Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung ATIV SE - No internt sharing

OP fruehling

7th June 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 250

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruehling

Thanks for that! The process worked and got me almost there.

Ok! Super progress here. This is what you need to add for the Samsung ATIV SE

// Replace oemId=Samsung with oemId=NOKIA
oSession.PathAndQuery = oSession.PathAndQuery.Replace ("oemId=SAMSUNG", "oemId=NOKIA");
// Replace the device model with the dm for the Nokia 925 (AT&T / North America):
oSession.PathAndQuery = oSession.PathAndQuery.Replace ("dm=ATIV%20SE", "dm=RM-893_nam_att_206");

Note the CAPS for the oemId.

I installed Access Point (along with some other cool Nokia Apps). I went to enable Internet Sharing, but now I have a new message:
Add Internet sharing?
"Your current data plan doesn't include Internet Sharing (it does). Do you want to open an app from your mobile operator to add it? Internet sharing use your cellular data and may incur additional charges."

Any ideas where to go from here? Clicking Yes does nothing. So does clicking no.

At this point, I'd call T-Mobile and see if they can double-check everything on their end. They might need to reprovision your data services. I had a similar issue with my old iPhone when I added the 500MB tethering option.

They do have an "access point" app (I forget what it is called) that comes pre-installed on their phones. (Literally useless, it is so when you click Yes on the "learn more" button" it tells you to call customer care to enable internet sharing. I always delete it off of mine when I restore from stock).

That is another fun trick: to get rid of apps you can't uninstall, set the date and time on your phone to later than 2200 and click on the app...it will tell you that it expired and give you the option to uninstall it!

Let me know how you make out!
22nd August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #12  
Flag WISCONSIN!!!
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
fruehling,
Did you ever get this solved? I'm planning on getting this phone too, but for use on At&t. I hope I don't run into the same problem. But I do have some questions to ask you, I hope you don't mind answering....1) Does the voice call works as any unlocked phone? .... 2) Can T-Mobile detect that you're using an ATIV SE? Or does T-Mobile says you have an Unknown device when you check your online account? Thanks!
4th December 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 11

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruehling

Thanks for that! The process worked and got me almost there.

Ok! Super progress here. This is what you need to add for the Samsung ATIV SE

// Replace oemId=Samsung with oemId=NOKIA
oSession.PathAndQuery = oSession.PathAndQuery.Replace ("oemId=SAMSUNG", "oemId=NOKIA");
// Replace the device model with the dm for the Nokia 925 (AT&T / North America):
oSession.PathAndQuery = oSession.PathAndQuery.Replace ("dm=ATIV%20SE", "dm=RM-893_nam_att_206");

Note the CAPS for the oemId.

I installed Access Point (along with some other cool Nokia Apps). I went to enable Internet Sharing, but now I have a new message:
Add Internet sharing?
"Your current data plan doesn't include Internet Sharing (it does). Do you want to open an app from your mobile operator to add it? Internet sharing use your cellular data and may incur additional charges."

Any ideas where to go from here? Clicking Yes does nothing. So does clicking no.

If you are in Dev Preview.. try the foreign sim trick
if not just install a new keyboard.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread