing in a percentage of the maximum available frequency. Second "sakuractive" will offline auxillary CPUs when the system is idle, and online those CPUs once the system becomes busy again. This last feature is needed for architectures which transition to low power states when only the "master" CPU is online, or for thermally constrained devices

ZZmoove

ZZmove Governor optimized for low power consumption with the screen off, with particular attention to the limitation of consumption applications in the background with the screen off, such as listening to music. It has three settings: battery saver, balanced and performance. In addition to a performance boost, there is also the governor zzmove optimized.

Pegasusq/Pegasusd

The Pegasus-q / d is a multi-core based on the Ondemand governor and governor with integrated hot-plugging.
    Ongoing processes in the queue, we know that multiple processes can run simultaneously on. These processes are active in an array, which is a field called "Run Queue" queue that is ongoing, with their priority values ​​arranged (priority will be used by the task scheduler, which then decides which process to run next).

To ensure that each process has its fair share of resources, each running for a certain period and will eventually stop and then again placed in the queue until it is your turn again. If a program is terminated, so that others can run the program with the highest priority in the current queue is executed.

SmartassV2:
    Version 2 of the original smartass governor from Erasmux. Another favorite for many a people. The governor aim for an "ideal frequency", and ramp up more aggressively towards this freq and less aggressive after. It uses different ideal frequencies for screen on and screen off, namely awake_ideal_freq and sleep_ideal_freq. This governor scales down CPU very fast (to hit sleep_ideal_freq soon) while screen is off and scales up rapidly to awake_ideal_freq (500 mhz for GS2 by default) when screen is on. There's no upper limit for frequency while screen is off (unlike Smartass). So the entire frequency range is available for the governor to use during screen-on and screen-off state. The motto of this governor is a balance between performance and battery.
    FAQs​
    NOTE: For every problem try a restart first.....
    Q1. Titanium Backup not showing my backups?
    Ans. Go to titanium backup settings then choose your backup folder location. As sdcards are swapped in the rom. Sdcard0 is your internal sdcard and Sdcard1 is your external sdcard.
    Q2 Can't connect usb storage to pc?
    Ans. Go to settings->storage and select usb connection from menu.
    Q3 Can't see contacts from second sim?
    Ans. Just use the rom normally for a day or two with some restarts.... It worked for me. The contacts should be visible then after clicking all contacts.
    Q4 Cant take screenshots or storage problems.
    Ans. You probably have flashed ebr partitions to increase internal memory..... Flash stock rom first through sp flash tools then again flash the cm11 rom.
    Q5 How to enable usb debugging?
    Ans. Go to about phone then repeatedly click on buil number.
    Q6 How to enable ART (Android Run Time) and what are benefits?
    Ans. Go to Developer options and choose ART from "select runtime"
    By using ART less resources are used and apps are loaded faster.
    Q7 How to disable vibrate on touch?
    Ans. Go to settings->sound and disable vibrate on touch.
    Q8 High memory usage by apps although no big apps installed?
    Ans. ART uses more memory than dalvik. Switch to dalvik runtime if you have less free memory.
    NOTE: Dont try video recording. Otherwise your device will be freezed and will have to restart. Also don't flash ebr partitions to increase internal memory and don't try any tweaks or anything because it's CM
    I couldn't find an xposed module to hide no sim label on our cm 11 ROM.. so I made one myself.. it may be helpful others too.. download here : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ash.hidenosimicon