25th May 2014, 04:26 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi There,

I bought a Spring LG G2 LS980 on ebay with an non-working backlight with cracked screen. At the moment, I thought that the screen was broken beyond the LCD and that replacing the Screen, LCD and Backlight it would work. So I bought a new screen and replaced it like any other G2, but now the phone turns on and sounds tell me the phone is working and responding to my touch, but I can't see anything! The status LED is my only indication if the phone is off, booting, on or charging. Is this a software issue or am I gonna have to replace more chips? Thanks,

Sincerely,
Sohaib

EDIT: So i did some testing around, and it seems like the flex assembly with the power buttons gets super hot when the phone is supposed to be on. When I press on the lower right contact between the screen and the assembly, the backlight flashes for a moment, so it looks like the connector is damaged. It is a hardware issue. Thanks,

-Sohaib
Last edited by sabooakhte; 25th May 2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: New info

2nd December 2014, 03:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Smile same situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabooakhte

Hi There,

I bought a Spring LG G2 LS980 on ebay with an non-working backlight with cracked screen. At the moment, I thought that the screen was broken beyond the LCD and that replacing the Screen, LCD and Backlight it would work. So I bought a new screen and replaced it like any other G2, but now the phone turns on and sounds tell me the phone is working and responding to my touch, but I can't see anything! The status LED is my only indication if the phone is off, booting, on or charging. Is this a software issue or am I gonna have to replace more chips? Thanks,

Sincerely,
Sohaib

EDIT: So i did some testing around, and it seems like the flex assembly with the power buttons gets super hot when the phone is supposed to be on. When I press on the lower right contact between the screen and the assembly, the backlight flashes for a moment, so it looks like the connector is damaged. It is a hardware issue. Thanks,

-Sohaib

hello ! i think im in same situation right now. can you help me about what parts you have replaced thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread