No registration required

Bad call quality

OP kuass

12th November 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy Problem Z2
Hi,

I have problem with incoming call sound quality, I can hear them but there is some hiss and scratchy sound that I hear most of the time. I have been to my poor agent in Bahrain many times and they have changed the mother board twice but still the problem exists !. finally they have decided to change the full unit, and surprisingly the same problem occurred on the first call !!!. I was thinking that the quality of Sony Z2 is bad however, but my friend has Z1 and I have used it and the sound is very clear. !. I
I took my Z2 to another agent we have in Bahrain and they have tested the phone and they said that there is problem on the speakers. but they can not repair it because of my warranty is under the first agent !. So I took it back to the first agent and they are not willing to repair my phone. I have complaint this to Sony since 23rd Oct 2014 but still no reply ! all what I receive from Sony is that we will investigate. my request No. is 1-2167511972.
Any one can speed up my complaint ! I think Sony you know very well that there are many phones having this kind of problems and you need to act faster to satisfy your customers !. now almost three months passed and I do not use the this phone and also the value of Z2 has gone down !
13th November 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Talking I solved the problem!!!
I had the same problem . the sound of my voice was really bad,muffled. my husband disassembled the phone . he cleaned the microphone connector . There was a sort of glue that made by the cap. He removed it with petrol lighters . now It is really ok. the phone is new!!!!
29th November 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 12

33 posts
More
I'm unsure when this issue surfaced whether it was there before, but I recall some people saying they couldn't hear well.

It's been for repair for unrelated issues and was returned a week later in this month. The issue has got so bad the person said I wasn't speaking English anymore.

The new firmware it came back with

23.0.1.A.0.167, may have made it worse. Such a disappointment from being the best phone ever to not a usable voice phone without a headset (wired or Bluetooth). The microphone can record and perform better with apps however 3g network calls is very difficult to impossible without a headset mic. How can they get this so wrong.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd December 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #54  
Flag Battipaglia
Thanks Meter: 260

1,045 posts
Donate to Me
I discovered that the problem of the microphone depends on how high we set the listening volume. More lower the volume during the call, and the caller more we feel better. Try!
I doubt that suppression noises like it was always active
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread