Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

G900M - Problem with OTA update

OP mrhizzo

13th May 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

93 posts
Hi.

I don't know if someone can help me, but I really don't know what to do with this problem.

I bought one G900M (version from Brazil) on the release date and after a few weeks I install a custom rom and the TWRP recovery.
The problem is: I tried to go back to the stock ROM, but I still have the recovery with the CUSTOM "mark".

I tried to re install many times, do a wipe/format from the recovery, with no success.
I always receive the message when I try update the phone by OTA what say "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading...

I appreciate any help.
13th May 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 376

765 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhizzo

Hi.

I don't know if someone can help me, but I really don't know what to do with this problem.

I bought one G900M (version from Brazil) on the release date and after a few weeks I install a custom rom and the TWRP recovery.
The problem is: I tried to go back to the stock ROM, but I still have the recovery with the CUSTOM "mark".

I tried to re install many times, do a wipe/format from the recovery, with no success.
I always receive the message when I try update the phone by OTA what say "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading...

I appreciate any help.

You tripped Knox when you rooted. There's no way to undo this.
13th May 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum

But I'm not talking about Knox. I'm talking about the OTA update.
I reinstall the original firmware, stock version. Should work, no? Or Samsung changed the things again?
5th September 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

210 posts
Im with a similar problem... root my device now OTA dont work... i think maybe someone has a flashable original firmware and you patch the same way you root your device.... Other option is ODIN restore to default :/ wich nobody want that
8th September 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Its true
If you want to update Just download the stock firmware ( samobile ) and flash with odin
7th December 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

71 posts
Not true. My knox is still 0x0, I have root, but i have the same message from OTA.

The ART is the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to ionutmaruta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread