Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to use an Ethernet USB adapter with Xperia V?

OP grisu59964

30th April 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Paderborn
Thanks Meter: 19

59 posts
More
Hi there,

I'd like to use an USB adapter to connect my Xperia V to my LAN. I've already bought an adapter with AX88178 chipset which works perfectly in combination with a Xperia Z1 Compact and a Nexus 10 tablet, but when I connect it to the XV, the LED of the adapter flashes for the fraction of a second and then it turns off completely. The phone shows no reaction.
Firmwares I have tried: Stock 9.2.A.1.210 (4.3) and 9.1.A.1.141 (4.1), CM 10.2 and CM 11.

Has anyone successfully connected an Ethernet adapter to his phone? I could return my adapter and buy another one if any other would work.
Thanks in advance!

Regards
6th December 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
ethernet with xperia z1 compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by grisu59964

Hi there,

I'd like to use an USB adapter to connect my Xperia V to my LAN. I've already bought an adapter with AX88178 chipset which works perfectly in combination with a Xperia Z1 Compact and a Nexus 10 tablet, but when I connect it to the XV, the LED of the adapter flashes for the fraction of a second and then it turns off completely. The phone shows no reaction.
Firmwares I have tried: Stock 9.2.A.1.210 (4.3) and 9.1.A.1.141 (4.1), CM 10.2 and CM 11.

Has anyone successfully connected an Ethernet adapter to his phone? I could return my adapter and buy another one if any other would work.
Thanks in advance!

Regards

Does the usb ethernet adapeter work on stock rom without rootin on xperia z1 compact ?
6th December 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Paderborn
Thanks Meter: 19

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakmehta

Does the usb ethernet adapeter work on stock rom without rootin on xperia z1 compact ?

Yes, the adapter works out of the box without rooting the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread