[dev] B2g OS (boot to gecko) port for galaxy s i9000

Search This thread

rtznprmpftl

Mar 29, 2012
I'm searching for a new life for my old i9000 .
Im a linux sysop guy, have quite a knoledge about linux, but nothing about devices like mobile phone.

BUT im quite interested in firefox OS , so if anyone could help to bring this project back alive, please drop me an email: rtznprmpftl@betrolltes-wohnen.de

I can Provide a build server, download mirrors etc and much help in everything but at the moment i cant figure out how t build an image,
if someone can help me how to build those images i promise that i will provide nightly images and try to get fixes upstream.

Greetings,

nicolas

kevinrus123

Jun 9, 2013
Braunau am Inn
I'm searching for a new life for my old i9000 .
Im a linux sysop guy, have quite a knoledge about linux, but nothing about devices like mobile phone.

BUT im quite interested in firefox OS , so if anyone could help to bring this project back alive, please drop me an email: rtznprmpftl@betrolltes-wohnen.de

I can Provide a build server, download mirrors etc and much help in everything but at the moment i cant figure out how t build an image,
if someone can help me how to build those images i promise that i will provide nightly images and try to get fixes upstream.

Greetings,

nicolas

PN me for a guide ;)

JLIT99

Apr 6, 2013
Sorry to bump such an old thread. But I was wondering how difficult it would be to create a full Firefox OS ROM (that doesn't need hardware modding to run the Nexus S bootloader like the video above had to run it.) Surely if the hardware is already supported, most of the work is done?

Since the new versions of Android are just too slow on the Galaxy S, but low end Firefox OS phones are still being sold with lower specs than our S, I see some real potential to keep the phone alive with an up to date OS. Maybe we can get a few more years out of the device this way!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I said, I'll take a look and see how far I can get. Can't promise it will go anywhere.

I've had a look through and all their documentation is specifically for the sgs2, which is why the probably already have a build up and running, so this could be more complicated than I initially thought. However, after a quick scan through I can see some crespo stuff(nexus s).

Honestly, don't depend on me. I can have a look through and see how it works, but probably someone more fit for the job than me would be better at this.
    I'm free tomorrow, I'll have a look at this. Might be out of my spectrum but hey, it could be fun ! =)
    updated Summary

Logo (thanks to diklooc)
    _________

boot2galaxy.png

[It isn't a real Screenshot :)]
    [I put just two Images together 1. One [Link] & 2. One [Link] with Photoshop]

So first of all i started a post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526726

and i was curiose if anyone here could help "us" to get things work ,..

i really hope someone can help

For Developers which want try to port:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Moz...sung_Galaxy_S2
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G
    https://github.com/andreasgal/B2G
    As I said, I'll take a look and see how far I can get. Can't promise it will go anywhere.
    a little Summary & Co.

a little Summary of the Project :D

Logo
    _________
    I had a little free-time, so I made a logo. But I can't decide between the name "Boot 2 Galaxy" & "Galaxy Fox".
    galaxyfox.png
    boot2galaxy.png

My Development Status
    -But I've got only at the weekend Time

## For those people which has got hope on me, they should be patient

#### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### ####