Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] Xposed Additions mod: More versatile buttons

OP gerhardo

12th July 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #51  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

161 posts
Updated to 3.2.8, for Android <= 4.1 that could reboot when toggling apps.
I did not spend too much time on it, but did not find a way to activate closed apps, so it is scenario 1 above.

...and my TrueSmart hanged yesterday, screen off. Buttons gave haptic feedback but no action, no reboot after 15s.
I added an extra haptic feedback for longer press to see if this long-long-long press is detected at this point. I assume so, but no idea why the device did not reboot. Maybe need some other way than using the PowerManager. The firmware is crappy.
The Following User Says Thank You to gerhardo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhardo

Updated to 3.2.8, for Android <= 4.1 that could reboot when toggling apps.
I did not spend too much time on it, but did not find a way to activate closed apps, so it is scenario 1 above.

Hi. I've confirmed that device reboot no longer happens by Last application action to closed apps on GNote2(4.1.1) and HTC-J(4.0.4). Thank you very much.
10th August 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #53  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
If anyone wonders what is happening, dk_zero-cool has merged some changes in 3.3/3.4. I have reimplemented my patches for 3.3 and 3.4 and dk_zero-cool started to look at them a couple of weeks ago. (So I have implemented this 4 times now).
If no update for the merge I will probably release a new build (for 3.4) in a week or so.

Edit: 3.4.1.1 released
Last edited by gerhardo; 17th August 2014 at 05:59 PM.
26th October 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #54  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 2,142

1,095 posts
if I enable this module I lost the ability to use double tap to wake.
How can I solve?
26th October 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #55  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzolo

if I enable this module I lost the ability to use double tap to wake.
How can I solve?

What device, what ROM, what kernel, what button, what type of button?
Same with standard Xposed Additions?
Mapped double tap to Power?
Enabled debug and a logcat?
1st December 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 89

317 posts
More
Hi!

Just came here from Xposed Additions thread.

This mod looks interesting, need to test this when I got time. Problems I have with Xposed Additions (problems that makes it almost unusable for me) is that when I remap keys of my external BT keyboard I got two problems.

1. There comes huge delay to typing - when I type normal speed, letters come pretty randomly (When I type 'test' it comes 'tets' or so). But isn't this fixed on this mod since unmapped keys are not handled (well I'll find this out when I have time to try)

2. I need scandinavian keyboard layout to be able to type (need д and ц). When I enable external devices on original Xposed Additions my keyboard layout changes to EN/US without any reason. This loses those important letters from me and typing comes pain and impossible.

So what I'm trying to ask here is that are you able/interested to fix problem 2 (and 1 if it's not fixed already)

Regards
1st December 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #57  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere

So what I'm trying to ask here is that are you able/interested to fix problem 2 (and 1 if it's not fixed already)

I can see why dk_zero-cool got tired of debugging Samsung haptic feedback and I am not going to go there....
Another limiting factor is the hardware. I primarily develop on the emulator and do not have BT keyboard.
I try to balance costs from sparetime dev to the zero income I have, so I have not planned to get one either...

That said, sure. I consider looking in to this. Problem 1. works well in the emulator (GENyMotion).
For 2., GENYmotion do not support other layouts (cannot type едц at least) and standard emulator is not rooted (should be possible, have not investigated deeply).
So I cannot investigate.
However, also 2. may be handled by pass-though.

Do you need to route keyboard presses via Xposed Additions, is it not enough to untick external keyboard?
The Following User Says Thank You to gerhardo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #58  

317 posts
More
Quote:

Do you need to route keyboard presses via Xposed Additions, is it not enough to untick external keyboard?

Well, like I said I haven't got time to test this yet if problem 1 aint any problem in this mod.

The reason I 'need' external devices to be enabled is that at first place I got Xposed Additions for BT keyboard, even though it's not made for them primarily. I got Rapoo E6700 keyboard and I wanted to be able to add shortcuts and different functions to F1-F12 (and some other) keys like: opening certain apps, controlling media volume, changing display brightness, home, back, kill app, recents, etc. etc.

That keyboard aint made android in mind, but it works as it should on my Note Pro 12.2. With Xposed Additions I can make those shortcuts work, but I had that problem with lag (1) and losing едц (2) that made it unusable.

I asked dk_zero-cool about these couple of times but never got anykind response.

Now, when I got time I need to test this (tomorrow or the day after, I hope) to see if 2. is also handled by pass-through.

I'll keep you posted how it goes!

Edit

Tried this mod now.
When I check "Check Unconfigured Primary Key" typing delay is gone + 'едц' are working like they should. Now only problem I'm facing is some Fx keys are seen as double keys, like F9 = "Meta Left+Q" so when I have problems 1 and 2 fixed, I can't use all keys.
@gerhardo Is there any way to fix this. Like when you press certain key ---> module listens for multi-key event but otherwise not. "Meta left" means here Windows-button on my keyboard and obviously there's no need for that on android devices. Instead I coud use Win+'button' combination to create almost unlimited actions with this module.

Thanks anyway! Your mods made this module usable for me by fixing those two problems!!
Last edited by Spere; 2nd December 2014 at 11:11 PM.
2nd December 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #59  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere

Now only problem I'm facing is some Fx keys are seen as double keys, like F9 = "Meta Left+Q" so when I have problems 1 and 2 fixed, I can't use all keys.
@gerhardo Is there any way to fix this. Like when you press certain key ---> module listens for multi-key event but otherwise not. "Meta left" means here Windows-button on my keyboard and obviously there's no need for that on android devices. Instead I coud use Win+'button' combination to create almost unlimited actions with this module.

XA uses the key code reported by the button, so F9 to MetaLeft+Q may just be the presentation.

To use a key in multi-key combination, you must map the first key to something (actually, not entirely required, but this is quite complex, will need some time to investigate this).

If it still is an issue, you can try to enable debug and send a logcat. But I probably need a similar keyboard to get to it. So no big hopes...
3rd December 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #60  

317 posts
More
Quote:

If it still is an issue, you can try to enable debug and send a logcat. But I probably need a similar keyboard to get to it. So no big hopes...

Forget hidden part. Read again what you said and mapped Windows button to 'something'. Now everythings working fine!

Yes, played a little more with this. Now all Fuction buttons 1-12 works like they should, also was able to map Win+0-9 buttons to open apps. Thank you one more time!

What kind of log you need? I need to do something specific before sending log?

Attachment log that should go this way:

Code:
Check Unconfigured Primary Key: Unchecked

Press F11 (MetaLeft+K) [this opens recent apps]
Press Esc (Back) [to close recent apps]
Press Windows (MetaLeft)
Press Windows+K (MetaLeft+K) [this opens recent apps]
Press Esc (Back) [to close recent apps]

-----------

Check Unconfigured Primary Key: Checked

Press F11 (MetaLeft+K) [nothing happens since multikey events are ignored]
Press Windows (MetaLeft)
Press Windows+K (MetaLeft+K) [nothing happens since multikey events are ignored]
What I would like to have here is that when Unconfigured Primary Key is Checked to avoid latency and messing layout. Same time specific keys could be listened for multikey event. In my case this MetaLeft which is Windows button which keycode is 117?

And if you find out way to do this, I don't care how those specific buttons need to be 'enabled' for multi-key events. If you could enable them same way like adding new keys to Xposed Additions, or if you need to find keycode yourself and put in in configuration file somewhere on your system. Or for this particular MetaLeft, I don't care even if you hardcode it to your mod and make (or make not) an on/off switch for it.

What I'm trying to say here is. If you have time and motivation to investigate and even to do this, seeing that you don't even have BT keyboard and thus no use for this feature(?), I'm more that very thankful for you!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt XAm.txt - [Click for QR Code] (11.9 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Spere; 3rd December 2014 at 11:48 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
buttons, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread