FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Can't install CWM recovery

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Wild-noob-appears, Junior Member on 19th January 2014, 11:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello.
I'v trouble for instaling CWM recovery.
That is what i'v try to do:

-Install CWM from Rom manager
Does'nt work. Phone still boot on original recovery mode

-Install 3e modded recovery before install CWM from rom manager
Doesn't work. Can't copy "recovery" to /system/bin. (Using terminal emulator / root browser / file explorer )

-Install CWM with Odin using this trhead:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578555
Can't progress: Link for download "2013.04.30-CWM-Synthesis-1.2Ghz.zip" forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25724638 is broken.

Please help :/
I just want to install a custom rom to get android 4.x

Ps: Sorry for my bad english, english isn't my native language.
Last edited by Wild-noob-appears; 19th January 2014 at 01:02 PM.
 
 
21st January 2014, 01:36 PM |#2  
Fullmetal Jun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild-noob-appears

Link for download "2013.04.30-CWM-Synthesis-1.2Ghz.zip" forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25724638 is broken.

Please help :/
I just want to install a custom rom to get 4.x

If you are on gingerbread or lower, download SGS Kernel Flasher free from Play Store. The CWM Synthesis 1.2 Ghz link is working and this is the one I always use! Select flash zip and let it flash for about 20 minutes and that's it! U must have over 80% battery or you're dead
If still not working, try Odin back to stock with root from this link: U must have Samsung drivers installed on PC first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1705260
Then SGS Kernel Flasher+CWM synthesis!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 09:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ah, sorry, i've forgot to update my post.
Yesterday,
I tried ODIN to get CWM and 2.3 GB beside but my infuse get bricked... (Option C, in infuse 4G dev' forum )
In fact, it was stuck on samsung logo while booting, after the flashing
I've tried one-click unbrick, and, curiously, despite the "successfully unbricked" status, my phone get hard bricked.
It don't boot at all. lol

I laughed...
So...Can i send my phone to service center or something like that ? Or, it's dead for ever ? :'o

PS: Sorry for my english, again. I'll try to do my best.
23rd August 2014, 07:02 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Clarification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun

If you are on gingerbread or lower, download SGS Kernel Flasher free from Play Store. The CWM Synthesis 1.2 Ghz link is working and this is the one I always use! Select flash zip and let it flash for about 20 minutes and that's it! U must have over 80% battery or you're dead
If still not working, try Odin back to stock with root from this link: U must have Samsung drivers installed on PC first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1705260
Then SGS Kernel Flasher+CWM synthesis!

Does flashing CWM synthesis with SGS Kernel Flasher require modded recovery file in sytem/bin. On my rooted (Framaroot) GB2.3.6 UCLB3 Infuse there is no recovery file in system/bin and all other files in this directory are grayed out .Copy recovery file to System/bin fails even though the file system is mounted RW. Thanks. ff I am in the wrong area, apologies.
24th August 2014, 03:43 PM |#5  
Fullmetal Jun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milrain

Does flashing CWM synthesis with SGS Kernel Flasher require modded recovery file in sytem/bin. On my rooted (Framaroot) GB2.3.6 UCLB3 Infuse there is no recovery file in system/bin and all other files in this directory are grayed out .Copy recovery file to System/bin fails even though the file system is mounted RW. Thanks. ff I am in the wrong area, apologies.

No! If you're on stock gb with root, sgs kernel flasher from Play Store basically flashes the clockwork mod (cwm) aka gb recovery on your infuse to allow flashing of roms via recovery! So no need for any additional steps if you have a stock gb infuse 4g with root
24th August 2014, 06:08 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun

No! If you're on stock gb with root, sgs kernel flasher from Play Store basically flashes the clockwork mod (cwm) aka gb recovery on your infuse to allow flashing of roms via recovery! So no need for any additional steps if you have a stock gb infuse 4g with root

This worked. It seems during flashing SGS Kernel Flasher vocalizes what is happening.while display shows samsung logo. Red CWM is installed now. Thanks for the good advice
The Following User Says Thank You to Milrain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 08:12 PM |#7  
Fullmetal Jun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milrain

This worked. It seems during flashing SGS Kernel Flasher vocalizes what is happening.while display shows samsung logo. Red CWM is installed now. Thanks for the good advice

Yep! That lady's voice is sexy! Happy to help
The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 03:19 PM |#8  
warmachine20's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i means guys.. there are 5 files there.. u could of said which one to use.. smh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes