Towelroot

OP Shallow_1

25th October 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #101  
Flag Spokane Washington
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Thumbs up Worked on I-535 With KitKat 4.4.2 NE1
Tried this on my girlfriend's totally stock S3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat NE1 with no problems at all. I then installed SuperSu v2.14 from Play Store and it updated binary and disabled KNOX. That too went perfectly... Next I promptly installed Titanium Backup Pro and froze Security policy updates SPD_v2_1403_4_1 to stop Security Update Notifications and SDM 1.0 to prevent OTAs (Thanks Franzie3!!!). After all that I began the debloating process... Didn't take long and got points with GF as i was supposed to root this thing over a year ago. Still in a little trouble for letting her bootloader get locked.
31st October 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #102  
Flag Detroit-Metro
Thanks Meter: 33

328 posts
More
Just got a refurbished S3 from ebay, and it came with 4.4.2. Ran through the Towelroot and Superuser process (I used the Chainfire version). Looks like it worked! Now to Titanium out some bloat and (fingers crossed) get this thing running smooth.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpmi23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #103  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
More
Nevermind - it worked!
Last edited by cool old lady; 8th November 2014 at 02:52 AM.
9th November 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #104  

3 posts
Need help/instructions
Hi,
I have a Verizon S3 (SCH-I535) running 4.4.2 for Android and Baseband of I535OYUDNE1...and I would like to root it.

Is there a guide somewhere (or can someone tell me how)? It seems like I can just use towelroot and should be good to go, but I'd love to have some confirmation that this won't brick or otherwise mess up my phone.

I've done some searching but haven't been able to find a definitive answer/instructions because I can't tell if what I'm finding is for the same android version/baseband.

Thanks!
10th November 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 850

4,535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmithroid

Hi,
I have a Verizon S3 (SCH-I535) running 4.4.2 for Android and Baseband of I535OYUDNE1...and I would like to root it.

Is there a guide somewhere (or can someone tell me how)? It seems like I can just use towelroot and should be good to go, but I'd love to have some confirmation that this won't brick or otherwise mess up my phone.

I've done some searching but haven't been able to find a definitive answer/instructions because I can't tell if what I'm finding is for the same android version/baseband.

Thanks!

I've read several people say that they've had success with towelroot. It's an app that gains root so I'm somewhat sure that there's no possibility of bricking it. I haven't read or seen anyone that has bricked it via this method

From my CM11 S3
25th November 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #106  

10 posts
Iím assuming you froze SDM 1.0 before or after you rooted, because when I defrosted SDM 1.0 while my S4 was running 4.3 rooted, the OTA worked. It updated to 4.4.2 and lost root. Thanks to geohotís towelroot apk, I finally got it rooted again. Once again, Iím in control of my phone, instead of it being in control of me.
8th December 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #107  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 36

873 posts
More
Trying to do this for a friends Verizon Galaxy S3 as he's on AT&T now. The phone is unfortunately 4.4.2 and I really really hate Samsung right now. So there's no way to downgrade this to 4.1.2? No new method yet to unlock bootloader?
8th December 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 850

4,535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenukemx

Trying to do this for a friends Verizon Galaxy S3 as he's on AT&T now. The phone is unfortunately 4.4.2 and I really really hate Samsung right now. So there's no way to downgrade this to 4.1.2? No new method yet to unlock bootloader?

Nope, your stuck on the 4.4.2 NE1 bootloader. No way to revert it back. It's a permanent thing

Trust me this is a collaboration between Samsung and VZW

From my CM11 S3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread