No registration required

[Q] Network problem with T-mobile sim card on VZW Note 2

OP eastdeal

9th February 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Please help the frustrated me

I put a T-mobile sim card on my VZW Note 3 and added an APN to for the mobile network, the 4G LTE flag shows up in the status bar as expected. The only problem is: when it uses data network instead of WIFI, all non-http network connections seem to get blocked and the only thing I can do is to use the browser to surf Internet. All other apps such as WeChat, Skype don't work at all. WeChat keeps reporting "Server access failure (1, -10087)".

I suspect there's a firewall built in the T-mobile data network but couldn't find any settings about it.

Does any expert here know to solve the problem?

Thanks!
1st April 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastdeal

I put a T-mobile sim card on my VZW Note 3 and added an APN to for the mobile network, the 4G LTE flag shows up in the status bar as expected. The only problem is: when it uses data network instead of WIFI, all non-http network connections seem to get blocked and the only thing I can do is to use the browser to surf Internet. All other apps such as WeChat, Skype don't work at all. WeChat keeps reporting "Server access failure (1, -10087)".

I suspect there's a firewall built in the T-mobile data network but couldn't find any settings about it.

Thanks!

Did you ever get it to work? I'm experiencing the same issue with my note 3 from VZW.
27th November 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
Server Access Error (-1,10087) with WeChat \ HTC One M8 \ T-Mobile
I have been getting the same error ever since Android was updated from 4.3 to 4.4.*.

I have WeChat on a HTC One M8 on T-Mobile. Works fine on WiFi, but not on direct connect to T-Mobile's LTE network. T-Mobile doesn't have any ideas what could be causing this except to say it is either WeChat, Android, or HTC.

T-Mobile did give me a brand new HTC One M8 thinking a new phone may help, but I still run into the same issues.

I have full use of Internet, email and messaging, but WeChat will not connect via the T-Mobile network. It appears WeChat may be getting blocked by T-Mobile when accessing via the HTC One M8 as there are a few things occurring:

1. Continually receiving an error: Server Access Error (-1,10087). Only occurs when there is no WiF and trying to connect through T-Mobile’s data network.
2. Cannot request a TEXT to be sent to me under the Password Recovery feature. It says a text is being sent but none come through.
3. The same with the request a phone call Password Recover feature. It says to expect a call but none come.
4. When sending a data report, it will get to 95% uploaded and then freeze and never finishes.

Any thoughts on how to correct this?
27th November 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastdeal

Thanks!

Did you check to see if you have a proxy in your apn settings? That would cause a such a condition if you have a proxy in your tmobile apn settings.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417067055813.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	3036017  
5th December 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #5  

14 posts
Same thing for me on Tmobile M8 using We Chat. If I go into the settings and turn off and on Mobile Data, it will work for a few minutes and then revert back to the server error.

I definitely believe it has to deal with something on Tmobile's network but their support doesn't have an answer. Someone please help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread