Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Recovery][Mod][AOSP/SENSE]MultiROM V22 for Droid DNA(Unofficial Port)(Mar 16)

OP jamiethemorris

7th July 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 31

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris

No it doesn't make a difference. Idk why it wouldn't Mount your flash drive. FYI if you reformat data as ext4 you don't necessarily have to reflash the ROM. It should still let you get in so you can restore your sdcard data from you otg drive. Then after that I would reflash.

I think that the ROM itself is not supporting f2fs... That's the only thing I can think of. If you want you can try cm11 but I don't think that will with either. I'm gonna see if maybe I can make a flashable zip with f2fs tools.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Well, I'm glad I could at least help, I'm going to have to reflash anyway :P Like an idiot, I didn't make a backup, and I can't get past the Welcome screen because it keeps saying that it can't connect to Google.
The Following User Says Thank You to rejectedjs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 43

223 posts
More
Thanks Jamie for your work on this. Wish you'd be successful in getting this work soon
10th July 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #73  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 788

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatp

Thanks Jamie for your work on this. Wish you'd be successful in getting this work soon

You're welcome. I'm just terribly confused because nobody else with f2fs support on their device has mentioned anything about this problem. As usual the DNA has decided to be an extra pita.

29th July 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
So if I want to get this working and I'm currently on viper could I just download everything, do a backup, wipe and install AOSP, then install viper backup as a secondary in multirom recovery?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
29th July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #75  
OP Senior Member

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHD

So if I want to get this working and I'm currently on viper could I just download everything, do a backup, wipe and install AOSP, then install viper backup as a secondary in multirom recovery?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah, you should be able to restore your backup as a secondary ROM without any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiethemorris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #76  

19 posts
Sadly, I'm getting ready to sell my DNA and the buyer wants to keep it rooted but just wants regular TWRP on it, so what would be the method for removing MultiROM recovery...can I just flash the TWRP recovery image over the top and then flash a new ROM?

Sent from my Droid DNA via the XDA app.
20th October 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 125

311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHD

Sadly, I'm getting ready to sell my DNA and the buyer wants to keep it rooted but just wants regular TWRP on it, so what would be the method for removing MultiROM recovery...can I just flash the TWRP recovery image over the top and then flash a new ROM?

Uninstaller in post 2, then flash normal TWRP. Either order should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to pyroguysf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #78  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguysf

Uninstaller in post 2, then flash normal TWRP. Either order should be fine.

Aaand I'm dumb. I should have re-read the initial/2nd posts again. Thanks for indulging my silly question, and please excuse my Sunday laziness! Haha

2nd December 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #79  
OP Senior Member

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
Lollipop (at least santod's unofficial CM12 that I tested) currently does NOT install as a secondary ROM. Replacing the updater-binary and updater-script with ones from a kitkat ROM allows it to install, but it will trigger a multirom data corruption error message. I have not tried it as primary yet.
Last edited by jamiethemorris; 2nd December 2014 at 08:37 PM.
3rd December 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #80  
OP Senior Member

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
I did not have success installing it as primary either. I will be updating as soon as I have a chance. For the time being, if you want to use multirom with Lollipop, install your ROM with the latest TWRP from mdmower, reflash multirom, and move it to a secondary ROM (multirom zip will not install over a LP ROM, so it cannot be used as a primary if you want to multiboot).
Last edited by jamiethemorris; 3rd December 2014 at 12:42 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiethemorris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread