Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][4.4.4]09/10[CrossCompiled][CyanogenMod11w/Sabermod,Linaro-03][Semi-nightlies]

OP rogersb11

1st December 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #781  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 2,438

1,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virajjjj

I know that you are busy with your other works but can you please port cm11 m12 for the phone. I like your cyanidemod rom and slimrom, but i like more the raw cm11 with no extra mod. I am sure that other guys also need the m12. Sorry for posting this development thread. But please can you tell if you will work on this project or not. Thank you

I don't have time right now. You guys realize you can run the i9100 build right?! You just need to flash my kernel over the top. Next if you say you'd rather run stock kernel then I don't know what to tell you. My kernel has better battery life sk no excuses lol

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #782  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis

1,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walttheboss

Rogersb. My offer still stands to loan you an i777 till June.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Found out I can fix my device. I just need a $20 dollar part. Unfortunately work (side job construction) is slow and with Christmas coming I can't do it ATM. I'll get around to it tho first of the year tho. Seems a better option because I don't want to risk your device. Granted the odds of me bricking are basically zero but I would feel terrible if it happened. You guys here are my favorites. N2 work has stepped up but I love you guys so much that I can't just leave. Not while some of you are still here. I plan to be around to bring shift cm12 kernel and a stable lollipop. I won't be going anywhere until then, even if I'm not around quite as often. I've got a new kernel/recovery I'm going to release in next couple days. Razen been running it for a week and it will raise your available ram to 794. With some other stuff too of course

Last edited by rogersb11; 1st December 2014 at 09:29 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #783  
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 522

523 posts
More
@rogersb11 likes us. He really likes us!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #784  
Thanks Meter: 42

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersb11

I don't have time right now. You guys realize you can run the i9100 build right?! You just need to flash my kernel over the top. Next if you say you'd rather run stock kernel then I don't know what to tell you. My kernel has better battery life sk no excuses lol

I didn't know about that. I have two questions: It'd we do that, will it show the device as i777 or i9100? Is it possible to extract the kernel from previous i777 builds that you did?
2nd December 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #785  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis

1,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar

I didn't know about that. I have two questions: It'd we do that, will it show the device as i777 or i9100? Is it possible to extract the kernel from previous i777 builds that you did?

9100 in settings but 777 in recovery. Of course you can extract it but for the life of me I have NO IDEA why you'd rather run the cm kernel. My source is WAY more up to date than theirs. Especially when it comes to s2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #786  

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersb11

9100 in settings but 777 in recovery. Of course you can extract it but for the life of me I have NO IDEA why you'd rather run the cm kernel. My source is WAY more up to date than theirs. Especially when it comes to s2

Thanks a lot! I totally get you. I am planning on going with the SHIFT kernel to get the M12 snapshot, but it's good to know about the CM kernel option, just in case for resale purposes.

So just to be clear, I can flash the following things on my I777 and be good to go:
cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-i9100.zip
Shift-5.0.zip

Also, am I able to do this by simply dirty-flashing over the M10 version that you built specifically for I777 a couple of months ago?

Thanks in advance!
3rd December 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #787  
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 522

523 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar

Thanks a lot! I totally get you. I am planning on going with the SHIFT kernel to get the M12 snapshot, but it's good to know about the CM kernel option, just in case for resale purposes.

So just to be clear, I can flash the following things on my I777 and be good to go:
cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-i9100.zip
Shift-5.0.zip

Also, am I able to do this by simply dirty-flashing over the M10 version that you built specifically for I777 a couple of months ago?

Thanks in advance!

You are also going to need to copy the touchkey layout files from your current CM or you won't be able to use them. Unless Shift flashed those in the process too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #788  

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekyNimrod

You are also going to need to copy the touchkey layout files from your current CM or you won't be able to use them. Unless Shift flashed those in the process too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks. I have no idea, so I'll wait for @rogersb11 to respond to this one.

By the way, I remember why I went back to CM kernel on my M10 snapshot after using SHIFT for a week--Bluetooth music streaming to my car's audio was stuttery and clicky at times, when using the same CPU governor (Pegasushq) or a different one (zzmoove or ondemand) . I was not sure there if there was a tweak for it, but I since switched back to CM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread