OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord
Thanks Meter: 2,274

770 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ady

Yeah, I figured they weren't part of coreutils, but they are useful tools for us linux folks .
Indeed, they would be better off under an umbrella project, with coreutils as a piece of the puzzle

I will expand this project to GNU softwares on Android when I found some times I 'm really busy now with school, programming projects, .... .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alireza7991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #32  
Flag some where in INDIA
Thanks Meter: 797

968 posts
More
great work .will be much greater when it's complete hats off for your project
The Following User Says Thank You to ArjunrambZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #33  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 154

644 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ady

Yeah, I figured they weren't part of coreutils, but they are useful tools for us linux folks .
Indeed, they would be better off under an umbrella project, with coreutils as a piece of the puzzle

It will be great add on to cu

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to aLNG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord

770 posts
Donate to Me
More

I 've just started the new project and I have ported 7 GNU softwares now
see a demo here :

http://zxc-ma.tk/goa/index.php

I will add a new thread for this project. then cu will be moved there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alireza7991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord

770 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649724
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alireza7991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Modding.MyMind
26th September 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I'm wanting to see coreutils become more popular for android use. To be frank on the matter, busybox is great, but as stated in the OP, it is stripped down which I am becoming to learn more and more how annoying that is. So, coreutils is a must for me now. Great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Hi, I actually had the same idea as you and started working on porting some GNU programs over to Android. I started out because I wanted GnuPG on Android 5.0 and the one on Google Play from the Gaurdian Project wasn't compiled for PIE (Position Independent Executable) which is required as of 5.0. Anyway I got GPG and Bash compiled (those were pretty easy) and then figured I'd go further and try to port over GNU Coreutils. I ran into some trouble compiling and then saw that you've already done it.

Where I'm stuck at the moment is on lib/fseeko.c. I took a peek at your github but it doesn't I don't see any of the FILE related sources in your lib/ Were you able to get those files to compile or did you just exclude them from your build? This code is pretty cryptic with #ifdefs out the wazoo for about 10 different implementations of <stdlib.h> for various OS's. I was able to get the first few files to compile (freading.c, freadahead.c, freadptr.c) by adding "defined __ANDROID__" to the "defined __DragonFly__" branch since Android's C library is based off BSD's. I also had to remove the underscore from the fp_ variable. That worked pretty well until I got to fseeko line 73 "fp_ub._base == NULL" variable is undeclared :/

I'm cloning your git at the moment so maybe I'll try compiling that and find my answers there but anyway if I do get this working I was planning on making an installer app and posting it on Google Play to make it easy for people to be able to install these GNU CLI programs. I could actually go ahead and post GPG and Bash if people are interested since I already have working builds of those.

EDIT: I actually have more questions than answers from your git sources now... you've removed the ./configure script... and there's no makefile. How am I even supposed to build this?
Last edited by weirddan455; 4th December 2014 at 10:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to weirddan455 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 108

600 posts
Are these still pertinent for 5.0/5.0.1?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gnu, utils
Previous Thread Next Thread