Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Would you use AOKP running on 4.2.2, without working Camera?
Yes! Release it now! 46 39.32%
Nah. Wait until Camera is Working... 71 60.68%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][AOKP][9/8/14][4.1.2] Android Open Kang Project UNOFFICIAL [protou]

OP Chipotleez

16th November 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #271  
Flag Rožňava
Thanks Meter: 467

1,018 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garydebergerac

So, this ROM is exactly what I was looking for, although I am having one major problem. The notifications are not working in the messaging app. I also installed Textra, and it doesn't even get the messages. Anyone else come across this or have a solution?

Also had one minor thing where the dialer kept pressing * over and over all by itself, but that is minor compared to not getting notifications. Thanks in advance @Chipotleez

Dunno, I haven't had any problems with sms notifications on AOKP or Slim..

Have you tried slimbean?
16th November 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #272  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Yeah, it's pretty weird. A second message pops up if you have the messaging app open that just says no subject and has no sender, and if you select that message, the icon notification will then appear in the notifications bar (but no sound), and then once you back out of that message, the notification icon disappears.

I haven't tried slim bean yet. I'll try resintalling this one first since all my apps should be backed up and that will be a much faster restore.
16th November 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #273  

9 posts
Quote:

Yeah, it's pretty weird. A second message pops up if you have the messaging app open that just says no subject and has no sender, and if you select that message, the icon notification will then appear in the notifications bar (but no sound), and then once you back out of that message, the notification icon disappears.

I haven't tried slim bean yet. I'll try resintalling this one first since all my apps should be backed up and that will be a much faster restore.

Works in Slimbean, so fingers crossed that I am done flashing ROMs. Looks like it has all I need as well, so I'll probably just stay on it.
17th November 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #274  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 388

262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, this ROM is exactly what I was looking for, although I am having one major problem. The notifications are not working in the messaging app. I also installed Textra, and it doesn't even get the messages. Anyone else come across this or have a solution?

Also had one minor thing where the dialer kept pressing * over and over all by itself, but that is minor compared to not getting notifications. Thanks in advance @Chipotleez

Hmmm, I haven't been able to replicate the missing notifications issue... If you could send a logcat through it would be brilliant.

Glad to see you managed to install the rom, I haven't looked at this thread for a few weeks. Just as a little tip, a far more fluid and optimised rom that is still AOSP for the Desire X is Slimbean that I have also made. I haven't really touched this rom for 3 months. Sorry, didn't read next few posts

Thanks,
Joe
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipotleez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #275  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotleez

Hmmm, I haven't been able to replicate the missing notifications issue... If you could send a logcat through it would be brilliant.

Glad to see you managed to install the rom, I haven't looked at this thread for a few weeks. Just as a little tip, a far more fluid and optimised rom that is still AOSP for the Desire X is Slimbean that I have also made. I haven't really touched this rom for 3 months. Sorry, didn't read next few posts

Thanks,
Joe

Yeah, I was going to ask you about that; Slimbean says its version is 0.1 while AOKP is 1.0, yet Slimbean seems much more stable. If the logcat is saved in a backup, I'd be happy to send it, but if not, I probably don't have it. If it is, just let me know where it is and I'll extract it.

Thanks for all your work on this. I chose this phone because it seemed "enough" after breaking my two other phones, but the ROM selection is slim, pun intended, and those white menus and no quick settings in stock are just unbearable.
2nd December 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #276  

2 posts
Thumbs up
Please tell me when will be release 4.2.2?)
2nd December 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #277  
Flag Rožňava
Thanks Meter: 467

1,018 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim@Deineka

You asked same thing in Slim thread.
There's no sources for 10.2 yet
Last edited by //.dax; 2nd December 2014 at 10:58 PM.
2nd December 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #278  
Thanks Meter: 6

70 posts
Hahaha are you kidding?
3rd December 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #279  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 388

262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim@Deineka

Please don't ask these kind of questions

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android open kang project, aokp, desire x, htc, htc desire x
Previous Thread Next Thread