Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Mirrorlink, Car app with Alpine ICS. NO Audio! (Drivelink)

OP bda714

23rd September 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #31  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 47

158 posts
More
Thanks for coming back and giving an update. I've been putting off getting this Alpine head unit for this reason alone.

Also, I don't watch this thread as closely as my speedy reply might imply. Caught it by chance seconds after you posted it.
10th November 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Great to hear that.
Can anyone post a new update of working Mirrorlink as a flashable zip maybe? Would appreciate this.
I have M8 mini, hope there is no differences on that app.
20th November 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #33  

1 posts
MirrorLink app support
Hi.

In a short way: "HTC Car" is an app developed by HTC to support apps via MirrorLink session. I am not familiar with function.
MirrorLink by itself is divided into 1.0 (test purpouses) and 1.1 (latest version, SHOULD be in HeadUnits). 1.1 version support a BASE and a DRIVE mode. The base mode is while parking and the drive mode is while driving (more than 6kph, 3,75mph). Every app MUST support BASE mode and if you want to use it while in motion it SHALL eather support DRIVE mode. It depens on app developer because they MUST passed CCC certification (for BASE and for DRIVE mode).

DEVELOPER => APP => CCC CERTIFICATION (or OEM certification by car manufacturer) => certificate => MirrorLink supported app...
3rd December 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #34  

1 posts
Unhappy Carrier-free HTC One M8 Android 4.4.4 with Pioneer SPH-DA210 via MirrorLink?
Hi!
I see lot of knowledge here so I'll try my luck. I have Pioneer SPH-DA210 head unit with AppRadio 3 and latest firmware. I also have brand new HTC One M8, unlocked and carrier-free that I bought few days ago. It came with Android 4.4.3 SW and MirrorLink was the prime reason to buy it.

Before I connected it with head unit I pulled down updates from HTC and got very last Android version 4.4.4 with it. When I plug it to the USB port on Pioneer head unit after few seconds phone gives message "MirrorLink connected". It is also establishing bluetooth connection if it wasn't on as well as it suggests to turn data link tethering (optional). So, from the phone perspective all looks great. However, head unit does not see any device connected. It should indicate that MirrorLink device is connected, but it does not.. I tried opening Car app on the phone, before or after connecting with cable, but the outcome is the same. I also installed AppRadio app from Pioneer and tried with it. No outcome and screen mirroring.

Any idea or suggestion on ehat to do next? Thanks up-front!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alpine, car audio/video, drivelink, mirrorlink, no audio
Previous Thread Next Thread