Galaxy Note 3 Mic issues

Search This thread

steve45058

Oct 31, 2012
My galaxy note 3 mic doesn't work when I try to talk on a call or using Google now. It does work when I record a video so I am wondering if there is multiple mics and what mic would I need to replace for talking on my phone.

Thanks!

wallyb132

Apr 2, 2008
Valley of the Sun
Same problem - How I resolved it

Sorry for bumping a kind of old post, but anyway...

I had the same problem with the mic not working on my note 3 since the day i bought it, I bought my Note 3 used off Craigslist, and when I got home I realized that the microphone didn't work on calls, but worked just fine on speaker phone. I was somewhat annoyed by this, thinking I got screwed on craigslist again. But instead of throwing a fit about it, I just ordered another charging port / microphone thinking that would solve the problem. I installed it when it arrived, all excited like, only to find out that this didnt fix the problem. I read several posts on this forum and others, many offering what seemed to be viable solutions, disabling noise reduction, cleaning out the mic hole with a pin and so on, none of these worked, the problem still continued.

So tonight I set out on a mission to find the cause of the problem and i did just that... I started by taking my phone apart so that I could clean the mic hole from the inside as well as cleaning the little screen / filter on the inside of the mic hole and stuff like that, I was working in an area that had awkward lighting (my patio), and so I was having to move the phone in different ways so I could see down around the microphone, while doing that I noticed the light glimmering around the area of the mic hole, on the inside, I looked a little closer and I could see that there was definitely something there. I picked at it with my tweezers and what came up, a piece of clear plastic that resembled the plastic you find wrapped around the edges of new electronics, it was about 1/8in wide and 1" long, and it was covering the mic hole.

After removing the plastic, I reassembled my phone and tested it, now the mic works great. it seems that samsung put this thin plastic there to keep things out of the microphone, and it works well, it keeps everything out of the microphone, including the sound of your voice..

Now my Note 3 is what it was supposed to be from the day I bought it, an awesome phone. Prior to tonight its been a regretful purchase and disappointing upgrade to my Note 2, which I had regretted getting rid of, until now...

TheGerman11

Jan 2, 2018
My note 3 microphone not working

Hi the same problem.as.from.previous comments could.you.please explain how you.cleaned ur microphone out so.I can see if it works I changed the microphone and still no luck kind regards

pief1234

Sep 23, 2014
Picture of the problem area?

I had the same problem with the mic not working on my note 3 since the day i bought it, I bought my Note 3 used off Craigslist, and when I got home I realized that the microphone didn't work on calls, but worked just fine on speaker phone. I was somewhat annoyed by this, thinking I got screwed on craigslist again. But instead of throwing a fit about it, I just ordered another charging port / microphone thinking that would solve the problem. I installed it when it arrived, all excited like, only to find out that this didnt fix the problem. I read several posts on this forum and others, many offering what seemed to be viable solutions, disabling noise reduction, cleaning out the mic hole with a pin and so on, none of these worked, the problem still continued.

So tonight I set out on a mission to find the cause of the problem and i did just that... I started by taking my phone apart so that I could clean the mic hole from the inside as well as cleaning the little screen / filter on the inside of the mic hole and stuff like that, I was working in an area that had awkward lighting (my patio), and so I was having to move the phone in different ways so I could see down around the microphone, while doing that I noticed the light glimmering around the area of the mic hole, on the inside, I looked a little closer and I could see that there was definitely something there. I picked at it with my tweezers and what came up, a piece of clear plastic that resembled the plastic you find wrapped around the edges of new electronics, it was about 1/8in wide and 1" long, and it was covering the mic hole.

After removing the plastic, I reassembled my phone and tested it, now the mic works great. it seems that samsung put this thin plastic there to keep things out of the microphone, and it works well, it keeps everything out of the microphone, including the sound of your voice..

Now my Note 3 is what it was supposed to be from the day I bought it, an awesome phone. Prior to tonight its been a regretful purchase and disappointing upgrade to my Note 2, which I had regretted getting rid of, until now...

Hi, thanks for great troubleshooting.
I was hoping you have a picture of the problem area, since I have an issue with my speakerphone. People cannot hear me properly when on speakerphone. I may have to fix the microphone as well on my good old Note 3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same problem - How I resolved it