Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unroot G3 to apply OTA

OP antigravity

26th July 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi guys, I tried this out but it doesn't work. I've unrooted via Super SU and all but whenever I try to upgrade using PC Suite, still won't work. Help please?? I've reset it as well but it still says it's rooted. Huhuhu
26th July 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 211

1,170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

There isn't a custom recovery.....hasn't been posted yet at least ...

No one has even said if bootloader is locked or not
Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

T-Mo version seems to have one since it shipped with an unlocked bootloader. Woo!
12th September 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #43  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
More
Delete Xposed?
I wonder what would happen if you were to deleted Xposed and then try the OTA. Has anyone tried this?
13th September 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

I would say you would need to unroot and/or find a modified package you can flash through recovery on a rooted device. If you want to return to stock there are the required files in the Dev forum.

I went into superSu and used the unroot option, it worked for me, just tocmake sure, i used root checker, and titanium backup, and both said i was not rooted, so mayb u can try that..
7th December 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #45  

3 posts
Lg G3 rooted, OTA unable to reenable
LG G3 D850 ATT
StumpRoot

A few weeks ago I had used the hidden menu to disable OTA's, and had also disabled com.lge.lgfota.permission

Wanting now to reverse this, I reenabled the above and rebooted, but update button is missing and OTA's are inoperative. Any suggestions?
7th December 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 375

969 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilota72

LG G3 D850 ATT
StumpRoot

A few weeks ago I had used the hidden menu to disable OTA's, and had also disabled com.lge.lgfota.permission

Wanting now to reverse this, I reenabled the above and rebooted, but update button is missing and OTA's are inoperative. Any suggestions?

You on stock? If you are you could use lg pc suite and restore upgrade errors which would sort that and reinstall all the LG bloat. Probably another easier way but I don't know it. Just curious as to why you wanna take an ota?
7th December 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #47  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p70shooter

You on stock? If you are you could use lg pc suite and restore upgrade errors which would sort that and reinstall all the LG bloat. Probably another easier way but I don't know it. Just curious as to why you wanna take an ota?

Yes, I'm stock. I had originally elected to disable OTA as it was nagging me with auto failed updates and reboots. As I use SurperSu in survival mode, I'm not really worried about losing my root, and as 5.0 should be coming soon via OTA, I thought it would be good to have it back.
7th December 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 375

969 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilota72

Yes, I'm stock. I had originally elected to disable OTA as it was nagging me with auto failed updates and reboots. As I use SurperSu in survival mode, I'm not really worried about losing my root, and as 5.0 should be coming soon via OTA, I thought it would be good to have it back.

Trouble is if you take the 5 ota there is no root and a big chance that you will never have root again. Also a high chance that lg will be block rollback as well so you might be stuck on lollipop with no root and no chance of root. I would keep your root and flash the 5 roms that are out there now but it all depends on how precious root is to you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread