No registration required

Lg phones apn type grayed out

OP Firebourne

23rd October 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtifuljoe71

I will say this though, using a recovery is very useful. It allows you to make a nandroid backup. Which is a one off backup copy of your phone. If something ever goes wrong, or you get stuck in a bootloop, you can always use your recovery to go back.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Go to the task manager and close out the app. Then reopen it.

That fixed it and I fixed my mms problem! I sent and received a picture in a text! TY so much!

This phone came preinstalled with AT&T phonebook and everytime I try to select a contact to call the AT&T phonebook takes over and takes me online to sign up for it (although there is no link there and nothing I can do). When I first got this phone I spent hours with LG and tried to fix this problem (it is a bug of some kind) to no avail. It is very annoying and I finally downloaded another contact/phone app and don't use the one that came on the phone. I was told I could fix that problem though, if I rooted. Now that I'm rooted I would fix it, if I knew how! LOL

I do appreciate your help and I will check into the backup/recovery option sometime.
23rd October 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #42  
Flag Augusta, GA
Thanks Meter: 86

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderlong88

That fixed it and I fixed my mms problem! I sent and received a picture in a text! TY so much!

This phone came preinstalled with AT&T phonebook and everytime I try to select a contact to call the AT&T phonebook takes over and takes me online to sign up for it (although there is no link there and nothing I can do). When I first got this phone I spent hours with LG and tried to fix this problem (it is a bug of some kind) to no avail. It is very annoying and I finally downloaded another contact/phone app and don't use the one that came on the phone. I was told I could fix that problem though, if I rooted. Now that I'm rooted I would fix it, if I knew how! LOL

I do appreciate your help and I will check into the backup/recovery option sometime.

No problem bro. You're welcome, and good luck. I'm around of you have anymore questions.

The Following User Says Thank You to viewtifuljoe71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #43  

5 posts
Tried all the posted solutions and ran into one brick wall or another. Ready to smash this POS.
1st November 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #44  
Flag Augusta, GA
Thanks Meter: 86

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymac91

Tried all the posted solutions and ran into one brick wall or another. Ready to smash this POS.

Did you follow all the steps in the op?

28th November 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #45  

3 posts
Download an app in your playstore called.....No Bloatware free.....
No Bloatware free..... allows you to either turn the pre installed garbage AT&T loads into either of the following two options.
You can uninstall it and backup.....creates a apk of the app an stores it on your phone if you choose to reinstall it later.

Or erase it completely......

BEFORE YOU USE THIS READ IT..............If you are new to rooting an dont know which apps/files are suppose to be there......you could end up with a expensive paperweight......when in doubt google it, youtube it, ask first......always have good backup restore app with current backups to unbrick ur phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderlong88

7th December 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #46  

5 posts
Smile Apologies
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtifuljoe71

Did you follow all the steps in the op?

Sorry for the flaming post, but yea I followed all the steps. I just gave up and flashed back to jellybean.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread