No registration required

[Q] Question regarding S5 - G9009D Dual Sim

OP mgmartini

25th May 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi.

I have just brought from China a G9009D Dual Sim Galaxy S5 and just now I realized that it has a "China Use Only Sim Slot - CDMA".

I am from Brazil and I was wishing to use 2 different numbers on it (3G).

Is anyone researching if there a way to change this? I.e: Make both Sim card slots 3G and Quadband?

Thank you!
2nd July 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Anyone can help?
6th August 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #3  

5 posts
Rooting G9009D
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmartini

Anyone can help?

Can any of the Android Gurus provide a step-by-step procedure to root the G5 Dual Sim (G9009D) UAE version?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by vishbin; 6th August 2014 at 01:21 PM.
6th August 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmartini

I have just brought from China a G9009D Dual Sim Galaxy S5 and just now I realized that it has a "China Use Only Sim Slot - CDMA".

I am from Brazil and I was wishing to use 2 different numbers on it (3G).

Is anyone researching if there a way to change this? I.e: Make both Sim card slots 3G and Quadband?

You probably can't do that. Only one slot is GSM, the other is CDMA. You'd need a different model to support two GSM numbers.. the sm-900fd duos appears to have dual GSM SIM slots.

In any event, there is a thread that collates all of the information on the Chinese model that you have. Do a search and look for details there. You'd also find a better audience for your model as the people in that thread have the same goals and model as you.

5th December 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
I unlocked my s5 sm-g9009d
Here is the solution

1- In the dial pad, enter "* # 0011 #", will enter ServiceMode interface (if no response, just wait a while and try again)
2- Click on the top right corner of the three-point menu, press Click "Back", then click on menu, select "Key Input", enter a capital Q, point "OK", and then point to the menu, select "Key Input", enter "000000", click "OK".
3- patiently waiting for 5-10 seconds, will enter the "Main Menu" menu, click "[2] UE SETTINGS & INFO", "[1] SETTING", "[1] PROTOCOL", "[3] CDMA" , "[9] CTC SIM LOCK", "[1] SIM Lock", "[2] Disable SIM Lock is"
4- when you see the future "SIM Lock is Disabled", turn off the phone, insert your UIM in slot one.

It should work now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread