Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL][AOSPA] Paranoid Android 4.6 [BETA 5][10/22/2014]

OP Cryptecks

20th October 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #401  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Confirming that option one appears to have worked for me also.
4th November 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #402  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 734

479 posts
Donate to Me
More
I JUST realized that I never put this build up here on XDA, but it obviously came over OTA without a hitch. This is just here for completeness!

Dev Thread OP, PA OTA, md5, etc updated for a new build!

October 22nd, 2014 - PA 4.6 Beta 5
  • New Recents are still crashing on Evita, to bring up the option to switch back and forth, reset your 'Recents card stack view' option in Settings > Backup & Reset > Personalization and then bring up the recents screen. Select 'No' to continue using the AOSP view.
  • Provide a better flow for bar transitions and DSB
  • Add the experimental_dsb_frequency setting (for now)
  • Include a pair of themeability changes
  • Tweak OPO device-specific code
  • More changes and fixes! READ this PA G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #403  
Thanks Meter: 68

487 posts
More
Unhappy help
hi, trying to use this rom and having this issue:
qdhwcomposer hwc_blank unblanking display:0

my screen wont unblank after lock...
can u please help?

im runing the latest firmware and recovery and s-off
1st December 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #404  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 734

479 posts
Donate to Me
More
News on Me, PA 5.0 for the Evita, and Beyond

Hey everyone, I know it has gotten a little quiet in here, and the reason for that is because I ordered an AT&T LG G3 last week that will be here in a few hours. I struggled with the Nexus 6/G3 decision, and ultimately I think I made the right call based on me already owning a N7 '13 and not really needing a true phablet.

I will be posting a thread in the AT&T G3 forums in the next week or two for Paranoid Android 5.0, and will likely be maintaining the AT&T variant (D850) for the Legacy team.

What does this mean for the One X/Evita?

Thankfully, not a whole lot. I will be keeping ahold of my dear Evita, and once I have a little bit of time (hopefully soon), I am going to attempt to get Paranoid Android 5.0 going on it. Honestly, I have to thank @jrior001 for building CM12 for the Evita, proving to me that it IS possible to get some sweet Lollipop treats on our old, RAM-less device.

With the direction PA's main team usually takes with development, I can only see pain in the future as they add RAM/Processor intensive features to the ROM. These features will work splendidly on most current (2 years old or newer) devices, but not so much ours anymore. For this reason, I can see the Legacy team dropping 'Official' support for the Evita somewhere down the road. We need to trim the massive list of devices down, but we don't really want to do it if the device can still run the ROM reliably, so it's kind of still all up in the air.

If any aspiring builders have already (or would like to) build PA 5.0 for the Evita, I would love to see your work, and maybe we could talk about that person taking over some of the responsibilities around here in the future.

I have absolutely LOVED taking over from @brotherross on this project and learning from him to get started, and I couldn't ask for a more respectful and passionate little device community. If any of you are thinking of switching to the G3, that's where I will (mostly) be, but I will, of course, be a part of these forums until my Evita falls apart.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread