Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LectureNotes app

OP NominalValue

12th November 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #951  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Auto page insert for overflowing text box?
Hi.

Here's my problem:

Using the text tool I draw a new text box and then paste some text into it. Often the text box is too small for the text I've pasted in - sometimes I paste several lines of text. I then have to drag the box to make it larger and sometimes find that the text needs to overspill onto a new page so I then have to select some of the text, cut it, do a new page, new text box on the page and then paste the text in that.

Would it be at all possible to have the following:

1) Text box automatically expands to the amount of text - an "expand to fit".

2) If the text box needs to overspill onto a new page this is done automatically.

This would make things a lot easier for those of us who use typed text as well as handwriting.

Thanks,

Phil
13th November 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #952  
Thanks Meter: 693

1,349 posts
@pgibby081965: 1. Expanding a box to fit a text is not well-defined. For instance, consider the text `first second third fourth´, this could be placed in a landscape-shaped box
Code:
first second third fourth
or in a square-shape box
Code:
first second
third fourth
or in a portrait-shaped box
Code:
first
second
third
fourth
2. Everything in LectureNotes is page-wise, including drawing tools. Furthermore, it is not obvious where to place material on the next page, as page ordering (horizontal or vertical) depends on `fit width´ or `fit height´.
30th November 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #953  
Thanks Meter: 40

36 posts
More
Unhappy Status bar notifications
I have a problem on presentation.
The new version of app (v2.6.3) with LecturePresentation (v1.0.3) excludes other apps on secondary display on my KitKat (4.4.2). That is caused by the lack of "Hide presentation" and "Show presentation" menus in the status bar notifications. Previous v2.6.2 worked well.
30th November 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #954  

1,349 posts
@Tamasaka: I am not quite sure whether I understand your description correctly, but it might be that the LecturePresentations service got stopped (this can happen for a couple of reasons, for instance low free RAM). What happens if you start the LecturePresentations app manually (which will launch LectureNotes but also restart the LecturePresentation service)? If this does not help, try a reboot, this should sort things out.
1st December 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #955  
Thanks Meter: 40

36 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid

@Tamasaka: I am not quite sure whether I understand your description correctly, but it might be that the LecturePresentations service got stopped (this can happen for a couple of reasons, for instance low free RAM). What happens if you start the LecturePresentations app manually (which will launch LectureNotes but also restart the LecturePresentation service)? If this does not help, try a reboot, this should sort things out.

Sorry for my insufficient description.
Even after rebooting the OS, the button of "Hide presentation" and "Show presentation" did not appear in the notification bar.
When I connect Tegra Note 7 to a secondary display through Miracast, the notification "LecturePresentations - Secondary display detected" is shown in the notification bar, and the primary display is mirrored to the secondary display, then I can start presentation of a notebook on the secondary display very well.
When I stop presentation, LecturePresentations logo is shown on the secondary display. But there is not a menu/button of "Hide presentation" under the notification "LecturePresentations - Secondary display detected" in the notification bar.
After exiting from LectureNote, LecturePresentations logo remains on the secondary display, but I cannot select "Hide presentation". We cannot view other apps on the secondary display.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me

Sorry for my insufficient description.
Even after rebooting the OS, the button of "Hide presentation" and "Show presentation" did not appear in the notification bar.
When I connect Tegra Note 7 to a secondary display through Miracast, the notification "LecturePresentations - Secondary display detected" is shown in the notification bar, and the primary display is mirrored to the secondary display, then I can start presentation of a notebook on the secondary display very well.
When I stop presentation, LecturePresentations logo is shown on the secondary display. But there is not a menu/button of "Hide presentation" under the notification "LecturePresentations - Secondary display detected" in the notification bar.
After exiting from LectureNote, LecturePresentations logo remains on the secondary display, but I cannot select "Hide presentation". We cannot view other apps on the secondary display.

That is my mistake. Pinch-out of the "LecturePresentations" notification showed the button of "Hide presentation".
1st December 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #956  

1,349 posts
@Tamasaka: Depending on device, Android version, and the amount of other notifications, only the main part of LecturePresentations' notification might be shown. To see the minor part in such case, you usually have to pull at the main part.
The Following User Says Thank You to acadoid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread