Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.1+] Javelin Browser - Adblock, KitKat Transparency, VPN, True Multi-tasking

OP javelinbrowser

27th October 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #261  
Thanks Meter: 87

285 posts
Awesome Browser. Loads pages very fast. Awesome design, buyed pro immedialy, But: On my tegra 3 it is very laggy. On my tablet (MTK 6589) it is very fluid. I hope you can increase smoothness on t3 devices. Because Lightning runs very well on tablet. Phone is an Optimus 4XHD (T3 1.5GHz , 1GB of RAM)
27th October 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #262  
Thanks Meter: 118

1,279 posts
Donate to Me
i did a factory reset on the phone but i saved the file sdcard/javelin/javelin_bookmarks. i try to move it in the same folder after wipe but i can't see my bookmarks. Any solution?
28th October 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #263  
Thanks Meter: 399

2,046 posts
Do you also have crazy Ram drain with Javelin 4.1.3?
Only by opening a few tabs, I lose immediately like 250-350mb of Ram.
Only for this reason I can't make Javelin my default browser.

Unleashed from Onda v957m
29th October 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #264  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,802

4,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASTAVIPER

Do you also have crazy Ram drain with Javelin 4.1.3?
Only by opening a few tabs, I lose immediately like 250-350mb of Ram.
Only for this reason I can't make Javelin my default browser.

133Mb with 3 tabs here. FYI v4.1.4 is available.
Last edited by Primokorn; 29th October 2014 at 09:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #265  
Thanks Meter: 750

2,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinbrowser

Hi guys,

It is my opinion that mobile browsers on Android suck because most of them are focused on feature count over ACTUAL mobile usability -- With most mobile browsers to be just a desktop browser squeezed into a small screen.

So I built Javelin Browser, extending from the very great code-base of Lightning Browser. Like Lightning Browser, Javelin is light-weight, and super-fast.

But that is nowhere enough. To get the mobile part right, hereís what I did.

• MINIMAL DESIGN to be minimalistic, intuitive, and beautiful.
  • ADDED ADBLOCK natively, using the implementation of Adblock Plus with Easylist.
  • ONE-TOUCH gesture per action
  • READ EASILY with a reading mode just like Pocket app, Instapaper, Readability, etc.

Download now: Search for Javelin Browser on Google Play

Official Website: JavelinBrowser.com

My email address: hello@javelinbrowser.com

Click here for more images.

This is an on-going project. As of April 2014, this is my second month into this. Iím commited to the Javelin project for at least the next 2 years. Let me know what you think!

Next release:
  • Fully featured Omnibox (It'll resemble that more of Firefox rather than Chrome - The suggestions will will lean slightly towards web-history/bookmarks over than web-search)
  • Bookmarks.. Chrome Bookmarks import for one. (I personally want this)

In the pipeline:

* Javelin on Android Wear
* Link Bubble: Oh man, I love the idea. But it is really just chatheads + preloading of URLs and showing an overlay of a webview. It lacks a full browser backend. So yes. I plan to implement some sort of Chathead + Preloading feature in the very near future.

----

Addendum (full disclosure):

- Javelin is a forked project of Lightning Browser, under Apache License 2.0. Here's the link to the repo: https://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser

- As is with the app permissions, the app does register your email addresses to identify you as a user, and from time-to-time, you might receive a newsletter that you can opt-out anytime.

Hey mateim loving this browser it's fast and looks great but I have 2 small issues, the first is the ad blocker misses some ads on some site but it does seem to get most though, and second when I synced my chrome bookmarks it put them all there in perfect order but right at the bottom there is lots of duplicate bookmarks over and over again but this is still my favourite browser
2nd November 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #266  
Thanks Meter: 399

2,046 posts
So I made a comparison with Lightning Browser by opening this link with both browsers.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.seriesguide

Lightning needed 200mb
Javelin needed 320mb at first and then stopped at 260mb

Can you try also?

3rd November 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #267  
Thanks Meter: 750

2,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
my problem with lightning is that you cant import or sync your desktop bookmarks
2nd December 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #268  
Thanks Meter: 8

11 posts
Quote:

Also I didn't realize AdGuard had a mobile version; I thought it was PC only currently?

Version for Android devices was released in November.
Available on official website.
5th December 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #269  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
A great start. I think this browser has the opportunity to make waves. A personal gripe that prevents me from using it is that I can't get it to run in full screen mode (maybe I'm doing something wrong?). I force fullscreen on my phone using gmd. Other apps fill the screen but javelin leaves an empty bar on top (image attached). Can you please suggest a solution?

A second feature I think could really distinguish Javelin from the masses of browser apps would be an option to move the search/address bar and navigation controls to the bottom of the screen (and have them rise above the keyboard when typing). As we trend towards larger phones it's inconvenient to reach up to the top of the screen to enter a search. Have spoken to a number of people who would second this feature request, supply and you've got yourself a winner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-05-09-38-33.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	3049018  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread