No registration required

[KNOX] S4 mini and Knox

OP Aronuser

30th September 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

0x1 is only about warranty and knox stuff which can't be used anymore as written in the OP, downgrading from kitkat stock is possible if you skip flashing the bootloader again.

I've installed UAMH2, does not contain knox, and now both kernel lock and warranty void are 0xfffffffc:
link s27.postimg.org/ie6s06wab/9192_knox.jpg

also phone cannot boot, stuck with:
link s1.postimg.org/evk7wa3f3/9192_UAMH2.jpg

reinstalling UCNG2 they "revert" to kernel 0x0 and warranty 0x1 ....
27th October 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Knox trip
Hello, i am new here and i have some questions about knox. My s4's mini battery is draining very bad and i read that a custom rom like cm will give me battery results. I want to ask if it worth to trip knox for installing a custom rom and if i will get better battery.
Thanks and sorry is i am off topic.
28th October 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 41

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimikoza

Hello, i am new here and i have some questions about knox. My s4's mini battery is draining very bad and i read that a custom rom like cm will give me battery results. I want to ask if it worth to trip knox for installing a custom rom and if i will get better battery.

IMHO it makes more sense to discover the tools which help you determine the apps which cause the drain and how to tame them. From my experience with CM11 on my last phone the problems don't magically dissolve with a new ROM. Actually with my i9195 running on stock ROM I now have more overall stability than before with CM11. The crucial point is to know the tools for analysis and taming. I'm using greenify with the corresponding xposed module and occasionally I'm using Advanced Task Killer to stop everything I don't absolutely need, in cases where I have the impression that something sucks. And I use titanium backup to freeze apps which I absolutely don't need.
5th December 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #74  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
On i9195 i have knox kernel 0x0 and knox warranty void 0x1 (in download mode), whereas in boot i have "set warranty bit: kernel) message. This is after i flashed cwm and LP. No functionality glitches so far.
5th December 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #75  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimikoza

Try f4k's lollipop. I have it on i9195 for some weeks now and, combined with UCNK5 modem i have a nice battery life now. Check that thread as it contains tweaking infos also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-05-12-26-29.png
Views:	294
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	3049168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-05-04-46-35.png
Views:	290
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	3049169  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags